List Mgmt. Part 3- And on it goes: The trade and draft megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geez stop having a go at him, he’s only coming into his third season and he’s had plenty of injuries. He could still develop into a quality tanner if he keeps working on it.
Hasn't even been given full time in the sun yet.

Geez stop having a go at him, he’s only coming into his third season and he’s had plenty of injuries. He could still develop into a quality tanner if he keeps working on it.
Exactly! How long did it take Dimmer?! And he's still going
8d39c85ea8a2e2fcd32563bee94609d0a8ab670b
b88658916z1_20170324101511_000ganic3ei2-0-228qraw65u6mjz3ayn2_t460.jpg

I'm enjoying this off season... Happy for it to be long with many beers in my premiers stubby holder.
Approx 100 days to go, not that I'm counting..?
It's not so much the lack of footy, as the friggin' cricket that drives me to distraction!?
(apologies to the cricket fans...but not really)(anyway-digressing from thread)

This friggin off season is already too bloody long. What's the score bros?

79-74 when the final siren blew, in our favour.

4-0 in flags for the WA-based clubs.

1,000,258 total lulz on the Port and Fremantle boards this year alone.

What do we have to give up for Kelly at seasons end? Probably our first and our second (keep Sydneys).

If he does his knee? Our second?

I'd love Cogs but I can see him resigning as Kelly will likely leave GWS.

What do we have to give up for Kelly at seasons end? Probably our first and our second (keep Sydneys).

If he does his knee? Our second?

I'd love Cogs but I can see him resigning as Kelly will likely leave GWS.

Tim Kelly will be out of contract. They won't have negotiation power.

Our first alone should be all that we pay at most.

Hope he has an average year just quietly..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't see it getting it done, but our 1st should be our starting point in negotiations (assuming a top 6 finish. As we know anything can happen!). At the end of the day if he were to go to the draft the likelihood is that we would have to take him with our 1st, so there should be no issue with trading it.

Of course it will be the steak knives that will be argued over, not sure 2 relatively early picks (end of 2nd not that early, but still of value) is where we should be. We made a fair offer this year for a contracted player, so need to look at a fair offer for an ooc player.

Maybe our 1st and 2nd for TK and their 3rd. Trade out of the 1st round but have earlier picks in 2nd 3rd and 4th.

Of course we also have to consider the restrictions that trading our 2019 1st will put on us. Have taken 1st rounders in 16/17 but not 18. So if we miss 19 then we are forced to take a 1st in 20 (either our original pick or through trades). Would also force us to use one of 21/22 - so trading out of 2 1st rounds in a row essentially gives you 2 restricted trade/draft windows in the future.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

We seem to be a fair club so will likely pay the asked price.
Imagine if the shoe was on the other foot Wells would be like here's our 3rd and 4th rounders.

I can't see it getting it done, but our 1st should be our starting point in negotiations (assuming a top 6 finish. As we know anything can happen!). At the end of the day if he were to go to the draft the likelihood is that we would have to take him with our 1st, so there should be no issue with trading it.

Of course it will be the steak knives that will be argued over, not sure 2 relatively early picks (end of 2nd not that early, but still of value) is where we should be. We made a fair offer this year for a contracted player, so need to look at a fair offer for an ooc player.

Maybe our 1st and 2nd for TK and their 3rd. Trade out of the 1st round but have earlier picks in 2nd 3rd and 4th.

Of course we also have to consider the restrictions that trading our 2019 1st will put on us. Have taken 1st rounders in 16/17 but not 18. So if we miss 19 then we are forced to take a 1st in 20 (either our original pick or through trades). Would also force us to use one of 21/22 - so trading out of 2 1st rounds in a row essentially gives you 2 restricted trade/draft windows in the future.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yeah fair point, no first rounder two years running.

This friggin off season is already too bloody long. What's the score bros?
At the moment, Tim Kelly is in the lead, with Venables coming up on the outside and closing in second place...
meanwhile AhChee is a distant third down the field...?

Take him in the pre season draft.i would only offer our second

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Our first alone or two late 2nds or we take him in the draft with our first.

If a fringe player wants to move to Gelong sure we can include them.

Take it or leave it.
Why offer our first?
Heres hoping our first isnt very high anyway but we were more than generous this year. We dont need to be next year

Why offer our first?
Heres hoping our first isnt very high anyway but we were more than generous this year. We dont need to be next year

Its fair and reasonable for a player of Kelly's quality.

We dont normally play hard ball.

It is still a good deal for us and Cats would want more but he is out of contract.

Id hioe two late 2nds is what gets it done.

One 2nd would be day light robbery. Which Id love just to stick it up all those Cats posters who act like total flogs.

Its fair and reasonable for a player of Kelly's quality.

We dont normally play hard ball.

It is still a good deal for us and Cats would want more but he is out of contract.

Id hioe two late 2nds is what gets it done.

One 2nd would be day light robbery. Which Id love just to stick it up all those Cats posters who act like total flogs.
In relation to not playing hard ball. Have we ever been in a situation like this?

We usually give the asking price (or even overpay just to get it over the line) but on this occasion not even that was enough, and Geelong were dicks about it. So it would be reasonable by us if we turned around and said this is all we’re giving you, take it or he’s going to the draft. Shouldn’t affect our reputation too much, just fighting for our fair end of the deal, not trying to lowball anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back