List Mgmt. Part 3- And on it goes: The trade and draft megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be specific and tell me what I've commented on is one-dimensional thinking.

I haven't used the word "pigeonhole" or its implication in my expression. I've stated along the lines of players being drafted for positions they're predominantly played in as juniors to be played in as pros, as it's what they were drafted for, what they're used to and where they play their best footy; whilst also acknowledging that players can and will play bit-part roles elsewhere at times, but primarily stick to the role they were drafted for, as in drafting a HBF to fill a HBF position. There are more examples of this than vice versa. There's nothing controversial about such a position. I understand there are exceptions who're drafted to play in a certain position but then go onto transcend that role and play a different and perhaps more important role. Yeo being one such player.

Please cite where I've stated or implied this. I've stated that it's a given that as players age and gain experience, they naturally move into positions of leadership due to the fluidity of the list with the yearly influx of youngsters. This is the third time I've posted this. Keep up!

It's not the game that so much changes from year to year, as the fundamentals stay the same, it's the tactics and minor rule changes that change. I believe it to have only a minor effect on who's drafted. New positions haven't been invented on the field recently. A HBF's role remains much the same as it always has. Strategies evolve to keep up with changing tactics, yet player positions and their role, despite slight tweaks, remain much the same.

In your opinion. It's certainly not my view. 'Best available' is subjective and doesn't factor in what a team's list requires. Best available on every occasion can destroy a list.

Of course there's a point to drafting a player other than best available, it's drafting to fill a particular need.

Some have suggested that he's future captain material, but that's beside the point I'm making wrt filling positional needs.

And yet completely irrelevant to my point.

If I ever got a chance to ask Simpson some questions directly one of the first would be why Parto never got more games. It genuinely intrigues me
Yeah agreed. I think he’s to good to be playing SANFL, although he’s young so theres always a chance if he tears it up next year

I like this list a lot!
If we get Sturt, I'll squirt. (Duursma is much harder to rhyme with)

BRING ON THE DRAFT!!!
Sturt looks like he could be a squirter for sure....
Duursma & Sturt might be the best possible realistic additions gameplan-wise. Find a way to snare Kennerley or Pickett, as well as Cameron and it would be squirt & shart worthy summer.

And EAD Geelong, it all could have been yours...

Duursma & Sturt might be the best possible realistic additions gameplan-wise. Find a way to snare Kennerley or Pickett, as well as Cameron and it would be squirt & shart worthy summer.

Great first post! - Not that it matters much but I like you.
giphy.gif

Curtis Taylor has to be our number one target surely.
I wouldn't be too upset if we got Taylor. Only based on this one video at least.
Looks like you could develop him in any position besides key position. But he could definitely become a marking midfielder who rests forward by the look of it.

Little bit too light and outside for mine.

Sturt is skinny flanker, Duursma as well, just in the backline. Then you have outside runner Kennerly and yet anoher lightly framed player in Pickett.

Any chance of some grunt? And by grunt, I mean Ely. A man who can win a hard ball, give three Dustin's and still be home in time for dinner.

Tom joyce looks like a good pick probably would have been in the top 15 if he wasnt injured .

Very clean by hand , weaves his way through traffic well and kicking looks classy as * .

Looks a bit skinny in his draft video but that was last year as an underager

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Little bit too light and outside for mine.

Sturt is skinny flanker, Duursma as well, just in the backline. Then you have outside runner Kennerly and yet anoher lightly framed player in Pickett.

Any chance of some grunt? And by grunt, I mean Ely. A man who can win a hard ball, give three Dustin's and still be home in time for dinner.

More clearances than Harvey Norman.

I’m on the Ely train.

Tom joyce looks like a good pick probably would have been in the top 15 if he wasnt injured .

Very clean by hand , weaves his way through traffic well and kicking looks classy as **** .

Looks a bit skinny in his draft video but that was last year as an underager
I saw him live last year in a few games and he gets a lot it it but a butcher of the ball

Last edited:

Who f****** asked you!!
......welcome.

Would be really interested in hearing from experts why O'Halloran doesn't get as much of it as others.

Every involvement he has is the sex. But it's clearly not enough involvement. Sounds like he's fit enough, smart enough, playing on-ball enough: so what gives? This is the sorta thing you can't see in highlight vids :/

In any case he's my fave for one of our picks. Could do with more mids that can overhead mark like he can.

I'm certainly not sold on O'Halloran.

After growing concerns of Venables low possession numbers, warning flags are there selecting a midfielder who averaged 13 touches a game in the champs.

18 disposal ave from 13 TAC cup games as well.

Conversely... Sexy Ely averaged 30 touches in the champs, and 24 from 17 games at TAC level.

Last edited:
Imagine waking this time next week to a nightmare- Foley and Joyce with our first 2 picks.

:sick::mad::poo::(:sick::mad::poo::(

Thats scary stuff.

Neither bad players but both would be massive reaches at 20 and 22 or whatever number pick they eventually bobble out to be.

I'm certainly not sold on O'Halloran.

After growing concerns of Venables low possession numbers, warning flags are there selecting a midfielder who averaged 13 touches a game in the champs.

18 disposal ave from 13 TAC cup games as well.

Conversely... Sexy Ely averaged 30 touches in the champs, and 24 from 17 games at TAC level.

You make some good points about sexy Ely mate. Having a tank who can dish out a decent Dusty or 6 ain’t no bad thing. If we get him I’d be stoked too

He's probably my least favorite of the top group. Really is a HFF which I think is one of least required positions. Most likely to end up at lions as best mates with Raynor.

Skinny undersized marking forward is low on the list of needs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

:sick::mad::poo::(:sick::mad::poo::(

Thats scary stuff.

Neither bad players but both would be massive reaches at 20 and 22 or whatever number pick they eventually bobble out to be.

Foley would be a reach, but he's got his fans. Would mind him if he slips, as he can play any line.

Joyce has electric pace and is very clean by hand. Worse players being thrown around here as options.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back