List Mgmt. Part 3- And on it goes: The trade and draft megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it just me but I think Joyce is a poor kick?

I also agree that Joyce is a poor kick however one of the knocks on shuey pre-draft was that he was a poor kick. (not saying that joyce will head the same way)

God this still all makes me so pissed we drafted Ainsworth. He's in the worst few kicks of AFL drafted players i've ever seen.

Vozzo just confirmed that 20 will be on day 2.

Not good for us fans, but great for the club. If there are sliders we can just listen to offers from other clubs overnight for our picks.

He also confirmed 3 or 4 in the main draft and that we are looking at some mature age pick ups.

I think our picks starting on day 2 is a huge advantage. Can reset the strategy knowing the first days picks.

Vozzo also confirmed we will take 3/4 in main or 3/4 in the rookie list depending on how the draft plays out.

Also confirmed we will have some mature age players

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Not good for us fans, but great for the club. If there are sliders we can just listen to offers from other clubs overnight for our picks.

He also confirmed 3 or 4 in the main draft and that we are looking at some mature age pick ups.
So we could see us sit back on day 1 but it might also see us being active.

I am looking at Brisbane as a club that might be a potential trade partner. Our picks of 20/22/61 line up pretty close in points to 18/30/56.

If there was a slider that we really valued at 18, then we could do a significant trade with Brisbane and pick up that slider. Examples: I would be keen on Stocker or Clark at that pick if available. It mean that we go back 8 places with our second pick and that might land us a Kennerly or McHenry. It would also give us higher points in our third pick so more to cover a Cameron bid.

Alternatively we offer Brisbane our first round next year for pick 18. Then we take 18/20/22/61 to the draft.
Possible haul of
18 - Stocker/Hill/Clarke - a class player
20 - Williams - invest in our future ruck/power forward
22 - Valente/O'Halloran/Smith - midfielder
61 - Cameron - dangerous small forward

upload_2018-11-17_11-19-46.png

I am looking at Brisbane as a club that might be a potential trade partner. Our picks of 20/22/61 line up pretty close in points to 18/30/56.

If there was a slider that we really valued at 18, then we could do a significant trade with Brisbane and pick up that slider. Examples: I would be keen on Stocker or Clark at that pick if available. It mean that we go back 8 places with our second pick and that might land us a Kennerly or McHenry. It would also give us higher points in our third pick so more to cover a Cameron bid.

Alternatively we offer Brisbane our first round next year for pick 18. Then we take 18/20/22/61 to the draft.
Possible haul of

View attachment 585374

I wonder if we would do that pick swap trade for Duursma.

Possible haul of

View attachment 585374

Since after the top 10 its supposedly super even we would have to be really sure there has been a big slider.

Do the trade and get Duursma, Smith/Kennerly and Cameron

or

Keep our picks and get Valente, O'Halloran/Smith and Cameron

Both a good - depends what is taken off the board prior to 18

I’m actually heaps more pumped for the draft now that 20 is on day 2. I think a trade is a real possibility.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m actually heaps more pumped for the draft now that 20 is on day 2. I think a trade is a real possibility.

I tend to agree with this.

Being a staunch NFL fan, who for many years has watched live and followed ,with a very close eye, the NFL draft I make a few comments.

They have the first round on one night followed by the remaining rounds over the next two days, YES I know its a different sport however I can see the same principle in play, that being.

The first live pick on day two ( after round 1 the night before ) is a very valuable and often highly sought after commodity.

As Clubs at the end of the first night assess who is still available and the Club that has the first live pick day two is often able to extract excellent valve and leverage to their advantage from prospective Clubs that enquire about trading up for that pick.

Generally the Club that holds the first pick ,in the second round, phone is pretty active both latter that night, after the first round is completed and in the morning before the second round starts.

The spread of the AFL draft over two days and the ability for live trading on draft days opens up a whole new dimension to the draft machinations, intrigue and manoeuvrings ................. its going to be fascinating to watch how it all unfolds.

We should ask for extra time on the first pick of day 2, just for laughs.

Chris Pelchen approves of this idea.

Being a staunch NFL fan, who for many years has watched live and followed ,with a very close eye, the NFL draft I make a few comments.

They have the first round on one night followed by the remaining rounds over the next two days, YES I know its a different sport however I can see the same principle in play, that being.

The first live pick on day two ( after round 1 the night before ) is a very valuable and often highly sought after commodity.

As Clubs at the end of the first night assess who is still available and the Club that has the first live pick day two is often able to extract excellent valve and leverage to their advantage from prospective Clubs that enquire about trading up for that pick.

Generally the Club that holds the first pick ,in the second round, phone is pretty active both latter that night, after the first round is completed and in the morning before the second round starts.

The spread of the AFL draft over two days and the ability for live trading on draft days opens up a whole new dimension to the draft machinations, intrigue and manoeuvrings ................. its going to be fascinating to watch how it all unfolds.

I haven’t watched American drafts too closely. That’s great info.

So holding picks 1 and 3 of day 2 must be even stronger!

So holding picks 1 and 3 of day 2 must be even stronger!

From WC's point of view..... YES .... very much so , in so much as we then only wait two spots after the first live pick in round two , if we rate three players almost equally, with the same grade on them, we have nothing to lose and everything to gain by trading the first pick and getting ourselves a couple of latter picks.

I the NFL clubs giving up the first live pick day two tend to trade it for another early second and an early third, therefore turning it in to two picks.

In our case this year it would be good to have already taken three picks before we had to match a Cameron bid, strategically that could play out well for us.

Last edited:
From WC's point of view..... YES .... very much so , in so much as we then only wait two spots after the first live pick in round two , if we rate three players almost equally, with the same grade on them, we have nothing to lose and everything to gain by trading the first pick and getting ourselves a couple of latter picks.

I the NFL clubs giving up the first live pick day two tend to trade it for another early second and an early third, therefore turning it in to two picks.

In our case this year it would be good to have already taken three picks before we had to match a Cameron bid, strategically that could play out well for us.
I'm guessing that we could also play a couple of games with bids on Academy and F&S picks with 20 & 22.
Thus forcing clubs to use extra picks to secure their players and possible shaping the tail end of the draft. I suspect that the more multiples of picks before 61 brings us further up in those late picks.

Something about Clark being picked up before our first pick really irritates me - the kid looks like a genuine 200 gamer with real class. Does anyone think we would try and trade up to have access to him before the purples?
It will be bloody hard to get in before the Violent Crumbles at 14

Port hold 10 and we would probably need to give up both 20 and 22 which is too much
GWS hold picks 9 and 11 and I have heard they are keen on Clark so doubt they will trade plus they rate highly the first rounders (the earlier the better)
Geelong hold 12 and they have publicly stated they do not value our picks 20 and 22 (but I would love the irony of it)
Adelaide hold 13 and they will want SA talent possibly there at that pick, heard they are keen on Williams so if we reveal who we want and they are OK passing that would leave them 16, 20 and 21 having already supposedly taken someone at 8. They would want something back like a swap for a future 2nd for a 3rd rounder.

I'm guessing that we could also play a couple of games with bids on Academy and F&S picks with 20 & 22.
Thus forcing clubs to use extra picks to secure their players and possible shaping the tail end of the draft. I suspect that the more multiples of picks before 61 brings us further up in those late picks.
Interesting with the clubs so deliberately trading back meaning Doggies (but only for West), Collingwood and North will pretty much have to match the bids. The other clubs like GWS, Brisbane and Geelong will be less stuck on taking them and have alternate picks to take and they may prefer not to match.

Remember with Academy/FS bids - playing silly buggers in 2018 will come round to bite you in future years.

It will be bloody hard to get in before the Violent Crumbles at 14

Port hold 10 and we would probably need to give up both 20 and 22 which is too much
GWS hold picks 9 and 11 and I have heard they are keen on Clark so doubt they will trade plus they rate highly the first rounders (the earlier the better)
Geelong hold 12 and they have publicly stated they do not value our picks 20 and 22 (but I would love the irony of it)
Adelaide hold 13 and they will want SA talent possibly there at that pick, heard they are keen on Williams so if we reveal who we want and they are OK passing that would leave them 16, 20 and 21 having already supposedly taken someone at 8. They would want something back like a swap for a future 2nd for a 3rd rounder.
A future second for third and a swap of 20 to 13 (if that’s what you mean) would be worth it for this kid though yeah? Thanks for the top response by the way.

Hopefully the mature agers are rookie listed such as Marsh and Paperone. Need another mature ruck on the rookie list as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back