Patrick Dangerfield will go down as one of the great player of our time

Remove this Banner Ad

smashbox gill

Premiership Player
Jun 25, 2008
Donnie
AFL Club
Carlton
I know its a huge rap on a bloke who is still plying his trade and is only really just starting to break into that Super Elite sort of player in the competition.

The great players who go down in History that people remember are the ones that stand up when their team need them to. When the games in the balance and someone needs to step up, they do.

Patty being one of my favourite players in the league always seems to do this. Numerous times this year when ive been watching adelaide play in a game thats very close in the last quarter, dangerfield just always seems to step up and take charge. Winning clearances, hardball gets, breaking the lines etc. it always seems that he lifts when his team needs him to.

Judd used to do it, voss used to do it, hird used to do it.

I know he's still growing as a player, but he just seems to be one of the most reliable CLUTCH time players ive seen.

In my opinion will be the best player in the league in 2-3 years!

just wanting to get other peoples thoughts

He's a good player but it's way too soon to call unless you're a one eyed crows supporter wanting a bit of a mental wank that is.

My weekends would be ruined if I couldn't do that, especially with the way the team is playing so far this year.

These things are so subjective anyway, I don't see the point in them most of the time.

I know its a huge rap on a bloke who is still plying his trade and is only really just starting to break into that Super Elite sort of player in the competition.

The great players who go down in History that people remember are the ones that stand up when their team need them to. When the games in the balance and someone needs to step up, they do.

Patty being one of my favourite players in the league always seems to do this. Numerous times this year when ive been watching adelaide play in a game thats very close in the last quarter, dangerfield just always seems to step up and take charge. Winning clearances, hardball gets, breaking the lines etc. it always seems that he lifts when his team needs him to.

I know he's still growing as a player, but he just seems to be one of the most reliable CLUTCH time players ive seen.

Big call. He was unsighted in the first 2 finals last year and then had the oppurtunity to win them the game late against the Hawks but failed.

Guess you didn't watch last Saturday against the Swans?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There are several others of similar vintage running around at the moment who are more likely to earn that honour. Nevertheless, he is undoubtedly a very good player and will be even better over the next several years.

Top 10-15 player IMO which is a great achievement for a 23 (?) year old. Maybe in danger becoming a little overrated now though.

Gee you've really put ur nuts on the line with that prediction captain not so obvious

Dangerfield "looks good" when he runs with the ball, just like Gary Ablett, Chris Judd and Adam Goodes. The ability to "look good" and run & carry the ball is probably the most important pre-requisite to becoming one of the greats.

I thought Danger might be a dark horse for the Brownlow this season. He is the type of player who receives BOGs and 3 vptes every time he plays well.

So we have to define "our time" Is this the past 13 years since 2000? If so where do you place Dangerfield in a composite side in that time?
He is a midfielder, so where do you place him alongside the likes of Voss, Black, Aker, Ablett jr, Selwood, Hodge, Judd, Cousins, Harvey, Goodes, Buckley, Ricciuto, Bartel, Watson etc..?

So we have to define "our time" Is this the past 13 years since 2000? If so where do you place Dangerfield in a composite side in that time?
He is a midfielder, so where do you place him alongside the likes of Voss, Black, Aker, Ablett jr, Selwood, Hodge, Judd, Cousins, Harvey, Goodes, Buckley, Ricciuto, Bartel, Watson etc..?
Nowhere near these guys.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back