Traded Patrick Lipinski traded to Collingwood for Pick #43

Remove this Banner Ad

Pick 55 or better for Max Lynch gets us back there (if it came to that).

Hawks will trade Ceglar and probably get a late 30's/early 40's pick for him factoring in the 50% salary coverage.

Then the Hawks take that pick and they slide some picks around with the pies for Lynch with the late 30's/early 40's + Hawthorn's 59 & 65 potentially to upgrade points for the pies and the hawks are unlikely to need pick 59/65 once all the trading is done and dusted due to list spots.

Like I've said I know zero about him, what is he realistically worth in trade value?

I go of the basis of Nick Hind when he left Essendon to Saints, VFL player and not getting a run in the seniors due to no opportunity with others ahead of him (Saad and McKenna)

Or when Saints traded back Hind to essendon after playing 20 odd AFL games, pick swaps in the 60's and 70's

late 3rd or 4th round pick?

Last edited:
Like I've said I know zero about him, what is he realistically worth in trade value?

I go of the basis of Nick Hind when he left Essendon to Saints, VFL player and not getting a run in the seniors due to no opportunity with others ahead of him (Saad and McKenna)

Or when Saints traded back Hind to essendon after playing 20 odd AFL games, pick swaps in the 60's and 70's

Got a few more runs on the board than Hind had. We might get a late second at best if someone is really keen. Sounds like a few clubs are so that helps.

Nick Hind wasn't on Essendon's AFL list, he got drafted to St. Kilda.

How does he compare to Toby McLean? What's the go with him? From limited viewing seemed to play in the middle from 16 - 18 and was building quite well. Then pushed to forward pocket as the midfield got stacked. 4 games back and then omitted after a quiet performance.

How does he compare to Toby McLean? What's the go with him? From limited viewing seemed to play in the middle from 16 - 18 and was building quite well. Then pushed to forward pocket as the midfield got stacked. 4 games back and then omitted after a quiet performance.
Very different players. Lipinski has much cleaner disposal, more composed with ball in hand, but very slow. McLean applies really good pressure, is reliable with the groundball (I'd back him in to win it more often than not if left one on one), his skills are reasonable but not a standout, but most importantly he has this manic attack at the ball / ball carrier. He did really well last year when given a run-with role. If forced to choose, I feel Lipinski is the more talented player, but McLean is the far better fit in the Dogs system, so I'd rather keep McLean. Only reason he's not in is because we rushed him back from his knee injury with no VFL games, and had to drop him a week later. I'd expect he's back in the side soon enough, whereas I'm doubtful over Lipinski making his way back in unless our injury list gets somehow even worse than it already is

More like Tom Mitchell at Sydney situation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So you mean Lipinski will play 26 games this year and be one of your best performers in the finals as you go all the way to the Grand Final?

Or is he instead struggling to get a spot in the team.....
more struggling to get a spot in the team

Reported on the Tigercast last night that Richmond have interest in this bloke.

Could see him slotting really nicely onto the wing for us. Dogs fans, am I right in my assessment that he is great user of the ball who can run all day, but lacks leg speed?

Reported on the Tigercast last night that Richmond have interest in this bloke.

Could see him slotting really nicely onto the wing for us. Dogs fans, am I right in my assessment that he is great user of the ball who can run all day, but lacks leg speed?
Yep - great user, good endurance runner, but poor speed and worse defensive accountability.

Very different players. Lipinski has much cleaner disposal, more composed with ball in hand, but very slow. McLean applies really good pressure, is reliable with the groundball (I'd back him in to win it more often than not if left one on one), his skills are reasonable but not a standout, but most importantly he has this manic attack at the ball / ball carrier. He did really well last year when given a run-with role. If forced to choose, I feel Lipinski is the more talented player, but McLean is the far better fit in the Dogs system, so I'd rather keep McLean. Only reason he's not in is because we rushed him back from his knee injury with no VFL games, and had to drop him a week later. I'd expect he's back in the side soon enough, whereas I'm doubtful over Lipinski making his way back in unless our injury list gets somehow even worse than it already is

Sounds exactly like Daniel Howe (another that the Swans are apparently into)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back