Traded Patrick Lipinski traded to Collingwood for Pick #43

Remove this Banner Ad

Pick 55 or better for Max Lynch gets us back there (if it came to that).

Hawks will trade Ceglar and probably get a late 30's/early 40's pick for him factoring in the 50% salary coverage.

Then the Hawks take that pick and they slide some picks around with the pies for Lynch with the late 30's/early 40's + Hawthorn's 59 & 65 potentially to upgrade points for the pies and the hawks are unlikely to need pick 59/65 once all the trading is done and dusted due to list spots.

We are using the AFL rules (PSD) as leverage to get Pinski cheap.
You used AFL rules (salary cap) as leverage to get Treloar cheap.
Don’t make out you paid fair value for Treloar. You screwed us royally as you knew we were in a corner. It ended up we got around pick 50 equivalent for Treloar.
Don't assume that Pies would use the PSD on getting Lipinski. Pies have only done it once in their time to get Luke Ball and that was because Saints & Pies couldn't come to an agreement. It was done before future picks & FA came in. Ball would of been a FA if it existed back then.

If you look at players that went to PSD in seasons past. Hately was let go for nothing by GWS because they got what they wanted out of Caldwell. Martin went to the PSD because Calton were wrapped up in the Papley trade which was wrapped up in the Daniher trade which neither could get done. A few went because they weren't worth the hassle of a late pick.

In no universe can you equate Treloar's situation to Lipinski. To even suggest that is embarassing mate.

You continuously restructured Treloar's contract to avoid paying him the money due, lied to him about his team mates wanting him out, spread false rumours in the media and ultimately forced him out of the club.

Lipinski has been offered a 3 year contract by the Dogs. In no conceivable universe is it the same thing.

Treloar wanted to stay where Lipinski has/will asked to be Traded

We are using the AFL rules (PSD) as leverage to get Pinski cheap.
You used AFL rules (salary cap) as leverage to get Treloar cheap.
Don’t make out you paid fair value for Treloar. You screwed us royally as you knew we were in a corner. It ended up we got around pick 50 equivalent for Treloar.
No one else in Vic wanted Treloar. The market spoke.
You will get Lipinski for a song though. I don’t think I’ve seen a Bulldog poster suggest anything other than we have to take whatever you offer pretty much.

No one else in Vic wanted Treloar. The market spoke.
You will get Lipinski for a song though. I don’t think I’ve seen a Bulldog poster suggest anything other than we have to take whatever you offer pretty much.
Think Saints did, but they couldn't afford him, lived close by at the time, so Dogs were his other choice.

Personally, dont see much issue with Lipinski trade. It'll be fairly straight forward

Don't assume that Pies would use the PSD on getting Lipinski. Pies have only done it once in their time to get Luke Ball and that was because Saints & Pies couldn't come to an agreement. It was done before future picks & FA came in. Ball would of been a FA if it existed back then.

If you look at players that went to PSD in seasons past. Hately was let go for nothing by GWS because they got what they wanted out of Caldwell. Martin went to the PSD because Calton were wrapped up in the Papley trade which was wrapped up in the Daniher trade which neither could get done. A few went because they weren't worth the hassle of a late pick.
Ball went through the national draft

I’m not assuming anything. We’ll offer what we think will get the deal done. I don’t expect it to be much.

We’ll talk to Pinski, if that deal is rejected and advise him we might have to go through the PSD but are fully committed to him. Even if NM have no player earmarked for pick one in the PSD, they are not going to take a player who doesn’t want to play for them.

I’m not assuming anything. We’ll offer what we think will get the deal done. I don’t expect it to be much.

We’ll talk to Pinski, if that deal is rejected and advise him we might have to go through the PSD but are fully committed to him. Even if NM have no player earmarked for pick one in the PSD, they are not going to take a player who doesn’t want to play for them.
If we have the spot and Lipinski is available I’d back us to take him and if he decides to leave after a year so be it but I’d back us to get him to commit

If we have the spot and Lipinski is available I’d back us to take him and if he decides to leave after a year so be it but I’d back us to get him to commit
It’s very easy for supporters to peddle that line but it’s happened maybe twice that I can recall and both were far better credentialled players than Pinski.
Nick Stevens and Jade Rawlings from the last 20 years that I can recall. A rebuilding team’s list management team is not picking a player that doesn’t want to play for them, even if it’s for free.

It’s very easy for supporters to peddle that line but it’s happened maybe twice that I can recall and both were far better credentialled players than Pinski.
Nick Stevens and Jade Rawlings from the last 20 years that I can recall. A rebuilding team’s list management team is not picking a player that doesn’t want to play for them, even if it’s for free.

The Nick Stevens one Worked in Collingwood's Favor

Wouldn’t you be using that pick of CCJ who does want to play for you?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah potentially if they don’t take our pick 38 but if they do then we can take someone else in the PSD
Doubt you take someone who has nominated another club, someone you have no interest in, someone who doesn't want to go to said club.

Just seems pointless.

Pre-season drafts are usually for deals that don't go through in the trade period wiht your club. Not to pick off other rival's targets.

With Stephens & Narkle out of the running Lipinski becomes a bigger target for teams wanting mids and think they can work with him to get his best out of him.

North and Lip would be a pretty good fit honestly. They have some great contested players in that side already. He would be a good silk addition where it wasn’t necessary for him to do as much heavy lifting. Especially with Cunnington at the coal face.

Its a pitty a dogs supporters personal opinion idea posting about a bigger trade target for teams hoping for a bidding war isn't going to make his trade value any higher. Specially when the intel is at the moment he's already chosen the pies. You aint getting a second round pick for him if thats what your dreaming of when he can't get a game or even as an emergency because thats just a desperate fantasy stuff.
Just out of curiosity what round pick do you want for CCJ?

I’ve always loved the relationship the two clubs have had previously and that was evident as recently as Roughead but the Treloar trade left a sour taste in the mouth. He went for way unders (trade value/salary %) and whilst that was Collingwood’s fault, the Doggies went in raw last year and did not provide appropriate value of trade. Pies had no other choice but to accept.

I think that considering a midfielder was the last thing we needed, and we had Bont and a few others up for contract negotiations, that we did do you a favour. What would have happened if the Treloar trade had not gone through at the last minute?

I might also add that getting Treloar has pushed out Lippy, who you will probably get cheap, so that evens it out.

Last edited:
With Stephens & Narkle out of the running Lipinski becomes a bigger target for teams wanting mids and think they can work with him to get his best out of him.

Sounds like he has already made his Mind Up

Somone would offer Bigger Deal to possibly change his mind

Sounds like he has already made his Mind Up

Somone would offer Bigger Deal to possibly change his mind

Still hearing that we are having a good crack at him. We also have bulk $$$ to throw around.

Currently still think he'll sign with Collingwood though because that's where the majority of the smoke is coming from.

Still hearing that we are having a good crack at him. We also have bulk $$$ to throw around.

Currently still think he'll sign with Collingwood though because that's where the majority of the smoke is coming from.

Hearing he pretty much Agreed to Join Collingwood but can't make anything Official until after the Grand Final

I think Hawks was speculated to have a brief interest in him, but not as strong as the pies, who are reported to be long way down the line with him. I think everyone expects this to be the case.

About 10 days or so we'll see. Whenever they do exit interviews post GF.

Yep.. Hopefully around next Wednesday we will hear his plans. Possibly as soon as Monday it might come out in the wash who he will request a trade to. He wants game time. Pies are going to give him that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back