Player Watch Patrick Parnell - Contract Extension To End of 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Said in an interview that he hopes to be a long-term player with us. Refreshing.

On SM-A115F using BigFooty.com mobile app
I watched his presser on the AFC site; noticed that.

Nice kid, likable, well-spoken; didn't seem to be overawed, seemed relaxed, good soh. I hope he makes it.

Absolutely loving his intent to take the game on, definitely got some wheels.

Reckon he could turn into a very important running defender for us going forward, just needs another couple of seasons to build the physique and composure.

Good call, very easy to observe week on week improvement, has a lot of the obvious tools to make it.

Absolutely loving his intent to take the game on, definitely got some wheels.

Reckon he could turn into a very important running defender for us going forward, just needs another couple of seasons to build the physique and composure.
Yeah reminds of Jayden Short. Once he puts some muscle on he should go to another level.

I am expecting continued improvement from Patrick this coming season. He will turn 21 just as the season begins. He has a taste for it with 11 games under his belt now. He has some serious weapons with his pace, evasion and kick. The following article also highlights his commitment and good to see he has put on a few kilos and worked on this strength. Parnell’s pre-season priority

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Appropriate here...

20230514-v-stk-gif.1687337

20230514-v-stk-s-gif.1687433

Carried over his SANFL form to the ones in a big, big way

Was as clean as it gets with ball in hand today, with some handy defensive work

Appropriate here...

20230514-v-stk-gif.1687337

20230514-v-stk-s-gif.1687433
When this happened, I said to myself in jest, this is why he was the replacement for Murray...but seriously, I love the way Parnell plays. He has the drive and he has the skill, even if his body is not solid compared to his peers. He deserves to be back in the side. The SANFL side definitely missed him this weekend though.

Had no idea he was capable of taking a hanger. What a mark! He looked great today. Just needs another 10+ kg
Although most other players would have taken that with 2 feet planted on the ground - Parnell is the only one small enough that he needed to jump to reach it 😛

But seriously, this guy is just so clean with the ball when he gets it. He's a player who when you see him get hold of the ball you just kind of sit back and relax a bit with total confidence that he's going to hit a target.

Awesome mark, obviously, but I was also super impressed at how he immediately got up and weighted a perfect kick straight over the congestion to a free player in the centre of the ground.

Between him, Hinge, Michalanney, Smith, and occasional appearances from Sholl and Dawson, we have some seriously good kicks coming out the backline now. Add Milera to that list if he can reproduce today's form on a regular basis too. And there's nothing wrong with Murray and Doedee's kicks, either. Butts is really the only below average kick back there.

It's a far cry from the days of Kelly, Hartigan and Talia...

That mark reminded me of the Ben Hart mark of they year back in the day. What a great grab and what a surprise!

Edit: Just tried to find the highlights from Ben Hart and it was nothing like it. Bad memory. Still a great grab though!

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back