Rumour Phil Walsh to Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Expecting an announcement sometime today. Makes you wonder what the hell Bolton was doing in Adelaide.

I still think there's more to play out. Could be in as a "succession" plan to take over from Walsh in 3 years?

Fair enough. But just on Charlie Cameron, while he's no doubt done some decent things there's not a hell of a lot of evidence yet that he'll achieve much more in his career than Cam Hitchcock has for us. If all goes to plan he might end up somewhere around the level of Jake Neade. And had you compiled greater depth through the draft Cameron may have not even needed to debut yet, held back for further development like we've been able to do with guys like Amon.

Not sure i agree with that. Cameron adds a lot to our 2 glaring deficiencies:

Pace
Tackling

For someone so slight of frame, he sure can stick a tackle

Early days, but i think if we can get 100-150 games out of him, we'd have done super well from the rookie draft

I was at the Freo game over here and was actually about 10 metres away from his family (he's from WA) and they were so pumped and chuffed about the way he played in that first half. I think he had 3 goals to HT and was so enjoyable watching his family and how excited they were

He's exciting no doubt!

I still think there's more to play out. Could be in as a "succession" plan to take over from Walsh in 3 years?

Would Hawthorn release him to do that though? They're under no obligation to do so, see Stuey Dew at Sydney last year. It's a strange competition where it's harder to find a good assistant than it is to find a good senior coach. You generally either have to pick from somebody who's been recently sacked or someone who's untried at AFL level. We're about to have the same problem.

Glenno23 said:
He's exciting no doubt!

He's a mouthy little prick too. I can tell Port supporters are going to hate him over the years. Although I suppose that's just going to add to his appeal to you lot :p

Wonder if we'd have kept him on if he has applied but missed out? Have a feeling we would have told hi to get f'd as soon as he mentioned the Crows.

(spoken)
I'm Andrew, you know
I'm David pleased to meet you
I'm Payzey, hello
Alan
I'm Mark Ricciuto, how are you doing? All reet? Champion!
My name is Phil
And I'm Rob Chapman and guess what?

Oi!

We wanna be Port, We wanna be Port
We're sick and tired of missing the finals and coming up short
We wanna confirm, we wanna conform
We wanna be safe and we wanna be snug and we wanna be warm

We wanna create a place of our own - the 'Adelaide Fort'
Brr, gonna be good, brr, gonna be kind
It might be a wrench but think of the stench we're leaving behind

Come out of the cold and do what we're told and don't get caught
We wanna give, we wanna give, we wanna give our report
We're learning to hate all the things that were s**t when we used to be bought!

Ow! Port, Port, Port, Port, Port
Port, Port, Port, Port,
Port, Port, Port, Port, Port

We wanna be Port, we wanna be Port
We're sick and tired of missing the finals and coming up short
We know that you're right, we know we were wrong
So thanks very much, please keep in touch, we'll be running along

We wanna be Port
We wanna be Port
We wanna be Port
We wanna be Port (Port, Port)
We wanna be Port (Port, that would be *HAWT*)
(repeat)

Would Hawthorn release him to do that though? They're under no obligation to do so, see Stuey Dew at Sydney last year. It's a strange competition where it's harder to find a good assistant than it is to find a good senior coach. You generally either have to pick from somebody who's been recently sacked or someone who's untried at AFL level. We're about to have the same problem.

He's a mouthy little prick too. I can tell Port supporters are going to hate him over the years. Although I suppose that's just going to add to his appeal to you lot :p

Yeah, not sure if Hawthorn would do that. I guess we'll find out when they make the actual announcement. Bolton also may be the one to take over from Clarkson when he wraps up. The angry ant gets taken over by Mr Happy

As for Cameron being hated by Port fans, well that's just a bonus isn't it!

Koch made it sound like little brother came cap in hand to big daddy and said 'just give us something, please'

Just kidding - the more I think about it the more this is a good appointment for them. Walsh chaired our leadership group meetings also - so he has a massive insight into how our club ticks. Just know we will loose others this off season, not the key people but people that know enough about us to try and replicate. I do find it amusing that their nation wide search took them all the way to alberton....

They will improve out of sight next year. **** it!
I wouldn't go as far to say that they will improve out of sight next year. Like i said in a previous post, their list is average and it was that good, why have they missed finals 4 out of the last 5 years. Their loss of draft picks and their previous player defections have put them in a bad place, list wise, and it will not be remedied over night.

Especially as Bolton could be in the frame to take over from Clarkson in the same time.

Bolton is also a front runner for Gold Coast according to the media reports.

Not sure i agree with that. Cameron adds a lot to our 2 glaring deficiencies:

Pace
Tackling

For someone so slight of frame, he sure can stick a tackle

Early days, but i think if we can get 100-150 games out of him, we'd have done super well from the rookie draft

I was at the Freo game over here and was actually about 10 metres away from his family (he's from WA) and they were so pumped and chuffed about the way he played in that first half. I think he had 3 goals to HT and was so enjoyable watching his family and how excited they were

He's exciting no doubt!

No doubt. The Hitchcock comparison was really just me being a campaigner. No young player deserves that.

Especially as Bolton could be in the frame to take over from Clarkson in the same time.

Bolton is also a front runner for Gold Coast according to the media reports.

Yeah I bet that the Crows panel were not too impressed with Bolton saying that he was in the running for the Gold Coast job and was wanting to see how that played out before making his decision between them and Adelaide....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the best thing about this appointment is that cow supporters are upset (on their board) that we stole their thunder when Kochie mentioned in on Sunrise this morning

(they have forgotten a few weeks ago when the were trying to steal our thunder several times during the week of our Prelim)

and another funny thing is that they believe (wrongly) that we are in meltdown with this appointment of Walsh as their head coach (which we are not)

the best thing about this appointment is that cow supporters are upset (on their board) that we stole their thunder when Kochie mentioned in on Sunrise this morning

(they have forgotten a few weeks ago when the were trying to steal our thunder several times during the week of our Prelim)

and another funny thing is that they believe (wrongly) that we are in meltdown with this appointment of Welsh as their head coach (which we are not)

Welsh, they're gonna end up with Scott Welsh

;)

And make no mistake if the right opportunity arises KT and co will return the favour.

I doubt it, the club will move on pretty quickly and find someone as good as Walsh if not better.

The only good thing about this is that it's happened so early in the off season: unlike the Richo debacle last year. We'll move on from this, find a suitable replacement and begin our assault on the 2015 premiership.

couldn't agree more, it will be a huge difference compared to last year, where we had very limited time and did pretty well to get Walsh with the limited amount of time we had. We have time on our side to get to right person for the job and also having a good season this year will attract some high quality candidates for the position. With the midfield we have, it will attract some big names for the position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back