Toast Pick #25: Welcome to the kennel Josh Dunkley

Remove this Banner Ad

Considering he was injured a lot of the year i don't think a lot can be made of this pick just yet, gotta trust the blocks that selected Stringer and back them in to know what they are doing.

Big bodied midfielder, yes please.
Just keeps the pressure on others like Koby and Lin Jong to keep performing. Also, with the interchange rotations next year I think we are going to need an extra fresh midfielder or two in the team to keep our game plan going.
As far as everyone bagging his kicking skills, half the people on this forum still think Macrae can't kick but we'll all still have him in the team every day of the week.

Off the charts in terms of character and leadership by all accounts, bodes well for what he adds to the playing group in terms of personality

Why did the swans pass on him? Was it because they knew they'd need to keep the points for academy players? Seems a good get.
By my calculations, matching for Dunkley would have pushed their 2016 first round pick back about 4 places.

That is unless they had points rated picks left in this draft that they didn't use.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks a ripper, not sure why some have a worry about his kicking, looks fine in the highlights real. Obviously its a highlight real but he does not miss one target in the whole thing.

Looks a ripper, not sure why some have a worry about his kicking, looks fine in the highlights real. Obviously its a highlight real but he does not miss one target in the whole thing.

Ha ha don't think they put the shanks in the highlight reel ;). But yeah seems OK and his other attributes are great

His kicking just looks careful. Like Morris. As if he's not all that well equipped to damage opposition. Maybe Wallis too is a reasonable comparison

The knock on his kicking just not justified imo, kids from elite footy family, tell me one father son have below pass kicking, if he didn't have it fixed from the get go in his past 18 years, probably never will, only explanation is he was playing injured.

The knock on his kicking just not justified imo, kids from elite footy family, tell me one father son have below pass kicking, if he didn't have it fixed from the get go in his past 18 years, probably never will, only explanation is he was playing injured.
Reports were he did have a foot injury this year.

This, they would have had a massive points deficiency

That simply isn't right. There would have been no points deficit. Dunkley would have cost 608 points. The picks we later used were worth 453 then we passed on a few picks in the 60s. It was simply about letting him stay in Victoria.

Jobe Watson for the first few years of his career was below average, has improved markedly in recent years.
And is a big bodied inside mid from a football family.
Hmmm....

That simply isn't right. There would have been no points deficit. Dunkley would have cost 608 points. The picks we later used were worth 453 then we passed on a few picks in the 60s. It was simply about letting him stay in Victoria.
Payback for giving you Talia for nothing, which was payback for you guys giving us Biggs the year before?

Nice little system we have going. I think we owe you one for next year.

We'll leave Talia out of it because I think he was treated pretty shabbily but there is certainly something to be said for clubs not taking a belligerent line when it comes to player movements.
Quick, somebody get Dodoro on the phone.

Cool. Wasn't sure if you had any unused picks, your last 2 selections had a value of 453 which would have left you short.
A couple of picks in the 60's would cover that as you said.

Out of interest what picks were you left with? In hindsight would you have been better off not trading down? Or would it have not changed anything?

So many interesting repurcussions with the new bidding system.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back