Player Watch Pick #5 (2018) - Connor Rozee (AFL Captain)

Remove this Banner Ad

Heard from a 1970s North Adelaide player - a few North people from his era reckon that Connor's movement on the field and playing style, remind them a bit of Robran.

im taking Walsh over Rozee anyday of the week, and i think everyother coach in the AFL would right now because midfield accumulators are good but match winners are hens teeth

im taking Walsh over Rozee anyday of the week, and i think everyother coach in the AFL would right now because midfield accumulators are good but match winners are hens teeth

In that case you should select the match winner rather than the accumulator :)

Probably more weird that said 1st-year play has played better and more consistent footy than all their other more experienced mids, arguably even matching the great Cripps!

And Rozee has been clearly our best and most consistent forward. What's your point?

Heard from a 1970s North Adelaide player - a few North people from his era reckon that Connor's movement on the field and playing style, remind them a bit of Robran.

You could cut and paste the first two Barrie Highlights into a Rozee highlight reel from the last couple of matches.

Yeah there certainly look to be similarities. A lankiness of stride, the clean gathering of the ball. Long arms maybe? Not sure Rozee will ever be as versatile in the air as Rozee but who knows what other things he will develop. Plus he has pace..

That handball fake looks like Rozee too

Last edited:
And to think we got him for pick 5. If last year's draft was re-done based on the exposed form of the kids this year, Rozee wouldn't be playing for Port.
This seems like a pretty meaningless measure given Rankine and Max King’s injuries, and that Lukosius is a developing tall.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But then Stack has the highest rating of all nominees (iirc) and he’s barely mentioned.
Not if you check the Rising Star thread on the main board..

Also he's second favourite with the bookies:
Walsh 1.01
Stack 13
Rozee 17

Also hindsight lol at Setterfield being the early favourite. Walsh was great value for a ready to go pick 1 in a s**t side.
View attachment 726896
Makes me wish I’d done a ranking at the start of the year. Some of the guys there have been unlucky with injury but plenty look bog average to me now (Setterfield, Bonar, Fogarty, LDU, Coffield and Scrimshaw).

Makes me wish I’d done a ranking at the start of the year. Some of the guys there have been unlucky with injury but plenty look bog average to me now (Setterfield, Bonar, Fogarty, LDU, Coffield and Scrimshaw).
Settlefield is starting to look ok. Fogarty is only just getting games now due to the Muppetts non development rule. They have lost there s**t on Twitter than he didn't get the rising star nom his week.

Reminds me of when Chad burst on the scene and then we proceeded to ruin him. I hope he isn't caught playing GTA or he might get an expedited exit

Mark Mclure has named Rozee the 4th best small forward in the game
Better than the GOAT Ablett in his first year...

I would have him #2 on that list after Cameron. Walters is playing a lot of midfield so not really a small forward and Ryan has kicked less goals than Rozee and has worse stats.

Palmer was a sensation early on, was probably their best midfielder in his first year or two and well deserving of the rising star. Injuries really curtailed him though which is a great shame as he was a great talent. Still eked out a career, but a shadow of the athletic ability with which he entered the game.

I've loved Walsh's year. He wins for mine, Rozee second different roles but he's definitely had a fe more quieter games. Stack, Clark & Allen probably round out the five.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back