Player Watch Pick #5 (2018) - Connor Rozee (AFL Captain)

Remove this Banner Ad

I know he wears #20 and has brown hair and all but can we stop comparing him to Wingard please. He’s on our list by virtue of the Polec trade and the shitload of picks we sent to Freo.

Probably not given his style of play. High flying, confident, intelligent and sublimely skilled forward who will end up in the midfield.

Point is this isn’t an either/or scenario here. We could’ve had both.

I agree, but there will naturally be comparisons. If they played totally different styles and positions you could avoid it, but here we are.

Pick 35 was used for Mayes and there’s every chance Rozee would’ve been there at 6 instead of 5 anyway. Polec and the picks is 95% of it.
Yeah we probably could have gotten pick 5 anyway without getting Mayes as well but I don’t think he is there at 6. Gold Coast definitely take him if he’s there.

Love how happy this guy is when he kicks goals, looks like he just wants the team to succeed.

Yeah we probably could have gotten pick 5 anyway without getting Mayes as well but I don’t think he is there at 6. Gold Coast definitely take him if he’s there.

He also could’ve lasted until the Crows pick if we didn’t trade ahead of them. Every team has different requirements. If Brisbane kept pick 5 they might’ve been pretty gun shy about using another first rounder on an SA lad after Polec, Aish and Mayes.

Anyway enough what ifs, he’s ours and I’m glad.

The funny thing is that I think he's got a heap to work on. He's a lightweight, his body work in the contest is poor, his defensive stuff is poor. But gee, with ball in hand, he's dynamite. That finishing tonight was out of this world good. Will be a very good player in short time.

Your 2018 draft was ******* ridiculous. Butters, Dursma and Rozee looked like whippets out there but there were killing it. Incredible touch. Genuine footballers.

Bad luck tonight guys. I genuinely feel like we committed larceny there. We were not the better team on the night. Don’t really feel like watching the replay tbh.

You guy kicked straight when it mattered. Our own worst enemy last night. You deserved the win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pick 35 was used for Mayes and there’s every chance Rozee would’ve been there at 6 instead of 5 anyway. Polec and the picks is 95% of it.

I agree we could have had Wingard & Rozee but highly doubtful he would have slid to 6. We would’ve had to find another way to 5 if we were keeping Chad.

Your 2018 draft was ******* ridiculous. Butters, Dursma and Rozee looked like whippets out there but there were killing it. Incredible touch. Genuine footballers.

Bad luck tonight guys. I genuinely feel like we committed larceny there. We were not the better team on the night. Don’t really feel like watching the replay tbh.

Respect for your post and obviously know footy after all those posts. Quid per quo brisbane are building nicely. But yes a good contest in which we were stiff not to have won.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back