Player Watch Pick #51 (2017) - Kane Farrell

Remove this Banner Ad

I live and work where he comes from and a good sauce said Kane loves the club. Has family in Adelaide but hasn't asked for any help from them because we (the club) have been great in supporting him and wants to stay long term. Work ethic is top notch too.

Barring injury this guy should be a 200 game player for us.
You don't work at KR like the other 95% of Castlemaine by any chance?

Really good kicking style, can't wait till he gets some more penetration and confidence with his leg at AFL level. Tended to try and lob the ball a bit too much from what I saw when he was capable of hitting it lower and flatter.

Mark my words, in three years this lad could be our best player. That snap in the showdown where he paused for a second, assessed the situation and calmly slotted it was a small glimpse of something special building. Lock it in

Mark my words, in three years this lad could be our best player. That snap in the showdown where he paused for a second, assessed the situation and calmly slotted it was a small glimpse of something special building. Lock it in
And for his height/size takes a good grab overhead

I think all 4 of our draftees this year are beauties Kane,.Patmore, Garner and Hayes.
Not as excited by Patmore as I am the others (n.b. certainly not writing him off), but yeah, looks a very good crop from a bunch of third and fourth round picks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Takes responsibility for set shots when in range on a good angle and not pass off to someone 10m closer but with a much shittier angle like our experienced players have been doing for years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back