Player Watch Pick #56 (2021) - Dante Visentini

Remove this Banner Ad

I've liked him from the first time I saw him play and match mature age ruckmen in the sanfl. He has ruck craft and aggression in spades. He will start to believe that he belongs and continue to develop.

He's still only 21, so short bursts of games at this stage are perfect for his development.

Don't forget over the past few weeks people were screaming in the match day threads about how he can't take a mark and was getting outrucked by state league players (which he wasn't).
Agreed. He's not ready for more yet.

If he can play a few games this year and up to 50% of games next year then the year after that he'll be ready

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
Last night was Visentini's break out game, he is arguably a more natural footballer than either of Soldo or Sweet, and his efforts against geebung have probably relegated Sweet to 3rd cab off the rank now, but as REH suggested above 3 AFL standard ruckmen isn't too many.

When the camera was directly behind him as the players were going down the race last night I thought he looked much broader across the back and the shoulders than he did this time last year, which is also a good sign given the bash and crash stuff a ruckman often has to endure.

Dante apparently also has a bit of a footy pedigree, I didn't pick up the bloke's name but someone in the after match stuff on fox said his maternal grand father had been a decent player at Richmond.
I knew this crew growing up

His dad was a handy ruckman too, and HUGE

Grandpa Visentini is a monster as well

They are great big alpha males who never get pushed around

This kid will get a lot bigger

Loved his game last night, he's arrived

On SM-A225F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Haven’t watched the full replay yet but saw the last quarter live. Loved the fact that he was aggressive right to the final siren. Looks to be a real competitive beast.

I knew this crew growing up

His dad was a handy ruckman too, and HUGE

Grandpa Visentini is a monster as well

They are great big alpha males who never get pushed around

This kid will get a lot bigger

Loved his game last night, he's arrived

Vigo also looks a solid bugger. (Dante, himself, is no matchstick.)

Looks heavy enough but will need to build his strength to not only prevent himself being manhandled at training but also in VFL games where, if he encounters the right trajectory, this may reap the rewards of an AFLM debut.

Sky's the limit for the brothers.

Vigo also looks a solid bugger. (Dante, himself, is no matchstick.)

Looks heavy enough but will need to build his strength to not only prevent himself being manhandled at training but also in VFL games where, if he encounters the right trajectory, this may reap the rewards of an AFLM debut.

Sky's the limit for the brothers.
Their dad Paul and uncle Robert just kept getting bigger and scarier all the way through their 20s

It's a bit annoying Vigo is coming along nicely at Essendon and we should have picked him up as well. Vigs will be a monster.
They look like exactly the same player lol

Fierce tackling is a family trait, they like to hurt people

He looks to be more mobile than last year - a step or two quicker, and not just because he's adapting to the pace of the game at the highest level.

Geelong's rucks are close to the worst in the comp, so I'm hardly going to say he's firmly arrived and ready to get a game every week - but there's a clear improvement in his game this year compared to last, which is exactly what you want to see in a young developmental prospect.

He looks to be more mobile than last year - a step or two quicker, and not just because he's adapting to the pace of the game at the highest level.

Geelong's rucks are close to the worst in the comp, so I'm hardly going to say he's firmly arrived and ready to get a game every week - but there's a clear improvement in his game this year compared to last, which is exactly what you want to see in a young developmental prospect.

Port play him against the Hawks it’s likely to be Meek he’s up against. Meeks about 110 kilos (allegedly) about the same height and been in the system about 4 years longer for 37 games.

Good test for him. Think Meek goes ok.

Following week Tristan Xerri most people really rate.

There were 3 or 4 posts on the Recent Death thread in the Footy History board in early May, first one alerting us to the passing of Ian Hayden was by Rhett Bartlett, saying he played for Richmond between 1962-64, RedmanWasHere here put up info that he was Dante's and Vigo's grandpa and this post by 35Daicos gave the most info.

It seems likely the AFL aren't aware of that family connection, as it's not mentioned in the Season Guide (family links section):
View attachment 1977509

Attachments

• 1715396888429.png
    1715396888429.png
    12.5 KB · Views: 33

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like Party Pete kicked his ass. I was at the game - lots of slow jogging from smokin sammy

I saw Luke Parker's 90 metre torp to win the game on tv - imagine the luxury of having a superstar like him in your reserves side for three weeks: Swans for premiers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back