Pick 61 - Dom Barry

Remove this Banner Ad

Impey, Johnson, Krakour, SPP and now Barry all involved in drinking indiscretions.

Do we have a problem with our indigenous program promoting club rules?

(Note: I am well aware of how highly rated our indigenous program is and I’m not bagging it, but I am wondering whether all these incidences are merely coincidence)

If you were an Aboriginal player looking for guidance, Port is probably the last place you want to end up. Apart from Ryder, I have seen or heard stories about all of them. Major drinking problems.

Just another area where we have dropped the ball.

If you were an Aboriginal player looking for guidance, Port is probably the last place you want to end up. Apart from Ryder, I have seen or heard stories about all of them. Major drinking problems.

That has to be the biggest Carn of all time.

Here, have a Captain Kirk.

CXS1.gif

He's right you know.
Well that’s ******* concerning to say the least. Now I feel even more pissed off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That has to be the biggest Carn of all time.

Here, have a Captain Kirk.

CXS1.gif
Nah, we're clearly top shelf for helping indigenous communities and individuals in general. And for cultural awareness, but somehow that's had a downside. It's hardly 'grab the white bedsheets' or 'fire Paul V. and treat everyone the same' to suggest that the club may want to dig a bit more into it and see if any of our player support programs / people need some more support or need to tweak how they handle some situations.

Why assume the drink problem is only with the indigenous lads?

Just discussing some of the stuff that's been reported. Not making assumptions about anyone. You're right though, perhaps standards have dropped club wide.

No one said 'only' that I recall, just that there's been more incidents (at least one's that have made it through to being reported) with indigenous lads in recent years then non-indigenous players, despite the numbers being 4-1 non-indigenous / indigenous. It may just be a statistical anomaly, but the club would be remiss to just blindly take it as one without further investigation (in a sensitive manner).

I hope the club starts winning finals. Too much emphasis on everything else. Too many incidents with players at the club over the last few years. Standards have dropped badly.
Impey, Johnson, Krakour, SPP and now Barry all involved in drinking indiscretions.

Do we have a problem with our indigenous program promoting club rules?

(Note: I am well aware of how highly rated our indigenous program is and I’m not bagging it, but I am wondering whether all these incidences are merely coincidence)
Tradition, probably.
Club rules, standards, tradition...
I will just repost this here:
For those (as of myself) who have no idea what they were saying.

View attachment 435450
View attachment 435451

"We're a jolly lot of fellows
And everyone's a star
And if we're not at Football
You'll find us at the bar!"

Ken stopped telling them to pick up the used dunny roll?

lol the 'elite standards' did start with this, didn't it?

Ken probably gets up in the middle of the night and pisses all over the floor near the toilet because his aim is so bad then leaves it to Donna to scrub.

No one said 'only' that I recall, just that there's been more incidents (at least one's that have made it through to being reported) with indigenous lads in recent years then non-indigenous players, despite the numbers being 4-1 non-indigenous / indigenous. It may just be a statistical anomaly, but the club would be remiss to just blindly take it as one without further investigation (in a sensitive manner).

Well put, it’s a possible issue that should at least be looked into. If nothing is there good, move on.

But if there is then the issue should be properly addressed (which would be in the best interests of everyone, especially the players themselves)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back