Opinion Pies fans. Calm the **** down!

Remove this Banner Ad

When this club gives us something to be positive about, maybe we will. But beating a couple of bottom sides leading into finals doesn’t change anything. You think things are negative now, just wait till about 8pm on Friday night...
What a ray of sunshine you are and who do you really support?

Coming within a kick of stealing a flag with nothing other than second choice players in the back line and several top line players at less than 100% physical conditioning is a superb result.

Passion and commitment from both playing group and coaching staff.

Except for . . . examples . . . like you.

PFFFFTTT.

Don’t worry. The Footy Classified self proclaimed doyens of AFL media supposedly think Buckley has selection woes with so many underdone stars to return. Apparently we should leave out all of Stephenson, Sidebottom, Moore and De Goey to be on the safe side.
Lloyd is the worst of the lot, he reckons we are in trouble by bringing back 4 underdone players yet he believes Essendon will beat WC and they are bringing in up to 5 underdone players

When this club gives us something to be positive about, maybe we will. But beating a couple of bottom sides leading into finals doesn’t change anything. You think things are negative now, just wait till about 8pm on Friday night...

This game will be over by quarter time. We will blow the Cats away early and they will have no answer. I think you should go buy a membership at another club.

Just quietly I think Essendon can get the job done vs WCE. Will be their season highlight before they crumble next week, but WCE are vulnerable right now and are not the powerhouse they were last year. Essendon bring the running game they played against us with Fantasia and Stringer running loose in the F50 and they will be really dangerous.

Not that it has ANY bearing on us, just an opinion.

Re: us, anecdotally there's a lot of positivity in what we can bring on Friday night. I'm expecting a 3 goal win now. If we lose I won't be crushed, but I genuinely feel we can roll them.

What a ray of sunshine you are and who do you really support?

Coming within a kick of stealing a flag with nothing other than second choice players in the back line and several top line players at less than 100% physical conditioning is a superb result.

Passion and commitment from both playing group and coaching staff.

Except for . . . examples . . . like you.

PFFFFTTT.
Past your nap time Jon?

Just quietly I think Essendon can get the job done vs WCE. Will be their season highlight before they crumble next week, but WCE are vulnerable right now and are not the powerhouse they were last year. Essendon bring the running game they played against us with Fantasia and Stringer running loose in the F50 and they will be really dangerous.

Not that it has ANY bearing on us, just an opinion.

Re: us, anecdotally there's a lot of positivity in what we can bring on Friday night. I'm expecting a 3 goal win now. If we lose I won't be crushed, but I genuinely feel we can roll them.
Can't see it personally, WC will be seething, Bombers might put up resistance for a qtr or so but then the dam wall will bust, WC by 10 goals IMO.

If we beat the Cats I'm not sure who I want to win the other quali, on one hand if Richmond win we'll likely play the Lions at the G in a prelim, we would start heavy favourites if that happened to be, on the other hand a Lion's win would make Richmond go around the long way but it would make for a harder prelim, but if we managed to win that we would likely cop the Lions in the granny, either way I suspect we're going to have to beat Richmond at some stage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This game will be over by quarter time. We will blow the Cats away early and they will have no answer. I think you should go buy a membership at another club.
to be honest i think that is the difference between the two sides. we may only get a 10 min window. but in that 10 min we can pile on 4-5 goals. if they let their defensive structure lapse. where'as i don't think that they have the same potential scoring power.

If we beat the Cats I'm not sure who I want to win the other quali, on one hand if Richmond win we'll likely play the Lions at the G in a prelim, we would start heavy favourites if that happened to be, on the other hand a Lion's win would make Richmond go around the long way but it would make for a harder prelim, but if we managed to win that we would likely cop the Lions in the granny, either way I suspect we're going to have to beat Richmond at some stage.
I don't fear richmond all that much. from the rnd 19 game we had half our side out. they had everything to play for and yet by mid way through the 2nd qtr we actually outscored them.

I don't fear richmond all that much. from the rnd 19 game we had half our side out. they had everything to play for and yet by mid way through the 2nd qtr we actually outscored them.

I agree with this. we destroyed rich in the prelim, and handled them with a minimum of fuss again in rnd 2. they only got us late in the year when we were injury ravaged. would be extremely confident if we play them in the finals

Remove this Banner Ad

Back