Player X or Player Y (part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

J Brown or M Pavlich?
Pav,he has more upside and better value for money should improve to a 95 point average playing more in the fowardline, so is likely to average similar to Brown for less. Plus, I'm still not certin how Fevola will affect his scoring.

I'm in a bit of a dilemma.

Mitchell + Hille v Any midfielder under $410,000 + Tippett

Note - my other ruckman is Ottens, so it could be a bit of a risk having Hille and Ottens as my ruckmen.

2nd one with hall...

now, mine :

goddard + pav/j.brown
OR
duffield/enright + riewoldt

???

I'd go with Enright + Riewoldt. Both are DT musts IMO.

In regards to Barlow he will score better (could avg 90), I guess it's a question you have to ask yourself will he be in the side when Palmer comes back (around round 4 or 5 he will be back apparently). At the moment I've risked it and gone Barlow in the hope Palmer may take a little while to break back in the midfield after a year out which I think is a good chance of happening.
Barlow will play 22 games this year barring any injury. Has been so impressive in all pre season games and has almost become our number 1 midfielder so should be an absolute lock in for every single dream team.

J. Brown + K. Cornes + J. Grimes vs M. Boyd, B. Goddard + B.Hall/J. Westhoff (choose the preferable of Hall/Westie as well)
that's a tough one
I'd take the 2nd one and have Hall, because i think Hall is well underpriced and Grimes has injury worries.

Gilbee+Mackie+Gia/Harvey vs Gilbert/Grimes+Macdonald+ROK?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You missed the point.
You can still grab your 12-14 keepers because value picks are not only rookies and mid-pricers, you can also have keepers who you think are under priced.
I only have 2 (maybe 3) keepers in my side who I think will drop in price, the rest all represent value.
Its not about having keepers who you think wont drop in price so that you can get the rest of your side to represent value.
I have at least 6-7 keepers who i think will drop in price at some stage of the year because they are at the high end of the price bracket but i dont care if they drop because their scores will more than likley better any other cheaper premium or value type player you can get.
If you pick the right rookies and enough of them all your trading value is there for you to use throughout the season without having to spend extra on midpricers who will cost you 3 times as much for only a few points more

Gilbee+Mackie+Gia/Harvey vs Gilbert/Grimes+Macdonald+ROK?
To be honest I've only considered Gia, Grimes and ROK out of those listed, so I would choose neither - but option 1 seems more safe. Gilbert seems very risky and Gia seems to be in great form (although you have to take preseason games with a grain of salt)

Nic Nat or similarly priced forward rookie... (could be many around ~200-240 from north/adelaide/freo/carlton even)

Ok everyone what about this one:

L Ball, M Kruzer and S Johnson $20,000 in bank or

D Armitage, M Clarke and C Sylvia $300

ball > armitage
sj > sylvia
kruzer < clark

Option 1 because sylvia is injured.

15 keepers + rockcliff starting vs 14 keepers + hall starting
- the change is clark down to hille in the ruck

Boyd & Selwood.
Though Mitchell looks good too. Pendles will get tagged, and thats not enough to put you off jump on him. Dallas will always score 'well', but he can go missing unless he finds consistency which he might as he's learnt to deal with taggers.
Boyd is durable, as is Selwood. They both (Selwood especially) have huuuge upside. Expect Selwood to have a great year.

Goddard and Masten for me. Both will more score than other guys.

Pick 2 midfielders.

Boyd, Selwood, Dal Santo, Mitchell or Pendlebury.

Gotta go with Boyd and Mitchell to be honest.

Shuey over Bastinac

Goddard + Masten just over Montagna + Kennelly
Goddard will average about 90-100 and Masten probably 80-90. Montagna I think will get another 110+ average and Kennelly probably about 70.

Goddard and Montagna should probably both drop in price but I got Goddard in my team as I found room :)

Take both, both cheap and virtually a lock in their teams respective 22's, however if I had to pick one it would be Shuey. I might be a bit biased but he is a freak and can rack up points just about at will already. Take a look at the West Coast board if you are unsure!

Carrazzo or Heath Shaw?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back