Play Nice Politics # 4 - The madness continues here.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
MOD NOTICE

Abusing and/or trolling other posters in this thread will not be tolerated from this point on.

Debate away and continue to have strong opinions, but abusing posters ie calling them idiots/stupid etc or trolling posters by laugh liking their posts will not be tolerated going forward.

Last edited:
So Australias grand prix cancelled and almost all the tennis players have said they will not quarantine if they have been double jabbed (nor should they). If Australia loses the Australian Open next year, thats got to start ringing alarm bells surely?

So Australias grand prix cancelled and almost all the tennis players have said they will not quarantine if they have been double jabbed (nor should they). If Australia loses the Australian Open next year, thats got to start ringing alarm bells surely?
It is sad, but probably true that losing sporting events will be what it takes to wake up some of the the Victorian voters to the damage that Stairman Dan and crew have done

If Australia loses the Australian Open next year, thats got to start ringing alarm bells surely?
Tennis getting cancelled and all the chuds seething about it.

tenor.gif

I wouldn't say the EU are "put out". This is just part of the reality of leaving the union. The EU hasn't changed any rules. The UK is now considered a "third country". Ironically the UK voted for these rules when they were part of the EU. When you leave a club, you don't get to retain the perks of membership etc. They were all for that, Nigel Farage himself was the UK fishing representative in the EU when they passed that legislation.

Scotland voted 62% to remain but something like 90% of UK fisherman voted to leave. They got sucked into the sloganeering and didn't read the fine print. It was all about getting their waters back and making bank off larger quotas. Nobody stopped to think there might be consequences for doing so, like the EU treating the UK as a competitor and slapping tarrifs on their exports, or the red tape of being a third country.
You do realise that the UK nearly sent in warships due to a standoff with france over fishing zones. The UK have regained vast areas of fishing waters and the EU are very angry that they have lost much if their quotas

It is sad, but probably true that losing sporting events will be what it takes to wake up some of the the Victorian voters to the damage that Stairman Dan and crew have done
Whilst Dan stuffed up big time, the loss of the Grand Prix is down to the fact not all vulnerable people have been vaccinated. That is more on the Commonwealth & covax supply.

So another week of lockdowns in Sydney which could have been avoided if they started the initial lockdown earlier when many suggested. It's a balancing act for sure, but once again we have seen like the Victorian scenario that part lockdowns don't work when covid has escaped into the community.

The sooner those who need/want to be vaccinated are complete, the sooner we can avoid these lockdowns.

Whilst Dan stuffed up big time, the loss of the Grand Prix is down to the fact not all vulnerable people have been vaccinated. That is more on the Commonwealth & covax supply.
I'm not a motor racing fan so don't see it as a big loss, but I don't understand how we can allow international sportspeople to come and go (including the Australian Olympic team btw) when ordinary Australians can't get home (exception for those who left after COVID, they knowingly take their chances).

Too many Australians are not taking this seriously. Not getting vaccinated when they could, not isolating when they should, not observing lock downs properly. If "losing" sport is what it takes to wake them up, that's OK.

Don’t worry the Goverment will come up with some snazzy double standard to save the day. And everyone will bend over and take it dry as usual.

You do realise that the UK nearly sent in warships due to a standoff with france over fishing zones. The UK have regained vast areas of fishing waters and the EU are very angry that they have lost much if their quotas

Jersey is kind of a unique case. It's not technically a part of the EU but also acts fairly independently of Westminster. They do fall under the current UK-EU fishing agreement though. Both sides look pretty shit in this one. The UK gave them 1 day to procure licenses (lol), the French protested saying this wasn't an adequate amount of time, blockaded ports and threatened to cut off power to the island (lol).

Jersey aside, the UK-EU fishing agreement is that the UK will gradually take 25% of current the EU fishing quota phasing in over the next 5 years. After this, the two sides will meet annually to decide the years quota. Now technically after 2026, the UK could revoke the access of all EU fishing boats in their waters but if they do so, the EU likely smash them with tariffs. This is why there are videos and articles all over the internet about pissed off UK fisherman who feel they've been shafted by Boris as EU boats will either continue to remain in their waters long term, or they'll be lumped with competitive disadvantage on exports into their largest export market and have to scramble to find new buyers.

This video explains it pretty well. Skip to 4:50 for the most relevant info.

Care to explain how this tweet relates to your original point where you claimed that posters on Bigfooty have flip flopped on their opinions of lock downs?

Just because people on here supported lock downs pre-vaccine doesn't mean that their position is then to support them post vaccine.

So you’re saying that if a new variant/s emerges which the vaccine doesn’t protect against, you won’t be advocating for lockdowns at that point? Why not?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting time to be in Jakarta 😜
I’ve had two flights changed arbitrarily while I sit here waiting for my quarantine period to finish. I was told I can leave quarantine at midday so booked a flight to Borneo at 2:15 pm which was changed to 7am 🤷🏻‍♂️ Then the airline closed for a month. Then I was told I could leave at 7am so booked another flight for 12:50 pm which I noticed yesterday was canceled and I was shifted to an 8:25am flight. Currently seeing if I’ll be cleared to leave at 6:30 am. Keen to get the **** out of Jakarta without taking anything unwanted with me. On a lighter side I got room service to get me a litre of milk. $18.00 😳 a can of Bintang $10. At their mercy.
About 1 day 6 hours and my 16 month wait to see my fiancé is over. Then I promise I’ll shut up about it. 🤣

Hello sQomo/Scotty from Marketing/SmoCo,

Where the fu** are you?

Another day and another day you haven’t the balls to front the media.

Didn’t have a problem showing us pictures of your dog and your curries.

COWARD!
I bet his curry recipe is a Pataks Korma straight out of a jar to. Just like me, although I’d go a spicy Tikka Marsala personally.
I signed a petition recently that asks that Miss Piggy doesn’t go to Tokyo to the olympics because of her manipulative Pfizer debarcle and then halving HQ intakes. Theoretically she’d need to self quarantine 14 days into Japan. Then another 14 days when returning to Australia in a hotel obviously her whole entourage will gobble up 20+ rooms of precious hotel space. I signed at about 5K signatures target was 25K targets been raised to 150K sitting at 77K now. Zoom it in you fat cow.

So you’re saying that if a new variant/s emerges which the vaccine doesn’t protect against, you won’t be advocating for lockdowns at that point? Why not?

Once again your response doesn't even relate back to my original post, but I guess two can play the strawman game

So you're saying that if a new variant/s magically emerge that was fatal to anyone who catches it that you won't be advocating for lockdowns at that point? Why not?

Last edited:
Once again your response doesn't even relate back to my original post, but I guess two can play the strawman game

Of course it relates, it’s directly related. You’re claiming you only support lockdowns “pre-vaccine,” and that they’re just a temporary measure - but that logic necessarily means you’d have to support them if any number of new strains emerged in future that weren’t covered by the existing vaccine.

So you're saying that if a new variant/s magically emerge that was fatal to anyone who catches it that you won't be advocating for lockdowns at that point? Why not?

I don’t support them now, I’ve never supported them at any stage, so why would I support them then?

Unlike you and the rest of the people who support this stupidity I’m not backed into a ridiculous corner.

I bet his curry recipe is a Pataks Korma straight out of a jar to. Just like me, although I’d go a spicy Tikka Marsala personally.
I signed a petition recently that asks that Miss Piggy doesn’t go to Tokyo to the olympics because of her manipulative Pfizer debarcle and then halving HQ intakes. Theoretically she’d need to self quarantine 14 days into Japan. Then another 14 days when returning to Australia in a hotel obviously her whole entourage will gobble up 20+ rooms of precious hotel space. I signed at about 5K signatures target was 25K targets been raised to 150K sitting at 77K now. Zoom it in you fat cow.

And are you of the same opinion for the Federal Sports Minister going to Tokyo as well or is this just because she is an ALP politican. And Ms Andrews criticising yet one of her own ministerial colleagues is travelling, a ****ing hypocrite but hey we know that it is about spreading bullshit by a complicit media. Perhaps Ms Andrews should change her tam***n.

Trust me going to execute documents for the 2032 Olympics once the IOC has confirmed probably is more important than going to be a spectator at the G7 and not even getting a one on one with the US President (like the rest of the contingent).

Where the **** are you Scotty?

Last edited:
Of course it relates, it’s directly related. You’re claiming you only support lockdowns “pre-vaccine,” and that they’re just a temporary measure - but that logic necessarily means you’d have to support them if any number of new strains emerged in future that weren’t covered by the existing vaccine.

I don’t support them now, I’ve never supported them at any stage, so why would I support them then?

Unlike you and the rest of the people who support this stupidity I’m not backed into a ridiculous corner.

Good to see the Gold Standard is being maintained in NSW. The lockdown will in all likelihood be extended beyond next week. Do a true lockdown for a short period, nail it then get on with it. Economically it is better to do short lockdowns than not.

Is it any wonder Scotty is hiding under the doona. The numbers are being counted as we speak. Come on down Dutton!

Defiection as usual.

Where the fu** are you Scotty? What doing a curry? Walking the dog? Build a cubby house? Or are you number counting?

One thing we do know, you have never been a leader but hey 51.8% were just gullible in 2019.
I reckon you need a new hobby 😆

And are you of the same opinion for the Federal Sports Minister going to Tokyo as well or is this just because she is an ALP politican. And Ms Andrews criticising yet one of her own ministerial colleagues is travelling, a ******* hypocrite but hey we know that it is about spreading bullshit by a complicit media. Perhaps Ms Andrews should change her tam***n.

Trust me going to execute documents for the 2032 Olympics once the IOC has confirmed probably is more important than going to be a spectator at the G7 and not even getting a one on one with the US President (like the rest of the contingent).

Where the fu** are you Scotty?
ScoMo Press Conference slated for 1:30 AEST...

Japan still averaging over 1600 new covid cases per day, so it's going to be problematic even with reduced spectators... who won't be able to cheer. Will be a strange Olympics.

Good to see the Gold Standard is being maintained in NSW. The lockdown will in all likelihood be extended beyond next week. Do a true lockdown for a short period, nail it then get on with it. Economically it is better to do short lockdowns than not.

Is it any wonder Scotty is hiding under the doona. The numbers are being counted as we speak. Come on down Dutton!
By not going lockdown early when there is significant community infection will end up creating a longer lockdown.

I can understand the not wanting to lockdown after a few cases, but this was more than that & once again another State has shown a partial lockdown doesn't work when there is community infection outside of the lockdown area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back