Game Day Port Adelaide vs Port Adelaide @ Alberton Oval, Friday 17 February 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

As Matthew Lobbe's official 2017 buddy, I am seizing this post, editing it, and re-posting it without credit.

Let me just say, I am disgusted by the comments about Matthew Lobbe. It stinks of hypocrisy.

While I have never personally criticised Lobbe - at times throughout 2015, supporting him over the less skilled, less versatile, but more popular Ryder - I believe the forthcoming season will be his best. He will be ascend to become one of the competition's top ruckman, second only to Max Gawn. He had better watch out, though.

Why hypocrisy, though? Because Lobbe was rated the best, most consistent, and most skilled player at our club, by those lucky enough to witness his heroics last Friday eve. He played one of the greatest, if not the greatest game by any Port Adelaide Football Club player in history. We all know he has battled manfully through injuries over the past two seasons, kept out of the side late last year only because of needless mothering from our coaches.

Family day games are renowned for terrible skills and rusty gameplay, yet Lobbe had the composure of a grand finallist. Why are people being so critical? Can you not recognise brilliance when you see it?

He has been our rock over the past two years, despite his forced sitting out. As far as I am concerned, he has another year of mastery ahead of him. It is game on for every player on our list (except Lobbe, who is already at the top of his game). Anyone selected ahead of him has been gifted a gold pass, and our team will be severely worse off for it.

XR579AX.jpg
Yep I agree totally and it's a mystery why others can't see it like we do. Now can you loosen the rack and unwind the thumbscrews.
Pppppleeeeeeease

Remove this Banner Ad

Back