Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 12

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In honour of that time Glen Housman touched the old Aquatic Centre wall in the 1500m in world record time, but the touch pads failed to register denying him the WR, I’d like this proposal to make it all the way to the council vote only to be knocked back at the final hurdle.

They’ll always be a s**t club from West Lakes.

In honour of that time Glen Housman touched the old Aquatic Centre wall in the 1500m in world record time, but the touch pads failed to register denying him the WR, I’d like this proposal to make it all the way to the council vote only to be knocked back at the final hurdle.

They’ll always be a **** team from West Lakes.

fixed ... they have no right to be known as a 'club'

tbh i don’t care about the Crows moving to the aquatic centre. its a nothing place near nothing, inconvenient to get to/from when its surrounded by peak hour, **** all parking, and probably too far from Adelaide Oval to really benefit from game day expenditure. win win win win win

My kids swim there so on one hand I'm stoked that the facilities will be upgraded but then feel dirty that I'll be spending regular time there, breathing 'Crow' air. I'd prefer the chlorine gas to be blunt.

tbh i don’t care about the Crows moving to the aquatic centre. its a nothing place near nothing, inconvenient to get to/from when its surrounded by peak hour, **** all parking, and probably too far from Adelaide Oval to really benefit from game day expenditure. win win win win win
Yup, I used to live in Ovingham, may as well have lived in West Lakes for the 'connection' to the city.

Way too far for the type of Crows fans who would want to go to the shed, to walk and the parking is and always will be a nightmare, particularly as North Adelaide has the restricted zone on matchday. If they start parking in the narrow streets of Ovingham, there will be uproar.

60 million is a bloody lot to spend on an office block, change rooms, gym and a training oval. As much as I despise the AFC they are not that stupid. If they, or their Government and corporate backers, are going to spend that sort of money they will want to recoup it somehow. 60 million is a lot of t-shirts and caps.
They will make money by convincing 65+ year old Crows fans to swim and exercise at their facility.

It will be the Next Gen for the aged.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

My kids swim there so on one hand I'm stoked that the facilities will be upgraded but then feel dirty that I'll be spending regular time there, breathing 'Crow' air. I'd prefer the chlorine gas to be blunt.
Don't feel dirty ... Just wear your Port Gear and stick it up them .. ;)

Personally, i cant see how they actually ejected him. Hasn't done anything wrong. Isn't fighting, threatening, vulgar swearing (which still you should get a warning) its not racist.

I would have refused to get up and wouldn't of thought security have any right to touch you to make you leave as you aren't doing any of the above.
There are now conflicting reports and he has been reported before and apparently his social media posts are vile.

60 million is a bloody lot to spend on an office block, change rooms, gym and a training oval. As much as I despise the AFC they are not that stupid. If they, or their Government and corporate backers, are going to spend that sort of money they will want to recoup it somehow. 60 million is a lot of t-shirts and caps.
They can always charge entry to the museum, that'll fill the coffers.

at the end of each session make sure they wee in the pool before getting out

They will make money by convincing 65+ year old Crows fans to swim and exercise at their facility.

It will be the Next Gen for the aged.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

FTgTieB.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

they could just have daily viewings of the 97 and 98 Grand Finals, charge "just $10 for both viewings!" and it would be full of old codgers daily, Adelaide Oval food prices, bang solid revenue right there. s**t hope none of those *s are reading

edit: i found the pic of the North Adelaide Roosters Premiership celebrations that i was accurately picturing for this scenario

K8L2fYi.jpg

most people in this photo would attend most weekdays and every weekend

Last edited:
The Crows Aquatic Centre setup will be very much along the same lines as Collingwood's Lexus Centre. They'll have their training, admin and Crows shop there and that will be it. There won't be a bar or pokies facilities etc. There just won't be. The council will be dead against it and as others have said, it really isn't convenient for anybody to go to after the game.

Did Richmond change their fitness management in the off season or some s**t? Why are we just now seeing all of their major players go down with injury?

Richmond are now without Ivan Soldo.

****, the crows are pissed on by fairy’s... gonna be ugly, plus we’ll have to cop the BS about how they’re are “back”
We are already copping the bs that they are top 4. What a % booster.
Ah well..such is life. They could still gift us a home final if we make the eight 😉

To be fair, Richmond had the same injury crisis against us, and still beat us.

I’m still filthy about it.
Richmond have gotten smashed by any team with a good enough key forward due to the absence of Rance.
And unfortunately, we didn't have a key forward to make use of, which is why Grimes took al those intercept marks against us.
Where the * did Westhoff's five-goal game in round 1 go?

Richmond have gotten smashed by any team with a good enough key forward due to the absence of Rance.
And unfortunately, we didn't have a key forward to make use of, which is why Grimes took al those intercept marks against us.
Where the **** did Westhoff's five-goal game in round 1 go?
Take it up with your mate Ken. Todd was available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back