Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 14

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

When the Football Park precinct was one of the best in Australia, it was a vibrant, exciting place to be.

Yeah it was great going to the Hungry Jacks before and after games as it was literally the only thing open for miles.

Shhhh that's enough. They might wisen up and do something about it.

Like what? Go to court and demand custody of Port's history? Without the nasty treachery bits of course. :p

Papa G

Hall of Famer
Suspended
Apr 13, 2006
The Bitter End
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Wrinkles had this to say today...

"...the move from West Lakes to Adelaide Oval has isolated the Crows.

When the Football Park precinct was one of the best in Australia, it was a vibrant, exciting place to be.

When those clubrooms, gym facilities and administration offices were the best in Australia it was a great place to come to work.

But the Adelaide Football Club and the SANFL were blinded-sided by the move to Adelaide Oval.

It’s never been the same."

It's all Port's and Kevin Foley's fault

Wrinkles gas become a complete parody of himself. Him and KG actually need to be Put down.

JimmyBC

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 24, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
What exactly does Graham miss about the 'glory days' of the Football Park precinct? I mean it's not like he was flipping gourmet rissoles on the barbie 'n sipping chardonnay in the car park before Crow games.

Brodie Smith was on the news yesterday and was asked about McLeod's comments. He said he was saddened because he was such a huge fan of Andy but it is hard because the crows don't have a history like Port Adelaide.

I understand why they would feel that way. Football Park was the perfect insular, archaic bubble for an organisation like the Crows to exist within. This is our little part of our little town and nobody else is welcome here, even the other team that plays its home games here. Adelaide Oval is so much more open and progressive by comparison, everything they aren't as a football club.

Smithy7

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Mar 1, 2014
South of Scotland
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
What exactly does Graham miss about the 'glory days' of the Football Park precinct? I mean it's not like he was flipping gourmet rissoles on the barbie 'n sipping chardonnay in the car park before Crow games.
That's what I miss. Sausage sizzle, bread & sauce, and a chat, before going into Port games.

When those clubrooms, gym facilities and administration offices were the best in Australia it was a great place to come to work.

But the Adelaide Football Club and the SANFL were blinded-sided by the move to Adelaide Oval.

Vibrant and exciting LOL

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jun 6, 2000
West Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Woomera Centrals, Jazza

AAMI's looking a bit forlorn these days...

1591361735859.png

Duckimus Prime

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I understand why they would feel that way. Football Park was the perfect insular, archaic bubble for an organisation like the Crows to exist within. This is our little part of our little town and nobody else is welcome here, even the other team that plays its home games here. Adelaide Oval is so much more open and progressive by comparison, everything they aren't as a football club.
They want to get away from West Lakes now, because people are getting to build houses around there. And the Crows can't stand to have those people around them. There's no way that their Aquatic Centre plan is going to be good for the public at all.

Brodie Smith was on the news yesterday and was asked about McLeod's comments. He said he was saddened because he was such a huge fan of Andy but it is hard because the crows don't have a history like Port Adelaide.

Poor Brodie. We'll take you back mate. How long until he's a free agent?

Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
They want to get away from West Lakes now, because people are getting to build houses around there. And the Crows can't stand to have those people around them. There's no way that their Aquatic Centre plan is going to be good for the public at all.
They are like nomads, wandering aimlessly, trying desperately to find a home.

They had the ******* benefit for years of their dirty fingerprint all over West lakes and now, rather than accepting that AO is for both teams, they want to have their home base in the city as close to AO as possible.

So now they are talking of taking over the WCH site?

Geez I bloody despise them.

Meanwhile at Alberton, the home of Port....life goes on as normal.

Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Oh and the new development actually has a section of buildings called the Nineteenth Man...ugh..I feel like puking every time I drive past it.lol..so they are leaving the Nineteenth Man behind...in spirit and physically.

Aug 30, 2004
Kaurna Land
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Vikings, Canadiens, Sharks

lol, if Andrew McLeod doesn't feel welcome at the Camry Crows' Westpac Centre of Excellence it is Port Power's fault.

At least Ambassador Wrinkles makes no secret that he is writing that article as an official Camry Crows' Ambassador. Puts the entire article into context for anyone who has been living under a rock since 1990.

1591405897617.png

jac147

Club Legend
Jun 10, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
That's what I miss. Sausage sizzle, bread & sauce, and a chat, before going into Port games.
I only ever saw them once at the Adelaide Oval, but a family set up a barbecue on that little piece of grass outside the Memorial Drive tennis courts. Perhaps they were moved on?

jac147

Club Legend
Jun 10, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Thebarton Oval is the way to go in my humble opinion!

Dec 20, 2015
South Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Magpies!
I only ever saw them once at the Adelaide Oval, but a family set up a barbecue on that little piece of grass outside the Memorial Drive tennis courts. Perhaps they were moved on?
The grass has since moved on! The Port cheer squad have had regular pre-game barbecues on Pinky Flat in recent years. There's a potential business opportunity (with council approval): hire out portable barbecues/chairs/tables on Pinky Flat before the games.

Garibaldi Red

Cancelled
Bring Back the Bars
Jul 22, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Nottingham Forest

I still do it. BBQ in the northern car park, beers and a chat. Occasionally have a meal and beers in one of the pubs, just as enjoyable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back