Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 14

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
These clubs don't get that being continuously in primetime slots is a handout. Some say that you have to earn it, but clearly Carlton for example makes that statement false.
Why in a fair and equitable competition would you need to earn equality?

This whole notion in the AFL that some clubs are entitled to preferential treatment is ludicrous. I've posted before that there'd be plenty of execs at AFL HQ with KPIs around maximising revenue and profit but I wager there'd be no one with a KPI along the lines of ensuring a fair and equitable competition.

Why in a fair and equitable competition would you need to earn equality?

This whole notion in the AFL that some clubs are entitled to preferential treatment is ludicrous. I've posted before that there'd be plenty of execs at AFL HQ with KPIs around maximising revenue and profit but I wager there'd be no one with a KPI along the lines of ensuring a fair and equitable competition.
Is the AFL for profit or non profit organisation?

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

So the club's that actually get the home ground advantage from the AFL deal until 2057, are also the ones receiving money's due to the good will of the deal?

Whats that? These are also the club's that whinge that other club's get too much handouts whilst also having a monopoly on national FTA coverage?

fu** I wish the AFL was ran like the NBA or the premier league sometimes
If Gil ran the EPL Man Utd, Liverpool, and Chelsea would play each other 5 times in the regular season and would enter the FA Cup in the quarterfinals.

If Gil ran the EPL Man Utd, Liverpool, and Chelsea would play each other 5 times in the regular season and would enter the FA Cup in the quarterfinals.
Also sorry Cardiff, you must wear some random coloured training kit at home because it clashes with the away side (Chelsea).

Also sorry Cardiff, you must wear some random coloured training kit at home because it clashes with the away side (Chelsea).
We should let the referees pick the Player of the Season right after we triple the number of London clubs. Plus Spurs get to play every Friday night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not for profit just means that the profits don’t get dispersed to shareholders or directors. It doesn’t mean it’s a charity or that it runs at a loss.

Not for profit just means that the profits don’t get dispersed to shareholders or directors. It doesn’t mean it’s a charity or that it runs at a loss.
:thumbsu:

A large portion of the AFL's profits are distributed to the clubs, $314.7M in 2019. All the distributions below come from profit not from borrowings;

1591223884057.png

Pauly V or Russell E need to get on the phone to Bunji ASAP.

Get him in to the club, get around him, make him feel welcome.
Bring him back to the fold but don't publicise it.
Word will spread anyway.

Wow, they’ve smashed McLeod haven’t they. No wrapping their arms around him and finding out what they could do. He’s been ‘othered’ and ousted from the boys club. He’ll need to come crawling back or feel the brunt of the ambassadors!

They're literally proving his point without even realising it.

The crows could have put it back on Mcleod by saying he is always welcome and they'll be giving him a call to see what they can do to. Instead it's straight on the Judas train with no dialogue or introspection.

This will cost them more players lmao.

Wow, they’ve smashed McLeod haven’t they. No wrapping their arms around him and finding out what they could do. He’s been ‘othered’ and ousted from the boys club. He’ll need to come crawling back or feel the brunt of the ambassadors!
Tbf it's hard to find your way back to the club when you're blindfolded and have the Richmond theme song blaring in your ears.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back