Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 15

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Put him on Dixon, MG, marshall. LOL

They'd run him into the ground in the 1st quarter
They play Geelong soon - just imagine Tex on Hawkins. The end result would be uglier than Tex himself.

Ban afterpay, credit cards, car loans then
Those aren't punts. You get something back. There's no risk of taking out loan and getting no financial or material item in return.

Betting literally only exists for some people to make money off others by giving them nothing but temptation back nine times out of ten.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Harsh. McAsey is a young tall being given roles he's nowhere near ready for because the poor bloke happened to be drafted to a rabble. At a good side he'd be developing nicely in the state league right now.

Remember how bad Ladhams was in his first year? You'd think the guy had never seen a football. Look at him now.
Ladhams a rookie pick though right? This guy was pick 6 or something.

Harsh. McAsey is a young tall being given roles he's nowhere near ready for because the poor bloke happened to be drafted to a rabble. At a good side he'd be developing nicely in the state league right now.

Remember how bad Ladhams was in his first year? You'd think the guy had never seen a football. Look at him now.
Yeah but Ladhams had AFL level mobility and was a ruckmen.

I'm just not sure Mcasey is mobile enough for AFL and that's a big risk for such a high pick.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

McAsey might end up being a decent player but he's another first round pick they've used on a key defender when I would argue there's plenty of examples of clubs finding their best key back backmen with later picks or even rookie spots (see our captain for starters).

The club is crying out for a star mids they can build a side around, this lad is not going to shift the needle one iota.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have a fantastic opportunity over the next 5 or so years to stamp ourselves as the superior club in SA. Repeatedly smash them in Showdowns and reestablish our dominance in the head to head, win a premiership or multiple premierships to eliminate that tenuous sense of superiority they have over us, bring big crowds back to Adelaide Oval that go close to matching their crowds on a weekly basis.

Now, we've seemingly had this opportunity before us a couple of times and squandered it - time to really put the foot on the throat and create a dominance that will last generations.

Mcasey is reminding me alot of Alex Keath tbh, but that's not necessarily bad considering he is only a few games deep. If he gets some more strength and works on his positioning he will be good. Glimpses only at the moment.

"Nicks rejected the notion Adelaide was "bottoming out", in reference to the significant veteran cleanout in the off-season, from delistings to trades and more. "

Uhhhh, Matthew. What do you call 0-11?

Not bottoming out?

"avoiding becoming a middling side and ultimately giving themselves the best chance at winning a premiership was part of the Crows' thinking, he said. "

Again, Matthew. You are a long, long way off even being a "middling side".

Buckley said:

"We could have played a better 22 tonight, and I dare say that every side in the competition is going through this in some shape or form, but we've still got our eyes on the prize.

"It's not just about getting the win now.

"It's about what is your team going to look like in three, four or five weeks, and how are you going to find the best of what you have in your squad to be able to present as well as you possibly can, beyond round 18."
-----------------

I actually like this and strongly feel this should be the future of the game. More rotation. Opens the door to shorter breaks between games and more footy being played as well as more upsets and chances to win games for the lower sides.

Buckley said:

"We could have played a better 22 tonight, and I dare say that every side in the competition is going through this in some shape or form, but we've still got our eyes on the prize.

"It's about what is your team going to look like in three, four or five weeks, and how are you going to find the best of what you have in your squad to be able to present as well as you possibly can, beyond round 18."
-----------------

I actually like this and strongly feel this should be the future of the game. More rotation. Opens the door to shorter breaks between games and more footy being played as well as more upsets and chances to win games for the lower sides.
Perhaps that can be our excuse if Geelong beat us

Buckley said:

-----------------

Agree. Also more opps for fringe players to get a run and have breakout games. So many guys get cut having played none or very little top level footy. That's a shame.

Those aren't punts. You get something back. There's no risk of taking out loan and getting no financial or material item in return.

Betting literally only exists for some people to make money of others by giving them nothing but temptation back nine times out of ten.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Depends what you consider material, are those dresses you maxed out three credit cards of value now? Now you're 40k in debt and nothing to show but some nice clothes and some really good night's out?

How's that car loan treating you now the cars worth half what you paid and you can't repay it ending with you with no car and 30k to pay.

Let's ban everything anyone could make stupid financial decisions with

This has been photoshopped, right? They aren't getting close to finals in the next 3-4 years, so they aren't winning a premiership for 6 years at least.

Sloane 30
Lynch 29
Smith is 28
Talia 28
Seedsman 28
Brown 27
Atkins 26

I don't think they realise just how f’ed their list actually is.
It’s from last year, if I’m not mistaken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back