Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 19

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
it didn’t occur to me until I moved to Sydney that the Timezone difference means games start in Adelaide at a much more reasonable time than on the east coast imo.

Public transport is pretty quick and theres lines everywhere in nsw from what I’ve witnessed so far. The tram pulls up pretty close to the scg. Most people in Sa have to travel a lot further to get to their nearest train / tram I reckon where it’s probably something they have to drive to where everywhere I’ve seen in Sydney has a stop a pretty short stroll away.

The tram is new, only opened last year down ANZAC Parade, It wont clear 10,000 people who might want to catch it to central station in 5 minutes after the siren, and not everyone lives near a train stop. My mate says whether he drives and parks somewhere in Surrey Hills or catches public transport, one of those red express type buses from the north shore, it is going to take 20-30 minutes to leave the SCG precinct and at least another 30 minutes to get home after that. The 7.50pm timeslot is ok for Melbourne's more efficient and extensive public transport network.

The time slot is great if you don't have kids, or don't bring them to the footy, but not so great for the kids, especially if they have 8am sports the next day.

If the AFL's goal is crowd maximisation, 7.20pm is a better time slot for parents with kids, but Ch 7 Melbourne executives don't like it.

The Bulldogs premiership has all the credibility of a WWE championship win. Chuck an extra 15 or so free kicks our way in the prelim last year and we would've won one too.
No need for an extra 15 free kicks. Take out the deliberate out of bounds paid incorrectly against Hartlett that resulted in a Lambert goal and we probably would have one one too.

Interesting that 'Choco to Collingwood' is gaining some traction. Article from Herald Sun with Malthouse saying he should get the gig.

Personally, would love to see it. Would be good for the game. Press conferences would be interesting that's for sure haha

Meanwhile back at the ranch... 2 and a half more years of Hinkley... at least 😳

Scott putting the health and welfare of a port supporter at risk by getting too close to him such that he almost tripped is unacceptable. Imagine being forced to quarantine because of the irresponsible actions of a person from infested Victoria. And congratulating our behaviours for being out of the normal is offensive.
“It was the first time walking off the ground of a game in Adelaide where the supporters have actually been quite complimentary and sportsmanlike in the way they interacted with us. “It’s rare and when it happens, they should be complimented. “I appreciated it.”

Talk about a back-handed compliment. Typical snide Scott comment.

Were we one of the lower teams they bashed?
No.

Lets not forget, butters, duursma and lycett all key players missing

Bulldogs are overrated. We are better than thst result. Dont care what anyone says. Bulldogs arent going to consistently beat the top 6. The rest from 9-18 is mediocre. They lost to Melb and Richmond. Yet to play Geelong.

“It was the first time walking off the ground of a game in Adelaide where the supporters have actually been quite complimentary and sportsmanlike in the way they interacted with us. “It’s rare and when it happens, they should be complimented. “I appreciated it.”

Talk about a back-handed compliment. Typical snide Scott comment.
I reckon its more a go at how awful tingles crowds are.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Having a look at Gold Coasts first qtr V Freo.There a much improved side under Stewie Dew.And have the inclusion of Rowell .Port can and should beat them up North,next week.

Freos been chasing a big power forward since Pavlich retired...Tracy doesn't have Pavs leg speed.But he looks pretty good for a teenager playing against men.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back