Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
GWS have absolutely belted some sides this year. Outside the abberation against Collingwood and their wayward narrow round 1 defeat against Melbourne, they've only lost to the Swans at the SCG, Geelong at Kardinia and a red hot Adelaide in Adelaide. Their form is the best in the league. They don't fear anyone. They will go very close to winning it this year. They are actually better than the rest of the comp.

27 minutes into Q4 at Carlton v Hawthorn and Hawthorn are 19 points up. No quarter has gone longer than 29.59 and that was the third with 9 goals kicked in it. There have been 5 so far in this one.

Our first quarter last week had 2 goals total and went 31 minutes. There didn't seem to be all that many stoppages either.

How long has Hardwick been tigers coach for? This is his 8th season? Stability is definitely the key.

Isn't this the path that we are meant to be going down? The old "stability is key" path? Atleast that's what we said when we signed Hinkley up relatively long term on his first contract.

Our first quarter last week had 2 goals total and went 31 minutes. There didn't seem to be all that many stoppages either.
Would have had to do with how it was umpired. There were 28 frees in total in the Hawks game. In the GWS game there were 12 in the first quarter alone. And there were 75 stoppages in our game to 53. So an average 5 extra stoppages and 5 frees. Although the major real time difference comes from how often it goes out, It can be anywhere from 10 to 20 seconds from when a ball goes out to when the time clock recommences. I was once at a game at AAMI V Geelong where the final quarter went only about 22 minutes. I think it may have been the drawn game in round 10, 2000.

I want GWS to win every flag that we don't.
Nobody will really care.
This is how I feel about Sydney flags, except at least they came from something. Y'know, if they win, it's some team in a non football state with cap allowances beyond the norm, so we got an excuse.

How long has Hardwick been tigers coach for? This is his 8th season? Stability is definitely the key.
Mind you, the Tigers needed some stability when Hardwick was appointed. How many senior coaches have they had since their 1980 flag?

How are they calling it, with imaginary all-in brawls and ciggies and beers on the interchange bench or something?
Nah old blokes! Drew Morphett, Rob Walls and another old campaigner Ian Robertson. It is actually pretty good much better than derrwayne

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of the young local lads in town today is back from a stint doing combined games/playing GWS reserves. He was BOG but some of his skills were sublime when he did get the ball. It is absolutely ridiculous how wide their net is, 5 years after their debut AFL season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back