Opinion positives (yes, that is "positives" with a small p)

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 8, 2008
PollieCentral
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fulham/76rsPhilsNovaDrexel/Atalanta
1. We won't kick a lower score at Subi this season.
2. Our supporters don't spend the whole game (from the 5 min mark of Q1 onwards) talking about how great the shoes are that they purchased, instead of watching the footy. Unlike not one but three clumps of (female) Wet Toast fans at my local, who spent the entire game talking about how great their shoe finds were. Wet Toast still attract so many followers who have no interest in, and no idea about, footy...
3. We aren't Melbourne. Tanking scum of a side they are.

Oh and...

4. Moo's term of modship was over before we turned in that crapola performance. The benevolent bovine baccalaurate bishop deserved better than to have to mod during our worst ever Derby performance. Welcome to modding teh Freo board, Seppo...

The three ruckman experiment seemed to work quite well.

Silvagni wasn't in the 5 worst on ground, so he'll get another game next week.

We don't have to travel this week.

Sandi , Clarke & Griffen worked well in the first half.
Jesse got pace

I won all my supercoach games! Won my $$$ league by a point
Competitive for a half
Johnson great and Silvagni slotted in well
100% DE for Dawson

Problems in the side are all out on the table, solutions are achievable

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No effing positives
Except hopefully we wont see 3 rucks ever used again

We might not be Melbourne but we are effing playing like how they used to play.
Remember all the criticism they used to cop for starting all their attacks from defence and were smashed in clearances week in week out.
While every other team was starting attacks from midfield and keeping ball in their forward half.

Thats us right now
Smashed in clearances.
Never winning the ball so its defend, defend defend then look to attack.
We start all our attacks from the back half and rely on fast breaks to actually score.
We cant keep the ball in our forward half for longer than 2 seconds.

No effing positives

Remember all the criticism they used to cop for starting all their attacks from defence and were smashed in clearances week in week out.
While every other team was starting attacks from midfield and keeping ball in their forward half.

Thats us right now
Smashed in clearances.
We start all our attacks from the back half and rely on fast breaks to actually score.

Are you saying we're tanking?:D

One positive... Harvey laughing all the way to the bank.

There's going to be so many delistings ala 07/08 style. Many of the players should be at a level that is acceptable for consistency and committment but now eagles have jumped massivly in terms of development. I could name 5 definite delistings but don't want to be deemed as a little too soon. Chris Bond MUST change the way things works around there, 5 seasons in charge and only one finals appearance to show for it.

No effing positives

Thats us right now
Smashed in clearances.

Schild21, it is the positives thread, if you can't be positive then stay out of the thread and post your views in any one of the 3,219 rant/vent threads that are on the board. Please. As a regular poster you are better than dumping in the positives thread.

We know where our problem is and our midfield can no longer hide behind nothing but forward pressure and forward efficiency like they did under Harvey. With a bit more of a forward presence, and a harder running midfield with an injection of a couple of clearance players. I could watch that first half any day of the week.

We know where our problem is and our midfield can no longer hide behind nothing but forward pressure and forward efficiency like they did under Harvey. With a bit more of a forward presence, and a harder running midfield with an injection of a couple of clearance players. I could watch that first half any day of the week.

Seriously, our midfield should be better atm. The way Mundy and Barlow are playing atm makes me want to cry.

Our first half!

- we contested well if not better than the weagles
- pressure was
- Our defence held up really well

Second half all this went down the toilet

Seriously, our midfield should be better atm. The way Mundy and Barlow are playing atm makes me want to cry.

Mundy is not fully fit. He had a great first quarter and dropped off. He has never been a great defensive runner either. Barlow is not back to his best yet, but he did pretty well except for his disposal. That will come back. We need to inject more quality and hard run in the midfield and I thought Neale showed a bit today, except for some of his decision-making. Sheridan and Sutcliffe are also probably better than him and we have Crozier to come in who is explosive. Michie too if his foot heals and then we have Morabitio, Fyfe and Lower to come in over time + Mellington. If Suban can improve his fitness he will also come in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back