Post Your Team (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

I got 97,400k in the bank and will probs re-do my whole team again a few times leading up to the start of the season.

Backs; A little worried about taking the double risk on lake and grimes but don't see many other options at those prices.

Mids; I dont like having deledio and beams in there but come the byes I think it will be worth it (ill probs change my rookies to better cash cows and get the dpp ones closer to the byes.

Fwds; Quite happy with the fwd lineup, gonna take a punt on brown and hopefully it pulls off :D
[/COLOR]

Grimes is fine, he's underpriced and you know what he'll score it's just durability, but i was happy last year taking a punt on him, side-ways upgrade trade in the end, not the biggest loss.

See how Suban goes in NAB, he could be a replacement for Lake.

Brown and Porps risky in fwds.

It's a different looking team in many ways, but could be a winning formula?

Interesting take with your DPP's in mids, i'm not going to tell you how to play, if you believe it'll save you come Bye time and you have a strategy in place go for it. I'd just say that come rd 24 you'd want all your mids to be pure mids and have those guys back in their others possies.

B: Goddard, Deledio, Shaw, Grimes, Buntine, Clarke, Morris (Spurr, Sierakowski)

M: Pendlebury, Murphy, Selwood, Hodge, Pfeiffer, Shiel (McDonald, Mitchell)

R: Sandilands, Leunberger (Stephensen, Giles)

F: Franklin, Fyfe, Martin, Sidebottom, Rieowldt, Saad, Zorko (Treloar, Kerridge)

I've been fiddling a lot the last week and I think I'm getting close to happy with me team.

Backs: Goddard, Deledio, Suckling, Waters, Grimes, M Clarke, Mohr, Morris, Bugg

Mids: Pendlebury, Ablett, S Thompson, Barlow, Hayes, Clifton, Shiel, L Brown

Ruck: Jacobs, Giles, Stephenson, Rowe

Forwards: Sylvia, Zaharakis, D Martin, Sidebottom, J Brown, Porplyzia, Saad, Zorko, Treloar

I could be wrong but isn't Sylvia suspended for the start of the year?

Suckling, Waters and Grimes is asking to be smacked around the head I am thinking. All have been injury prone in their time and having three in a side would give me nightmares.

You also have a lot of rookies who were not DT scorers at the level below but I guess which rookies to take will become a bit more evident once the NAB kicks off.

ANY TIPS? HAD TO GO A FEW ROOKIES AND LONG SHOTS, AS EVERYONE DOES.
dreamteamteam.jpg

Screenshot2012-02-07at20622PM.png

Has already changed a few times, rookies are obviously subject to NAB Cup form.

I don't want to go through your whole team for now, but 6 out of 9 players will be missing in defence come round 13 (I think), and honestly, it's not worth at least 4 trades to avoid any zeros.

Hope to get some comments this time, have had a second crack - Get brutal.

BACKS
Goddard (M), Deledio (M), Suckling, Grimes, P Davis, M Clarke, B Smedts (F) (Wilkes, M Talia)

MIDS
Ablett, Murphy, Selwood, Barlow, D Martin (F), Shiel (K Stevens, Couch (F))

RUCKS
Goldstein, Jacobs (Giles, Pattinson (F))

FORWARDS
Franklin, Fyfe (M), J Brown, Zaharakis, Porplyzia, Byrnes, Zorko (Kerridge, Rowe (R))

Have yet to factor in byes and the rookies are always subject to change during/after the NAB. Brown may come in for Talia, but i am wary of having 4 Crows if i make that happen.

Have leaned towards DPP's when deciding between certain players, some gambles including Grimes, Porplyzia and even Phil Davis. Porps i feel can put up some good numbers after finally getting a preseason, and Davis should he stay fit is a decent price.

Thoughts?

Hope to get some comments this time, have had a second crack - Get brutal.

BACKS
Goddard (M), Deledio (M), Suckling, Grimes, P Davis, M Clarke, B Smedts (F) (Wilkes, M Talia)

MIDS
Ablett, Murphy, Selwood, Barlow, D Martin (F), Shiel (K Stevens, Couch (F))

RUCKS
Goldstein, Jacobs (Giles, Pattinson (F))

FORWARDS
Franklin, Fyfe (M), J Brown, Zaharakis, Porplyzia, Byrnes, Zorko (Kerridge, Rowe (R))

Have yet to factor in byes and the rookies are always subject to change during/after the NAB. Brown may come in for Talia, but i am wary of having 4 Crows if i make that happen.

Have leaned towards DPP's when deciding between certain players, some gambles including Grimes, Porplyzia and even Phil Davis. Porps i feel can put up some good numbers after finally getting a preseason, and Davis should he stay fit is a decent price.

Thoughts?
  • Fyfe has had an interrupted pre-season... wouldnt go there at that price.
  • Phil Davis is unlikely to give you much as a point scorer or a decent cash cow; a bit of a nowhere pick.
  • Couch is a rookie and wont play.
  • Byrnes is borderline best 21... too risky imho.

• Fyfe has had an interrupted pre-season... wouldnt go there at that price.
  • Phil Davis is unlikely to give you much as a point scorer or a decent cash cow; a bit of a nowhere pick.
  • Couch is a rookie and wont play.
  • Byrnes is borderline best 21... too risky imho.

Cheers, must have forgotten about Couch. Will replace.

Yeah agree re Byrnes...

ANY TIPS? HAD TO GO A FEW ROOKIES AND LONG SHOTS, AS EVERYONE DOES.
dreamteamteam.jpg

Mostly good, though I don't like the selections of Tarrant and Ward. Tarrant is just average and Ward I don't think will score enough to be a premium in the mids. Lucas is an interesting one, as is getting Porplyzia and Byrnes. It could work out well if Byrnes and Lucas get lots of games.

Also, Grimes is too risky for me, but has a high ceiling and could pay dividends.

I've been fiddling a lot the last week and I think I'm getting close to happy...

Thanks for sharing. :p

Here is my third and final attempt for my pre-NAB Cup team:
LkmEc.png

This team is mostly the same but I shuffled some rookies around so that I feel that I am the most prepared come the bye rounds anyone could possibly be, I think 0-2 0's over the entire 3 weeks should be a good aim (rookies/Lake/Porplyzia subject to change).

Made this team in ~5 minutes:

NB: Have not checked for bye conflicts... so there are likely to be some which I will address later (after NAB throws some spanners at me first).

My justifications:

Givens (i.e. don't need justifying here):
Goddard
Deledio
Suckling
Pendles
Ablett
McEvoy
Dustin Martin

Premium Priced Non-Premium Players that are not givens:
Beams
Zaharakis
Leuenberger
Marc Murphy
Leigh Montagna
Riewoldt

Awkwardly Expensive (A LOT TO LOSE!):
Grimes
Didak
Davis
Coniglio

The rest are just rookies which are literally placeholders pending winning their spot in their respective teams.

I will throw it out there that if St Kilda are set to improve in 2012 and given many of their stars underperformed last year, that the man to be on is Leigh Montagna and NOT saving $100k and going with Lenny Hayes.

Bear with me here.... last year I started with Montagna and traded in Hayes at his exact minimum price............ :cool: (that's how I roll). Leigh Montagna HAS been in the top 10 midfielders consistently. He has one of the highest Kick:Handball ratios in the competition and is always there in chains of +6 + 6 +6 in spaces of 3-5 mins. Whereas Hayes is the in and under "Joel Selwood" esque player. With the revised strategies teams using last year to compensate for reduced bench, I see the in and under player as the more heavily rested and suffering from lack of TOG, as long as Joey looks fit, he is MINE!

Marc Murphy is the rock in my midfield. One of the most consistent midfielders and unlikely to have large fluctuations. That is his purpose in my team. To be 1 of the top 6 end of year midfielders and be unobtainable for everyone else in the competition.

Same justfication for starting Beams & Zaharakis. This is their year to be top 7 fwds.

Leuenberger is my least favourable expensive so-called "premium" and I almost always go Cox/???? but this year I want to start differently here.

Defenders: Goddard,Enright,Deledio,Duffield,Lake,Clarke,Darley(Morris, Smedts).

Midfielders: Swan,Ablett,Thompson,Hayes,Shiel,Mcdonald(Brown, Mitchell).

Rucks: Cox,Mcintosh(Giles, Stephensen).

Forwards: Franklin,Goodes,Pavlish,Cloke,Didak,Porplyzia,Treloar(Zorko, Walsh).

Bank:$33,500

Feel free to criticize,comment and give any other opinion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just found this thread, has proved great reading for the past hour!

Was wondering what thoughts were on my team. Only $3, 500 left at the end of it which is slightly worrying. Also not convinced Folau was a good pick up - but I've seen a bit of him at NEAFL level that would suggest he could surprise a few.

Haven't checked byes too much yet, so if I've made a drastic error with that, or anything else, feel more than free to point it out.

B: Deledio (RICH), Hanley (BRIS), Harbrow (GC), McKernan (ADEL), Glass (WC), Connors (RICH), Dawson (FREO) - Subs: Bower (CAR), Wilkes (STK)

M: Swan [captain] (COLL), Ablett [vice captain] (GC), Mitchell (HAW), Rich (BRIS), Swallow (GC), Hill (FREO) - Subs: Bartlett (BRIS), Shiel (GWS)

R: Mumford (SYD), Smith (GC) - Subs: Longer (BRIS), Stephensen (GEE)

F: Franklin (HAW), Martin (RICH), Christensen (GEE), Mayne (FREO), Fasolo (COLL), Day (GC), Zorko (BRIS) - Subs: Folau (GWS), Kersten (GEE)

Just found this thread, has proved great reading for the past hour!

Was wondering what thoughts were on my team. Only $3, 500 left at the end of it which is slightly worrying. Also not convinced Folau was a good pick up - but I've seen a bit of him at NEAFL level that would suggest he could surprise a few.

Haven't checked byes too much yet, so if I've made a drastic error with that, or anything else, feel more than free to point it out.

B: Deledio (RICH), Hanley (BRIS), Harbrow (GC), McKernan (ADEL), Glass (WC), Connors (RICH), Dawson (FREO) - Subs: Bower (CAR), Wilkes (STK)

M: Swan [captain] (COLL), Ablett [vice captain] (GC), Mitchell (HAW), Rich (BRIS), Swallow (GC), Hill (FREO) - Subs: Bartlett (BRIS), Shiel (GWS)

R: Mumford (SYD), Smith (GC) - Subs: Longer (BRIS), Stephensen (GEE)

F: Franklin (HAW), Martin (RICH), Christensen (GEE), Mayne (FREO), Fasolo (COLL), Day (GC), Zorko (BRIS) - Subs: Folau (GWS), Kersten (GEE)

Where do i start? if you're posting this as a joke - you've got me, but i'll try help anyway...

Harbrow is ok - not a great pickup as he has consistency issues and can go missing, but let's leave him , there are more pressing issues.
Mckernan isn't going to jump up his average too much this year - find someone else.
Glass will net you about 20 points a week, he is NOT a DTer. OUT!
Dawson is the same as Glass - OUT!
Conners is risky, but he's ok if he plays.

The players you have in your mids are fine, however, you have too many, you should really have 4 starting gun players and 4 rookies as this is where the best rookies are. So get rid of Hill and Swallow/Rich and bring in some good rookies like Clifton or Stevens.

Smith is overpriced, won't increase too much i don't think. But unless you know something about him being up in QLD and you think he'll have a big year then go for it.

Fasolo has been talked up a lot, mainly by Collingwood supporters, not sure how he'll go, but could surprise.
Day is probably a bit expensive for an unknown entity at AFL level.
I don't think Mayne is a good DTer - he's got to go.

As for most of your subs and rookies look at the NAB Cup and see who's doing well and pick those guys.

Try to get the rookies who are priced below 120k, more than that is often a waste.

hope that helps.

Where do i start? if you're posting this as a joke - you've got me, but i'll try help anyway...

Harbrow is ok - not a great pickup as he has consistency issues and can go missing, but let's leave him , there are more pressing issues.
Mckernan isn't going to jump up his average too much this year - find someone else.
Glass will net you about 20 points a week, he is NOT a DTer. OUT!
Dawson is the same as Glass - OUT!
Conners is risky, but he's ok if he plays.

The players you have in your mids are fine, however, you have too many, you should really have 4 starting gun players and 4 rookies as this is where the best rookies are. So get rid of Hill and Swallow/Rich and bring in some good rookies like Clifton or Stevens.

Smith is overpriced, won't increase too much i don't think. But unless you know something about him being up in QLD and you think he'll have a big year then go for it.

Fasolo has been talked up a lot, mainly by Collingwood supporters, not sure how he'll go, but could surprise.
Day is probably a bit expensive for an unknown entity at AFL level.
I don't think Mayne is a good DTer - he's got to go.

As for most of your subs and rookies look at the NAB Cup and see who's doing well and pick those guys.

Try to get the rookies who are priced below 120k, more than that is often a waste.

hope that helps.

Haha clearly I have a great deal to learn DT wise. Thanks for the advice, I'll go back to the drawing board. Heaps more reading required, I think.

Hey guys,
Here is my first try at a team for this year, any thoughts??

BACKS: B.GODDARD, H.SHAW, B.DELEDIO, J.GRIMES, M.CLARKE, B.ELLIS, B.WILKES (A.FORSTER, M.TALIA)

MIDS: S.PENDLES, G.ABLETT, M.MURPHY, A.SWALLOW, J.MCDONALD, T.MITCHELL (D.ZORKO, D.SHIEL)

RUCK: M.LEUENBERGER, M.KREUZER (J.GILES, O.STEPHENSON)

FORW: L.FRANKLIN, D.ZAHARAKIS, D.MARTIN, S.SIDEBOTTOM, N.RIEWOLDT, J.BROWN, A.SAAD (B.DICK, S.KERRIDGE)

Hey guys,
Here is my first try at a team for this year, any thoughts??

BACKS: B.GODDARD, H.SHAW, B.DELEDIO, J.GRIMES, M.CLARKE, B.ELLIS, B.WILKES (A.FORSTER, M.TALIA)

MIDS: S.PENDLES, G.ABLETT, M.MURPHY, A.SWALLOW, J.MCDONALD, T.MITCHELL (D.ZORKO, D.SHIEL)

RUCK: M.LEUENBERGER, M.KREUZER (J.GILES, O.STEPHENSON)

FORW: L.FRANKLIN, D.ZAHARAKIS, D.MARTIN, S.SIDEBOTTOM, N.RIEWOLDT, J.BROWN, A.SAAD (B.DICK, S.KERRIDGE)

Backs - ............well, what will Shaw do this year?? Grimes....nice price but who knows how well he has recovered from his injury.....hopefully good!

Mids - I like the pick of Swallow.......I think he'll smash it this year...nice 'unique' pick.....I'm trying to fit him in my team somehow

Rucks - Kreuzer....again good price but I think there's better value around the place...

Forwards - I've gone with Buddy and Zaharakis as well.......not overly concerned with the whole 'bye' thing.......yet.....

Any thoughts on mine thus far........will no doubt be changing come Round 1...

Backs - Goddard, Deledio, Suckling, Suban, Lake, Clarke, Ellis.....Bugg, Morris....

I'm hoping Suban steps it up a bit and pick up a lot more possessions floating around the back....Lake......well, it's a big unknown at this stage isn't it...risky

Mids - Boyd, Ablett, Mitchell, Hayes, Lucas, Clifton..Shiel, Brown...

Still undecided on Hayes and Lucas.......and Mitchell for that matter...I'd like to possibly get ST or Swallow in there.........I may be one of the few who won't be starting with Pendles/Swan and Murphy/Gibbs......probably at my own peril! lol........

Rucks - McEvoy, Giles...........Stephenson, some other cheap rookie

Giles starting.........I'm just hoping he could be a Zac Smith........

Forwards - Chapman, Buddy, Zaharakis, Sidebottom, Riewoldt, Christensen, Zorko.......Walsh, Sexton..

I know that the bye will kill me..........it's one round.......I'm playing for league. I'm confident one bad week won't kill me in the long run....

Any thoughts appreciated :)

Still trying to get my head around the bye situation, but this is what i have so far.

dreamer1.jpg

Notable omission is Franklin. Been doing a bit of reading and agree with some that he might struggle early with the tough draw so would be a perfect first upgrade target.

Still need to play around with duel positions in the backline, but it's a start.

I'm seeing a lot of teams on here with Tom Mitchell. If he's playing round 1 then he's a great choice.

I just can't see him playing round 1. Has had an interrupted pre season apparently and it would be mighty tough for him to break into the Swans midfield. O'Keefe, Goodes, McVeigh, Hannebury, Kennedy, Jack and Jetta would all be ahead of him at this stage.

More than happy to be wrong as I would love him in my side. Would help with my bye structure.

I'm seeing a lot of teams on here with Tom Mitchell. If he's playing round 1 then he's a great choice.

I just can't see him playing round 1. Has had an interrupted pre season apparently and it would be mighty tough for him to break into the Swans midfield. O'Keefe, Goodes, McVeigh, Hannebury, Kennedy, Jack and Jetta would all be ahead of him at this stage.

More than happy to be wrong as I would love him in my side. Would help with my bye structure.

I'd say apart from Shiel, Clifton and Giles all the rookies are just pure speculation at this stage.

Think you'll find that most of the rookies people have selected are simply placeholders until the NAB cup, will change drastically once they get a proper look at them.

I'd say apart from Shiel, Clifton and Giles all the rookies are just pure speculation at this stage.

Think you'll find that most of the rookies people have selected are simply placeholders until the NAB cup, will change drastically once they get a proper look at them.

I'd agree with that.

Here's my first attempt at a team.
I've never really got too far into these fantasy teams, I generally submit one, but without any real thought.
I seem to have issues with my forwards and suspect I've overspent a bit on top end players, so would be happy with any feedback.

Backs:
B.Goddard, B.Deledio, G.Broughton, B.Lake, M.Clarke, J.Surjan, J.Grimes
(B.Smedts, S.Darley)
Mids:
S.Pendlebury(c), M.Boyd(vc), G.Ablett, M.Murphy, S.Coniglio, D.Shiel
(C.Wingard, T.Mitchell)
Rucks:
D.Cox, S.Jacobs
(J.Giles, O.Stephensen)
Forwards:
L.Franklin, M.Pavlich, R.Gray, A.Christensen, J.Porplyzia, R.Gray, D.Zorko, T.Walsh
(A.Saad, A.Treloar)

$1900 left over.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back