Cotchin - Vlastuin - McIntosh
Martin - Griffiths - Bolton
Rioli - Riewoldt - Stengle
Nankervis - Caddy - Prestia
Edwards - B. Ellis - C. Ellis - one of Grigg/Miles/Menadue/Lennon/Lloyd/Graham

?!?!?!?!?!?!!?! :) :) :) :)

100% sure he's a midfielder this year and he's gonna be an extremely good one

Markov takes his place ?
Or do we give Batchelor another go now we have new coaches??
Batch can do ok as a small stopper only, and not a 3rd tall match up. That can allow Vlas into the mid mix. Markov could also fit into that role, but is less talented at this stage as a 'stopper'.

New training video

Haha that part at around 0.30 where the camera man nearly loses Bolton because of his explosive speed. From the training video + the highlights videos pre-draft, he looks like a hardworking guy. Let's see if he can keep it up.

I am really liking the look of Stengle. Good size too for a first year player. A LOT of Eddie Betts about him in the way he moves. Bolter for round 1
If one of Bolton and Stengle were to play in Round 1, I expect it to be Stengle.

His concern would be more to do with getting the feel of the game and being match fit rather than putting on size.

If one of Bolton and Stengle were to play in Round 1, I expect it to be Stengle.

His concern would be more to do with getting the feel of the game and being match fit rather than putting on size.

How's Stengel going to play round one unless someone gets injured tho?

Im interested in why a few people say Stengel looks good for r1 when he is a rookie and also in competition (although both possibly could fit) with our 1st draft pick in Bolton, why is this?

Is he showing better form than bolton at training?

From what I just saw on the training video Bolton looks very impressive, granted it was a few snapshots and I guess that's why im asking, have ppl been going to training and being massively impressed with Stengel??

Im interested in why a few people say Stengel looks good for r1 when he is a rookie and also in competition (although both possibly could fit) with our 1st draft pick in Bolton, why is this?

From what I just saw on the training video Bolton looks very impressive, granted it was a few snapshots and I guess that's why im asking, have ppl been going to training and being massively impressed with Stengel??
It's just one of the customary phenomenon of BF, overrate the fringe players over the draft picks. It requires no evidence. It is merely custom.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I also don't understand size, look at the runner up of the best kids award last year, also a premiership player...

Rioli played almost every game last year and was a similar size, personally don't think that's an issue at all
Agree mate, If you can break tackles, break the line then you don't need to be a hulk. Looks like we finally have some danger in the small forward department

Can be costly though when he has to take the shot. First time he did it I thought he mustve been kicking into a wind. The 2nd, then 3rd times, I realised, 'this guy cant kick more than 40m...' Wonder how he deals with it. Must feel like an underager playing with the big boys.

I think he'll leave no stone unturned to address the issue. I won't be surprised to see him kicking further this season....

As part of the preseason practice games, I'm a little disappointed that we don't get to play a practice game at Punt Road, but Carlton get to play at IKON, Norf at Arden Street and the Doggies at Whitten Oval.

It's just one of the customary phenomenon of BF, overrate the fringe players over the draft picks. It requires no evidence. It is merely custom.

Have noticed this before. Just like when someone said Butler has always been a gun a page or so back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stengle plays a different role to Bolton. Bolton is a flanker. Stengle is a crumbing small forward. Stengle only has Lloyd to really contend with if the rumours of Rioli pushing up the ground more are true. Bolton has Edwards, Lennon, Menadue, and the resting mids to compete with.

Batch can do ok as a small stopper only, and not a 3rd tall match up. That can allow Vlas into the mid mix. Markov could also fit into that role, but is less talented at this stage as a 'stopper'.
Batch struggles on most players, not sure how he is still on our list as his disposal is barely VFL reserve quality.

With Vlastuin I am just wondering but why do we keep trying to reinvent players like him? Personally I don't rate him very highly and despite requests from those that do nobody has yet persuaded me otherwise. If, and its a big if, he is okay in his "role" at half back why move him into a role he isn't accustomed to? Leave Vlastuin in defence where he is more comfortable and speed isn't as much a factor. He will never make a quality mid due to his lack of pace so leave him back I say. Would rather see Markov rotate through there and use his pace and skill than old treacle. I think people just want this first round kid to turn into something but deep down they know it ant gunna happen.

Stengle plays a different role to Bolton. Bolton is a flanker. Stengle is a crumbing small forward. Stengle only has Lloyd to really contend with if the rumours of Rioli pushing up the ground more are true. Bolton has Edwards, Lennon, Menadue, and the resting mids to compete with.

Cheers mate, personally I would have thought Rioli and Bolton are still in the forwards mix, are they training with the Mids/wingmen? from that video today it was titled small forwards with most of the vision being Bolton..

Stengle looks good though. You'd assume with Bolton's size that he's got a fair way to go to be playing AFL in 2017.

Stengle is from SANFL yeah?
Rioli was pretty small and played most games last year.

Unleash some pace this year and in a few years we will reap the benefit from it I say.

Cheers mate, personally I would have thought Rioli and Bolton are still in the forwards mix, are they training with the Mids/wingmen? from that video today it was titled small forwards with most of the vision being Bolton..

Bolton I'd expect to play a similar role to Rioli did for us in 2016. Small forward with stints up the ground. However, I think he might find it hard to crack into the side, especially with Lennon to come in to the side. I'm not sure who Bolton replaces in the lineup. Stengle as well will find it hard, but has less competition for spots imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back