Training Pre Season '23

Remove this Banner Ad

Not just Dusty. Everyone thinks we’re a shoe in for the flag. We could struggle for top 4 imo

Makes sense when you add in 2 a grade mids and the fact our board is completely biased. But sports are not won on paper either.

Personally I think our year will come down to Lynch’s fitness, IMO our best is better then anyone’s in the comp and we have genuine a graders and match winners across every line. But if we lose him for long stretches it’ll be tough, still I think you could say that about every teams KPFs.

Makes sense when you add in 2 a grade mids and the fact our board is completely biased. But sports are not won on paper either.

Personally I think our year will come down to Lynch’s fitness, IMO our best is better then anyone’s in the comp and we have genuine a graders and match winners across every line. But if we lose him for long stretches it’ll be tough, still I think you could say that about every teams KPFs.
Any team that loses their best KPF is likely out of business. No use being a doomsday advocate. You’re right that we have match winners on every line and therefore we along with probably another 3 or 4 teams are a chance. Those who come out with all the Negatives, what if this player is injured etc? Are just sad sacks. We as supporters need to just understand that our current administration is a good one and will deliver us an acceptable outcome. Hopefully a flag,however, a strong and competitive team that continues to stay relevant. I don’t think we are good things to win the flag but we are one of the better chances.

I have to ask, what is the source of everyone's unshakeable belief that Martin will tare the comp to shreds this year? His last two years have been mediocre by his salary and the hourglass flows forward. When was the last time that a 31 year old tore the comp apart?

I can see he could be a low end A grade player this year. However, if you read some people's posts here, he is definitely going to win a Brownlow and any other result is near impossible.
You know what I’m an old campaigner have seen 8 premierships , the last three have been a bonus as until 2013 I dint believe we were ever gonna play finals again let alone win a premiership much let three more if he does he does , if he doesn’t I have been privileged to have seen the two greates players to play the game in K Bartlett and D Martin , stop fearing the sky will fall

Don't think he will be peak 2017 form, but I do think he will be a lot better than the last 2 years.
Don’t think anyone will do what Dusty did in 2017 again.
The great thing about Dusty is his performance can dip by 10-15% from the halcyon days and you’ve still got a very good player, the bar has been set so high.

Anyway it’s all between the ears, if he gets that part right, he’ll still win us games off his own boot

Don’t think anyone will do what Dusty did in 2017 again.
The great thing about Dusty is his performance can dip by 10-15% from the halcyon days and you’ve still got a very good player, the bar has been set so high.

Anyway it’s all between the ears, if he gets that part right, he’ll still win us games off his own boot
if he gets out of cumbomb's space when its down there he is doing all the right things

And if he doesn’t Cumbo will let him know
Cumbo to Dusty as they both b line the goal square before the first centre bounce and Cumbo makes Dusty start in the pocket
08628979-3042-4D82-98EE-D0AAC102FD53.gif

You know what I’m an old campaigner have seen 8 premierships , the last three have been a bonus as until 2013 I dint believe we were ever gonna play finals again let alone win a premiership much let three more if he does he does , if he doesn’t I have been privileged to have seen the two greates players to play the game in K Bartlett and D Martin , stop fearing the sky will fall
I've been around since the 67 one. Got to see 3 wins. The club is so well run now. Winning on field and off.
Cumbo to Dusty as they both b line the goal square before the first centre bounce and Cumbo makes Dusty start in the pocket
View attachment 1599904
NoahC looks at Dusty. "Didn't see ya last year, or in the preseason camp."
;)

GTFO...

Me and MJR running things now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This can't be a serious take. he's more than paid his dues, we are forever indebted to him.

Half the board wanted Jack and Cotch to retire last year and for us to trade Dusty because he was finished 🤣

Royce says hello :cool:

These 2 clips are probably best watched in the 'Uncle Doug' room of your house.
Last KB goal on Magro very similar to Dustys moves on flog Steward to set up a goal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back