• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 7, 2009
Bull Creek WA
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Real Madrid, Man City, GS Warriors
Three grand final we’ve seen and one we haven’t seen at all are the live options for the 2022 AFL grand final. What is your choice?

For neutrals, which one would you like to see.

1. Geelong v Sydney. Never met in a grand final and two September regulars. You will also have star power in the form of Cameron, Dangerfield, Heeney, Papley, Rohan and Selwood. Plus the coaching geniuses of Chris Scott and John Longmire who are no stranger to September. Would be a good contest and one the neutrals would want.

2. Sydney vs Brisbane. Last meeting was the 2nd ever VFL/AFL grand final with just 6 goals scored in the entire match. A non-Victorian grand final for the first time in 16 years and the premiership cup will head north of the border regardless the result. Will be good for the game in these two Rugby League states.

3. Brisbane vs Collingwood. We’ve seen it already in 2002 and 2003 with Brisbane triumphant in both one close one and a blowout. McRae vs the team he played for in a 3-peat.

4. Geelong vs Collingwood. We’ve seen it in 2011 which is more famous for the entertainment from Meatloaf on a wet first Saturday in October than the actual game unless you’re a Cats fan. Both teams met a few weeks ago in one of the matches of the season. Also rematches of 1937 and 1952 which Geelong were triumphant in both.

Last edited:

Geelong Sydney are the two best teams in it. My heart says Brisbane vs Sydney would be amazing. But with the pre finals bye any team can now make it. My least favourite would be Geelong vs Collingwood as too much media people would be frothing, and they all act like this is the VFL still.

There are no winners with those 4, just 4 very unlikeable teams.
Think it will be Geelong v Sydney with the swans winning. They will suffocate both pies and cats over the next 2 weeks to win the flag.
Plus we've already had it. Fairly confident Cats will thrash em too.

Geelong Sydney best contest. Brisbane Sydney the teams I want to be there.
Brisbane-Collingwood and Collingwood-Geelong will be good too but for neutrals is Geelong-Sydney which will be branded a heavyweight. These teams rarely meet at the MCG too.

Brisbane-Collingwood and Collingwood-Geelong will be good too but for neutrals is Geelong-Sydney which will be branded a heavyweight. These teams rarely meet at the MCG too.
Already saw Pies Lions two years in a row. Cats Pies only 11 years ago. Prefer a new matchup.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brissy v Sydney would be great because it’s the first GF at the G since 2019 so two non Vic teams would be *in lol-town.

Any of the matchups would be interesting, though.

I’d prefer Geelong/Sydney if Brissy can’t make it but that’s only because we haven’t had that match up yet.
I miss the early to mid 00s when salty Vics were complaining about how interstate clubs had unfair advantages lol.

I miss the early to mid 00s when salty Vics were complaining about how interstate clubs had unfair advantages lol.
Me too.

But yeah, as another poster said, new matchups would be preferred. Removing my bias, for neutrals, interest should be in Geelong or Brissy v Sydney. In other words * Collingwood lol but really they’ve been awesome to watch and should hopefully make a good GF opponent if they get there.

Geelong and Sydney are obviously the two best teams in it so they would be the best matchup. Collingwood vs Brisbane would be the most exciting game though.

Silly reading people say Sydney and Geelong because they’re the two best sides this season.

Clearly the two winners from next weekend are the two best sides of 2022 - that would be the only reason they’re in a Grand Final, and if it’s Brisbane or/and Collingwood, it would’ve meant they got through a Prelim against Sydney/Geelong away from home.

Back