Votes: 35 18.5%
  • Geelong vs Collingwood

Votes: 33 17.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

1)Geelong vs Sydney
Best teams going at it

2)Brisbane vs Sydney
-I think it’s time for a non-vic grand final but the build especially will be low key a bit of buzzkill since no vic team playing

3)Brisbane vs Collingwood 20 year anniversary rematch

4)
Geelong vs Collingwood
Would probs be good for Victoria

From most preferred to least preferred:

Brisbane vs Sydney (guaranteed non Vic premier)
Geelong vs Sydney (the two best remaining teams)
Brisbane vs Collingwood (underdog grand final)
Geelong vs Collingwood (honestly a boring match up)

I suspect it'll be Geelong vs Sydney.
What an odd view. The 2011 Grand Final was one of the most entertaining Grand Finals of the modern era.

As much as I dislike Geelong and Collingwood I don’t think you can say those 2 playing each other would be boring. The build up would be off the charts while if the game was half as good as their QF we’d be in for a great spectacle.
I would leave the country straight after the game however.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Obviously I want Pies in there. Preferably against Brisbane.

The reason: Geelong have had more recent success then Brisbane. I could stomach it better. Don't particularly think Geelong fans need another flag so soon. *em.

Obviously I want Pies in there. Preferably against Brisbane.

The reason: Geelong have had more recent success then Brisbane. I could stomach it better. Don't particularly think Geelong fans need another flag so soon. *em.
Hearing that Lions song after experiencing 2002 and 2003 would be horrific.

Geelong v Collingwood would be the most entertaining matchup.

Geelong v Sydney would be a good game too, if less aesthetic. I can't see Brisbane winning against Collingwood or Sydney, so prefer they don't make it.

Best thing about the new broadcasting deal is fox can use their own commentary team for all games. Whateley and Hudson are by far the best commentary duo in the country.

Whateley/Hudson is 120mins of old school commentating.

They are animated, focus on the game and quick witted. Literal opposite to Ch7 commentary; who are dull, focus on everything but the game and have no wit between the lot of them.

Also jabronis like Jobe, Betts, Burgoyne and Jones literally can't communicate. They can't construct sentences. A joke of a team.

4. Geelong vs Collingwood. We’ve seen it in 2011 which is more famous for the entertainment from Meatloaf on a wet first Saturday in October than the actual game unless you’re a Cats fan. Both teams met a few weeks ago in one of the matches of the season. Also rematches of 1937 and 1952 which Geelong were triumphant in both.
Also rematches of 53 (Coll win), 30 (Coll win) and 25(Gee win) - a rematch this year would be a new record for the most number of grand finals between two teams (already hold the record for most number of finals against each other)

How on earth is Geelong and Collingwood a boring matchup?
They played one of the all time great finals games last week……

Back