• Sydney vs Brisbane

Votes: 53 28.0%
  • Brisbane vs Collingwood

Votes: 35 18.5%
  • Geelong vs Collingwood

Votes: 33 17.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Whateley/Hudson is 120mins of old school commentating.

They are animated, focus on the game and quick witted. Literal opposite to Ch7 commentary; who are dull, focus on everything but the game and have no wit between the lot of them.

Also jabronis like Jobe, Betts, Burgoyne and Jones literally can't communicate. They can't construct sentences. A joke of a team.
Haha extra kudos for using the word “jabronis”

In 123 years I guess AFLW will be watchable.
See above. By 1915 grand finals were routinely high scoring. Carlton scored 15.4.94 in 1906, but that was an outlier, and would remain the highest grandfinal score until Melbourne cracked the ton for the first time (17.17.119) in 1926.

Just for the Lols listening to the Vic media bozos. Swans v Lions.

No grand final at the MCG for two years and when it comes home........no Vic teams.;):straining::hearteyes::hearteyes:
I know you interstate fans seem to think us victorians all love other Victorian clubs however I think you’ll find you are sadly misguided. Do you think a Richmond, Carlton or Essendon fan would rather see Collingwood in a grand final instead of Sydney? A hawks or tigers fan Geelong in a grand final instead of Brisbane?
As for the media, they will talk up the contest no matter who plays in the grand final.
The game itself will be sold out no matter who is playing like it has other times when interstate sides have been involved.

Just for the Lols listening to the Vic media bozos. Swans v Lions.

No grand final at the MCG for two years and when it comes home........no Vic teams.;):straining::hearteyes::hearteyes:
It would be weird having 2 years of grand finals away from the G with no interstate sides then a return to the G with no Vic team.

I know you interstate fans seem to think us victorians all love other Victorian clubs however I think you’ll find you are sadly misguided. Do you think a Richmond, Carlton or Essendon fan would rather see Collingwood in a grand final instead of Sydney? A hawks or tigers fan Geelong in a grand final instead of Brisbane?
As for the media, they will talk up the contest no matter who plays in the grand final.
The game itself will be sold out no matter who is playing like it has other times when interstate sides have been involved.
Well said. The worst case scenario for me is seeing them pull off the premiership even if they're an exciting team to watch.

The highlight of the finals thus far was watching Richmond lose to Brisbane, and I was hoping Flagmantle would do the same to Collingwood. I nearly always barrack for interstate sides against Vic sides (other than Essendon).

Would prefer to play Sydney as we’ve already beaten Collingwood in a GF and don’t really want to give them a chance at redemption.
However Collingwood might be the easier of the 2. Not that I don’t rate Collingwood, my opinion of them has gone up enormously this finals series. If they had a key forward, they could’ve been favourites? They move it so well.

We dont think that at all.

We get it that rivalries exist and supporters would rather see an interstate team beat a rival.

But the Vic media do act like self entitled flogs at times.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think every state media act the same don’t they? Ever listened to 5AA?
Yeah, but that's for a local audience, Melbourne have 3AW to counter that.
7 and FOX are supposedly national broadcasters but they have a huge bias towards Victorian sides there is no denying it.
Geelong get the best of both worlds, getting the Vic bias treatment from Melbourne based media while also having their own newspaper and radio station to go full nuffy all year in their backyard; multiple podcasts, biased radio coverage of every game, Cats on the back page nearly every day. The Pies loved their 'press red for Ed' that one time, that's just another day for the Cats.

Yep. Whately and Hudson are the 2 best callers in the game by a long margin.

I'm not as big on Whately as others - doesn't come through as much in his commentary, but his smarmy 'I'm smarter than you' shtick on radio/360 grinds my gears the point it tarnishes my view of him as a caller.

Kelli Underwood is my favourite caller. So cringe, so funny. I always get excited when she pulls out a funny pun. I also love how she invents nicknames for players ("so fetch!"). You just need to "switch on" to her sense of humour I think; how can you not love someone that calls GWS "the orange team"? Brilliant.

My dream call team for the grand final is Kelli Underwood, Jobe Watson and Dermott Brereton after someone switches his coke for ket.
I loved Dennis Commetti too, so glad he got to call the Dees grand final victory in his last game.

Kelli Underwood is my favourite caller. So cringe, so funny. I always get excited when she pulls out a funny pun. I also love how she invents nicknames for players ("so fetch!"). You just need to "switch on" to her sense of humour I think; how can you not love someone that calls GWS "the orange team"? Brilliant.

My dream call team for the grand final is Kelli Underwood, Jobe Watson and Dermott Brereton after someone switches his coke for ket.
I loved Dennis Commetti too, so glad he got to call the Dees grand final victory in his last game.
Best.

Yeah, but that's for a local audience, Melbourne have 3AW to counter that.
7 and FOX are supposedly national broadcasters but they have a huge bias towards Victorian sides there is no denying it.
Geelong get the best of both worlds, getting the Vic bias treatment from Melbourne based media while also having their own newspaper and radio station to go full nuffy all year in their backyard; multiple podcasts, biased radio coverage of every game, Cats on the back page nearly every day. The Pies loved their 'press red for Ed' that one time, that's just another day for the Cats.
I reckon they usually have a bias for the following:
A) underdog
B) home team
C) team coming back
D) team that is going to win
E) team with a great story

This week for example if swans and cats are both winning they will be banging on about them however if lions and pies are storming home late they will jump on them.
I never notice any particular bias besides for the points above.

Back