Preview Preliminary Final v Collingwood MCG Friday 21/9/18

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you listen to what players and coaches have been saying to the media, we don’t care who we play. We have a system which we follow and back it in to beat whatever opposition we face. They just trust it holds up and if it doesn’t, we get beaten by the better side on the day.
I loved Grimes presser today, we didn’t care who won your semi final as we will just play our way and if it holds up, all good. Very happy we look at every single game on that basis, win or lose
And this is all that needs to be said!

Last edited:
Calm down buddy, sound like your ranting and raving. Maybe your a bit nervous, that's ok.

lmao me nervous?

youre the one on the oppos board telling us how much better you will be this time and how good you are

we see this every week from flog oppo posters, good times

I read some comments by Collingwood fans during the year and the consensus was they expected to make the top six at best, anything else being a bonus.
We just need to nip their aspirations in the bud.
Who knows, 2019 might be the year of the Dees! :D

Should've worded that better...
If the pies are going to win the game, it will be because their forwards got on top of our backs. Which I don't think will happen.
Better?
Just got a bit worried there for a minute, lol.

We were also down to about one rotation on the bench, and at only that time did you kick away.
We can play this game forever... going on intensity shown in other games we have played, we barely stepped out of maybe 3rd gear for large parts of the game..

My point is, we could sit here all day arguing why the past two games matter, but ultimately, they don't matter too much. Prelims are just a different beast.

The pies have had a good year, they're satisfied, they're happy, it doesn't matter if they win or lose, the pressure is all on Richmond. They can relax.........sounds like a team ready to be sliced to bits. So let's do it. The pies will be cut to pieces.

IMG_3123.JPG

Butler brings a lot more class and speed to the forward line and also proves a real handful by being that extra zippy forward (along with Rioli) but I’m worried the of impact of losing the hard ball attack from Conca or the X factor from Higgins. It would be heartbreaking but I reckon we might drop Reece for Butler just to make the forward line a bit more dangerous. Thoughts?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Butler brings a lot more class and speed to the forward line and also proves a real handful by being that extra zippy forward (along with Rioli) but I’m worried the of impact of losing the hard ball attack from Conca or the X factor from Higgins. It would be heartbreaking but I reckon we might drop Reece for Butler just to make the forward line a bit more dangerous. Thoughts?
Wouldn’t be upset if Conca was dropped for Butler. Butler is a superior player and gives us another option to goal. Pies won’t be able to contain Butler, George and Rioli.

Best wishes to the fans attending.
Remember to boo Treloar.
Watching on television, where you can see clearly, it does affect him.
Still, Collingwood has improved markedly from last year because they have a range of midfield options.
Taylor Adams being one, 27 pressure acts versus GWS.
I could have had 27 pressure acts against them on Saturday.

Is this the banter thread? If not then it’s bloody disgraceful that we can put up with Collingwood trolls ruining the thread and our lot falling for it and tagging along. I’ve avoided forums for the week and media bc of all the bull s**t being spun.
Richmond >39.5 is the bet.
If Richmond fail to win by 40+ points does that constitute a moral loss?

H-Elliott and De Goey are the two key forwards, Cox to a lesser extent.
The secondaries are Thomas and Stephenson.
We have six players to cover! :D
Seriously, Taylor Adams has improved as a midfielder and we must target.
Adams is blocking and enabling the Sidebottom disposals, 30 pressure acts in Round 19.

Starting to get the same feel of the hawks game everyone coming out saying were beatable etc media,but this time it's the opposite coach and actually players now .After being 2 zip this season be smarter to let footy do your talking I think.We're just to calm and humble not a inch of cockyness let our footy do the talking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back