Prediction Premiership 2016? (OP updated to add poll)

Will Sydney win the premiership in 2016?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Troystenvic sorry if my reply was a little harsh, I feel uneasy talking about it too, but the main reason for my post was to acknowledge that our best has been bloody good this year. It's ok to have high expectations for the group as long as they are realistic. My feeling is that the coaching staff and playing group are very much aiming for a premiership this year (more than they will let on publicly, but if you watch closely you can tell that Horse is pushing the group hard) and they will not accept mediocrity. I am definitely taking it one game at a time, but at the same time I am quietly confident about our chances.

Not harsh :grinning:Well said.

Its hard to get too excited after the debacle of 2014. Im too a fan of the old cliche one week at a time. I agree our best is very very good, lets get to GF day before we get too excited. I think we are a massive shot to make the big dance but Im very nervous about which Swans team show up.

Last edited:

*shakes first threateningly*
giphy.gif

Its hard to get too excited after the debacle of 2014. Im too a fan of the old cliche one week at a time. I agree our best is very very good, lets get to GF day before we get too excited. I think we are a massive shot to make the big dance but Im very nervous about which Swans team show up.

Yes the scars of 2014 run deep. 2016 version hadn't been beaten comprehensively by anyone all year. Feeling good

Wel said. I've always been confident of our team to be able to perform at a level commensurate to our ladder position. That was up until the 2014 GF that is. I was there that day and I've never seen such an un-Swanslike performance as what I saw that day. As a consequence I've lost all confidence in predicting h we will play on any given day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just find it ******* annoying when Sydney have had 7 debutants this season and a heap with under 50 games and under 100 games played, and people still have to say "Hawthorn have done the same". No they ******* haven't. They haven't had to trade senior players, or retire many in the last 4 seasons. Sure, they've brought a few new players in that are mostly shitty, but they haven't formed their core, not like they have with the Swans.

New this season (10):
Aliir Aliir, Def, 8 games
Jordan Foote, Mid, 1 game
Jack Hiscox, Mid, 1 game
Harrison Marsh, Def, 3 games
Sam Naismith, Ruck, 7 games
Tom Papley, Fwd, 14 games
Callum Mills, Mid, 19 games
Callum Sinclair, Ruck, 12~ games
Michael Talia, Def, 1 game

George Hewitt, Mid, 18 games

These are the players in the team this week
Under 50 games (8):
Xavier Richards (6)
Sam Naismith (7)
Aliir Aliir (8)
Tom Papley (14)
George Hewitt (18)
Callum Mills (19)
Dean Towers (29)
Isaac Heeney (32)

Under 100 games (13):
Xavier Richards (6)
Sam Naismith (7)
Aliir Aliir (8)
Tom Papley (14)
George Hewitt (18)
Callum Mills (19)
Dean Towers (29)
Isaac Heeney (32)
Tom Mitchell (59)
Jake Lloyd (63)
Harry Cunningham (68)
Gary Rohan (73)
Dane Rampe (92)

Over 100 games (9):
Luke Parker (121)
Nick Smith (161)
Kurt Tippet (164)
Daniel Hannebery (164)
Ben McGlynn (165)
Josh Kennedy (177)
Heath Grundy (207)
Lance Franklin (241)
Jarrad McVeigh (282)

Over 200 games (3):
Heath Grundy (207)
Lance Franklin (241)
Jarrad McVeigh (282)

Over 250 games (1):
Jarrad McVeigh (282)

I just find it ******* annoying when Sydney have had 7 debutants this season and a heap with under 50 games and under 100 games played, and people still have to say "Hawthorn have done the same". No they ******* haven't. They haven't had to trade senior players, or retire many in the last 4 seasons. Sure, they've brought a few new players in that are mostly shitty, but they haven't formed their core, not like they have with the Swans.

New this season (10):
Jack Hiscox, Mid, 1 game

Under 50 games (8):
Xavier Richards (6)
Sam Naismith (7)
Aliir Aliir (8)
Tom Papley (14)
George Hewitt (18)
Callum Mills (19)
Dean Towers (29)
Isaac Heeney (32)

Under 100 games (13):
Xavier Richards (6)
Sam Naismith (7)
Aliir Aliir (8)
Tom Papley (14)
George Hewitt (18)
Callum Mills (19)
Dean Towers (29)
Isaac Heeney (32)
Tom Mitchell (59)
Jake Lloyd (63)
Harry Cunningham (68)
Gary Rohan (73)
Dane Rampe (92)

Over 100 games (9):
Luke Parker (121)
Nick Smith (161)
Kurt Tippet (164)
Daniel Hannebery (164)
Ben McGlynn (165)
Josh Kennedy (177)
Heath Grundy (207)
Lance Franklin (241)
Jarrad McVeigh (282)

Over 200 games (3):
Heath Grundy (207)
Lance Franklin (241)
Jarrad McVeigh (282)

Over 250 games (1):
Jarrad McVeigh (282)

Yeah I can't think of one young Hawks player whose played an important role in their success in 2016. Unlike us with Naismith, Aliir, Mills, Papley, Hewett, Heeney, Towers, Jones, XR... Hawthorn has had maybe Sicily, maybe O'Brien play important roles (and O'Brien has since been dropped.)

Other than that, it's been the same old same old like Mitchell, Hodge, Lewis, Burgoyne, Rioli, Puopolo, Gibson, Bruest Smith and Gunston. And every game those blokes have been beaten, the kids haven't done squat, and the Hawks have been beaten. Even their slightly matured youngsters (their equivalent of Rampe, Mitchell, Lloyd) like Langford, Hill, Duryea etc have been mostly average. THIS is why it would be such a **** look for the AFL as a sport if Hawks win it this year. If less than half a team can beat seventeen other teams, something is seriously wrong.

I'd say GWS at Spotless was comprehensive.

We were cooked that day following the Gold Coast swamp. Sir Dane's kicks couldn't even get 3 metres off the ground. We couldn't spread or run both ways, so GWS probably should have punished us by more really. They're a fair-weather side though

New this season (10):
Jack Hiscox, Mid, 1 game

Under 50 games (8):
Xavier Richards (6)
Sam Naismith (7)
Aliir Aliir (8)
Tom Papley (14)
George Hewitt (18)
Callum Mills (19)
Dean Towers (29)
Isaac Heeney (32)

Under 100 games (13):
Xavier Richards (6)
Sam Naismith (7)
Aliir Aliir (8)
Tom Papley (14)
George Hewitt (18)
Callum Mills (19)
Dean Towers (29)
Isaac Heeney (32)
Tom Mitchell (59)
Jake Lloyd (63)
Harry Cunningham (68)
Gary Rohan (73)
Dane Rampe (92)

Over 100 games (9):
Luke Parker (121)
Nick Smith (161)
Kurt Tippet (164)
Daniel Hannebery (164)
Ben McGlynn (165)
Josh Kennedy (177)
Heath Grundy (207)
Lance Franklin (241)
Jarrad McVeigh (282)

Over 200 games (3):
Heath Grundy (207)
Lance Franklin (241)
Jarrad McVeigh (282)

Over 250 games (1):
Jarrad McVeigh (282)
Geez, Rampes going to clock up 100 next season, and a possible AA this season. Sensational.

Geez, Rampes going to clock up 100 next season, and a possible AA this season. Sensational.

As I said not long ago, he'll go down as one of the greatest defenders in our club's history. He's already better than Leo Barry. By next year, he'll have over taken Malceski and Craig Bolton. He's THAT good he just doesn't have the runs on the board yet

New this season (10):
Jack Hiscox, Mid, 1 game

Under 50 games (8):
Xavier Richards (6)
Sam Naismith (7)
Aliir Aliir (8)
Tom Papley (14)
George Hewitt (18)
Callum Mills (19)
Dean Towers (29)
Isaac Heeney (32)

Under 100 games (13):
Xavier Richards (6)
Sam Naismith (7)
Aliir Aliir (8)
Tom Papley (14)
George Hewitt (18)
Callum Mills (19)
Dean Towers (29)
Isaac Heeney (32)
Tom Mitchell (59)
Jake Lloyd (63)
Harry Cunningham (68)
Gary Rohan (73)
Dane Rampe (92)

Over 100 games (9):
Luke Parker (121)
Nick Smith (161)
Kurt Tippet (164)
Daniel Hannebery (164)
Ben McGlynn (165)
Josh Kennedy (177)
Heath Grundy (207)
Lance Franklin (241)
Jarrad McVeigh (282)

Over 200 games (3):
Heath Grundy (207)
Lance Franklin (241)
Jarrad McVeigh (282)

Over 250 games (1):
Jarrad McVeigh (282)

I've noticed this attempt to steal the narrative re the Hawks as well.

It's part of this 'clarko is a genius and everything the Hawks do is amazing' commentary.

I've noticed this attempt to steal the narrative re the Hawks as well.

It's part of this 'clarko is a genius and everything the Hawks do is amazing' commentary.

I laughed so hard last night. Oh he's such a good kick ... miss. He doesn't miss ones like this ... post. Smith'll kick it long and deep here ... barely made it inside the 50. It is their job to keep people watching but I thought with Bruce in Rio the nonsense would get toned down - wrong. BT stepped up to the plate. Lucky I've gotten to the point where I laugh.

I laughed so hard last night. Oh he's such a good kick ... miss. He doesn't miss ones like this ... post. Smith'll kick it long and deep here ... barely made it inside the 50. It is their job to keep people watching but I thought with Bruce in Rio the nonsense would get toned down - wrong. BT stepped up to the plate. Lucky I've gotten to the point where I laugh.

Yeah they always find a way to steer things around back to Hawthorn. Even in games not involving the Hawks.

"Geez they're missing a lot of shots today, gotta capitalise on inside 50s like the good teams do. That's what Hawthorn have been good at for so long." (Yes because it's remarkable they kick so accurately in an era that's been symbolised by the 30m-directly-in-front kick being the most difficult of all.)

"Beautiful kick inside the corridor" "Yeah those kicks can be risky, we've seen Hawthorn do it well over the last ten years." (Because apparently shite kicking is the standard in a game called FOOTball and beautiful kicks are trademarked by Hawthorn Football Club.)

"What a tackle! That was almost Cyril-like!" (Did you know Cyril Rioli tackles too?! Arguably the greatest tackler of all time. Even ahead of Jude Bolton and Brett Kirk who laid approximately 1246897532468643 more tackles than Cyril and in EVERY game. But again, tackling is a trademarked property of the Hawthorn Football Club.)

Back