Training Preseason Chat - It's happening again ...

Remove this Banner Ad

What did we give up for this guy? Too fat last preseason, hampered preseason this year. Yes, fully aware that he is a decent fullback, but he's done one tenth of f*** all with us so far while some of the top ten draft picks from last season are looking like being long term guns. Really frustrating.
He's literally missing a week 😂

I guess more precisely, why the team apparently contends that they couldn’t have traded Hogan and used pick 6 to draft a player.

The feeling is we wouldn’t have traded Hogan unless we were certain the May deal would also go through. Reason being if we kept Hogan, Tom McDonald maybe goes back to being a defender as we couldn’t fit both of them as key forwards. Meaning we don’t have a gaping hole at full back.

So whilst we got pick 6 for Hogan, it was only ever going to be used to get May.

The feeling is we wouldn’t have traded Hogan unless we were certain the May deal would also go through. Reason being if we kept Hogan, Tom McDonald maybe goes back to being a defender as we couldn’t fit both of them as key forwards. Meaning we don’t have a gaping hole at full back.

So whilst we got pick 6 for Hogan, it was only ever going to be used to get May.

Thanks mate.

Hopefully May and McDonald can both put together really good seasons. It will go along way to turning our fortunes around on the field

But gee Ben King looks like a bloody good prospect

Hopefully May and McDonald can both put together really good seasons. It will go along way to turning our fortunes around on the field

But gee Ben King looks like a bloody good prospect
You're assuming we couldn't have done a fine job of Melbourning him aswell

You're assuming we couldn't have done a fine job of Melbourning him aswell
If you can look good in a Gold Coast jumper you can look good in any jumper imo

But like I said if May & McDonald have really good years then it is irrelevant

If you can look good in a Gold Coast jumper you can look good in any jumper imo

But like I said if May & McDonald have really good years then it is irrelevant
May and McDonald playing well are probably the difference between 10th and 5th. Both are so influential to the players around them.

I guess more precisely, why the team apparently contends that they couldn’t have traded Hogan and used pick 6 to draft a player.
Not so much that they couldn't, as much as they wouldn't. I think the feeling was that they didn't want to lose an established player, without replacing him with another established player, particularly one that feels an obvious need. Take a look at the Suns to see what happens when you only ever replace established players with draft picks.

Not so much that they couldn't, as much as they wouldn't. I think the feeling was that they didn't want to lose an established player, without replacing him with another established player, particularly one that feels an obvious need. Take a look at the Suns to see what happens when you only ever replace established players with draft picks.
Or us under Bailey.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In under 12 months with us May has been suspended, pulled a groin, done a hammy twice and now having trouble with his knee. Bad luck or just one of 'those' players? At 28 y/o, he still has time to repay us, but that time is running out.

Ben King looks great, but so did Peter Wright once.

In under 12 months with us May has been suspended, pulled a groin, done a hammy twice and now having trouble with his knee. Bad luck or just one of 'those' players? At 28 y/o, he still has time to repay us, but that time is running out.

Ben King looks great, but so did Peter Wright once.
Now go through what Hogans done in the last 12 months😂😂

Just saw on DL, old mate Gandalf saw AVB after training yesterday, apparently ran into a fence and is fine. Pretty ******* relieved to hear that ...

I believe this is the fence ...
C2eVN_tWEAAeBmc.jpg

Preuss 8-10 weeks out! What a pick up this guy has been! Jackson might be the lone ruckman Round 1 if Max doesn't get up! I'd probably rather Jackson anyway than watch Preuss lumber around the ground!

big preusdog looked like he was slimming down and training hard, what a bummer for the big man
Casey are going to miss him in the early part of the season

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

big preusdog looked like he was slimming down and training hard, what a bummer for the big man
Would have played Round 1 if Gawn's knee is suspect in any way. I hope that doesn't mean the club will rush Gawn back now Preuss is out. Agreed that Preuss won't be missed as such, however he might have been very handy if Gawn doesn't pull up. Not sure throwing Jackson to the wolves Round 1 as sole ruckman would be a good idea. It's likely Gawn will be ok by the looks of it, but Jesus, wrap him in cotton wool until Round 1 please. Injuries are starting to pile up again. No doubt AVB will break down and Bennell will tear his calf in the coming days :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back