Training Preseason Chat - It's happening again ...

Remove this Banner Ad

Would have played Round 1 if Gawn's knee is suspect in any way. I hope that doesn't mean the club will rush Gawn back now Preuss is out. Agreed that Preuss won't be missed as such, however he might have been very handy if Gawn doesn't pull up. Not sure throwing Jackson to the wolves Round 1 as sole ruckman would be a good idea. It's likely Gawn will be ok by the looks of it, but Jesus, wrap him in cotton wool until Round 1 please. Injuries are starting to pile up again. No doubt AVB will break down and Bennell will tear his calf in the coming days :)
Sounds like they're expecting Gawn to play a preseason game, so Preuss out shouldn't be too big an issue.

If neither were available, I'd expect us to run with a ruck/forward trio with TMac, Weid and Jackson/Brown, rather than just throwing Jackson in the deep end.

Sounds like they're expecting Gawn to play a preseason game, so Preuss out shouldn't be too big an issue.

If neither were available, I'd expect us to run with a ruck/forward trio with TMac, Weid and Jackson/Brown, rather than just throwing Jackson in the deep end.
Tomlinson can also pinch hit.

At least these blokes are having these injuries now and not start of preseason. If they've done most sessions now (which gawn and pruess had barely missed many apparently) they're probably holding enough residual fitness.

That said, we should probably still forfeit marsh series games, and round 1/2 and come in fresh for round 3.

1581474531963.jpeg

It does strangely feel like it’s us and Essendon coping the pre-season injuries. I don’t think ours are that bad if May, Brayshaw, Melksham and Gawn are good for round 1.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The boys on the Dees Brief podcast reckon the word is that Jackson is a lock for round one.
Could be the perfect Forward/Ruck we have been looking for to support Gawn. Preuss isn't it. He'll be decent as a sole ruckman to replace Gawn if ever injured, but he's not a forward. Wasn't sold on drafting Jackson, but have heard good things coming from training and with Preuss going down, he could be important. Debut in front of his family and friends would be a dream come true for the young fella. Hope it happens.

Could be the perfect Forward/Ruck we have been looking for to support Gawn. Preuss isn't it. He'll be decent as a sole ruckman to replace Gawn if ever injured, but he's not a forward. Wasn't sold on drafting Jackson, but have heard good things coming from training and with Preuss going down, he could be important. Debut in front of his family and friends would be a dream come true for the young fella. Hope it happens.
What I saw a training he looked really athletic as expected. Skills are also good. All reports from training have him quiet hold by hand and foot. He’ll probably be able to play higher up the ground to in the midfield as the club have said.

The recruiting and coaching team's are geniuses, never doubted them.

Just in case anyone gets tricked again, AFLW is on tomorrow night 7:40pm Footscray vs Melbourne at whitten oval

I complained to the club. Should be more transparency in future emails. Note AFLW in the subject line.

1581633064501.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back