Opinion Pulling one out against us - AKA The Rhys Stanley Appreciation Lounge

Remove this Banner Ad

Happy Alex Sexton Round everybody!

2020_AFL_Teamcoach_Magic_Wildcard_MW-08_Alex_Sexton_Gold_Coast_Suns.png

I can only remember Paddy Dow having 1 good game.

It was against us.

Alex Sexton is second on GC's all-time goal kickers list, avg just under a goal a game in 157 games (3rd most in their history). I think you guys ought to show a little more respect to a legend of their club.

Alex Sexton is second on GC's all-time goal kickers list, avg just under a goal a game in 157 games (3rd most in their history). I think you guys ought to show a little more respect to a legend of their club.
biden-smile.gif

He’s no longer best 22 for them but I actually think he’s been a half decent player for them and not just against us. Doesn’t deserve to be nominated in this thread imo.

Too early to nominate Chol?
Chol's turned into a player, have liked his season so far. Expected he might get off the chain a bit.

I'll see you and raise you a Connor Budarick though... Who the * is he?!

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who the hell is Toby Bedford?

We had Ryan Nyhuis do a reverse Rhys Stanley against North a few years back. A goal with his first kick in AFL and 4 for the day including the last 2 in a narrow 4 point win.

He played 17 games in total and kicked only one more goal.

Memorable stuff for us and a nightmare for North on the day. Ah, the memories.

Not sure if Freo ever had a better Rhys Stanley impersonation than that one?
Actually both of freos game vs North in that 2017 season were both memorable for good and bad reasons.

That early game vs North Subiaco was crazy. 2.7.19 at half time, ironically the same score vs the demons a week ago. Fought a bit in the 3rd. Then Kersten kicks a goal with 30 seconds to go. We only scored 9.13.67 that game.

The other North game at Docklands was memorable too. Yeah Ryan Nyhuis kicked 4.

I was also impressed with Sean Darcy. Won the ruck hit outs over Todd Goldstein 34-31.

Darcy accidentally gave away a free kick with an accidental it on Goldstein's head.

North could of won the game late in the game with a set shot but missed

Who did we like today? 🧐

Jack Newnes? Has to be the worst 200 game player going around right now. Silvagni maybe? :think:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back