Opinion Pulling one out against us - AKA The Rhys Stanley Appreciation Lounge

Remove this Banner Ad

It wasn't Short, but Henry was 100% responsible for the one we coughed up to Ross too.

Fair bit of loose checking all night.

No he wasn't 100% responsible. Not even close to it. Freddy and Henry had two players covered loosely. But then Freddy ran up into no-man's land to cover a player up the field, and left his nearest opponent Rioli who then ran into space just inside 50. This left Henry to cover 2 players by himself and Henry ended up going towards Rioli. He may have closed that option down or at least forced a shot from outside 50. But the Richmond player chose to kick it further/wider to Ross who Henry had left to cover Freddy's man. It was more obvious at the ground, a number of people groaned "Freddy, what are you doing" before it even unfolded. Just dumb defensive play by Freddy which was 80% the cause of the goal. Henry maybe could have stayed on Ross and forced the ball to Rioli, but he still would have had a shot on goal and you'd probably think Rioli from 5m further out on a better angle is a better chance than Ross.

giphy.webp

Welcome to the Lounge, Jake 👋

Ricciardi has got us twice now and done next to nothing in the three years in between FFS!
Very True. Didn't he kick 4 against us a few years back?

I was looking for this fred when old mate from the yellanblacks was giving us the Steph Curry treatment a couple of weeks ago.

Silly st Kilda

Shorts just bombed another from 55
Yeah that's him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aaaaaand he's gone.
I guess we need to pick someone new for updates on doing basic tasks of their job.

Anyone got an efficient garbo we can keep a watchful eye over the next month or so? 🤔

Maybe someone can let us know when Rhys Stanley gets a hitout?

Bailey Williams has been in the lounge since the April game, I wonder if he’s going to extend his stay this weekend?
Or perhaps a new contender such as Rhylee West or the man many Bulldogs fans refer to as a human potato - Robbie McComb.

Rylee West is on the podium following his cameo yesterday. Might give Rhys Stanley a run for his money.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back