Game Day R4: Adelaide v Carlton, Richmond Oval, Sunday 12.40pm ACDT

Remove this Banner Ad

I doubt very much Metcalfe will play, but it's still great to see her back! And obviously, welcome back Erin, you little superstar 😀

Sad to hear about Cramey. That probably explains her falling away late in the game last week.

Wonder how we'll shuffle things around to include Phillips. Someone going back? Perhaps SLT? Ponter could do it but it would be a shame to move her after a four goal performance.

Wonder if Phillips will mostly play in the goal square ala 2018 while she gets back to full match fitness, or if she'll go straight back to the middle?
Goal square and limited time on ground would be my guess

Considine must’ve looked great on the track to get straight back into the side after being dropped after her game against the Saints.

Think with her calf now going it pretty much looks like Cramey’s AFLW playing days might/should be finished, such a stalwart for SA footy for many years but was injured for so much of her AFLW career. It’s a shame many of us never saw her at her best, still though a 2x premiership player and was brilliant on 2017 grand final day.

Gould is out as she has been named for Glenelg and Metcalfe is not named for the Eagles.
Gore, Biddell and Najwa named for their SANFL side and Lugg is out from the SANFL for the AFLW. weird seeing as Biddell and Najwa are named “on field” for us and Lugg isn’t one of the interchange players listed. Are we playing funny buggers?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gould is out as she has been named for Glenelg and Metcalfe is not named for the Eagles.
Gore, Biddell and Najwa named for their SANFL side and Lugg is out from the SANFL for the AFLW. weird seeing as Biddell and Najwa are named “on field” for us and Lugg isn’t one of the interchange players listed. Are we playing funny buggers?
Lugg isn't even on our team anymore. She plays for Brisbane

Oh I hope so!

Boy oh Boy Ponter and Phillips in the goal square, man what a thought.

After quarter time they'll throw Phillips in for center bounces evweytime Charlton kick a goal. Then she'll Wanda up forward ala fud in 98.

I've been live this year but I havnt seen us go anywhere near the standard we played in prelim and granny. Every game though, we nudge that bit closer. Charlton should be agro and will get the umps.

We need to win, we have some road trips ahead...

Boy oh Boy Ponter and Phillips in the goal square, man what a thought.

After quarter time they'll throw Phillips in for center bounces evweytime Charlton kick a goal. Then she'll Wanda up forward ala fud in 98.

I've been live this year but I havnt seen us go anywhere near the standard we played in prelim and granny. Every game though, we nudge that bit closer. Charlton should be agro and will get the umps.

We need to win, we have some road trips ahead...

Are we in the English Championship now?

IN - Considine, Metcalfe, Phillips
OUT - Cramey (calf), Newman (omitted), Gould (omitted)

Newman INCREDIBLY stiff to be dropped. Campbell lucky to survive

Newman was pretty good in the first two rounds, but only had two possessions last week. I guess they decided to give Considine another go. Did she play in the SAWFL last week?

I agree, Campbell is very fortunate to have survived. You'd have to think she's on her last chance, and would be out if Cramey was fit.

you wouldn't think Metcalfe would dislodge Foley from the ruck -

How would her defensive work be? Who would be getting Tayla Harris ?

People like to hang s**t on Harris, and she's never threatened the Crows as Randall as always had her measure. But she would have the ability to outplay a less experienced defender

you wouldn't think Metcalfe would dislodge Foley from the ruck -

How would her defensive work be? Who would be getting Tayla Harris ?

People like to hang s**t on Harris, and she's never threatened the Crows as Randall as always had her measure. But she would have the ability to outplay a less experienced defender

Sarah Allan straight to Harris you'd think

Remove this Banner Ad

Back