Play Nice Random Chat Thread: Episode III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what the REAL "extinction rebellion" looks like.

1571002011735.png

CO2 + 3H2 <--> CH3OH + H2O

1571003277950.png

Significance

Humankind must cease CO2 emissions from fossil fuel burning if dangerous climate change is to be avoided. However, liquid carbon-based energy carriers are often without practical alternatives for vital mobility applications. The recycling of atmospheric CO2 into synthetic fuels, using renewable energy, offers an energy concept with no net CO2 emission. We propose to implement, on a large scale, marine-based artificial islands, on which solar or wind energy powers the production of hydrogen and the extraction of CO2 from seawater and where these gases are catalytically reacted to yield liquid methanol fuel. The present work proposes specifications for such facilities and highlights essential challenges in physics, chemistry, and engineering which must be met to realize this ambitious proposal.

Abstract

A massive reduction in CO2 emissions from fossil fuel burning is required to limit the extent of global warming. However, carbon-based liquid fuels will in the foreseeable future continue to be important energy storage media. We propose a combination of largely existing technologies to use solar energy to recycle atmospheric CO2 into a liquid fuel. Our concept is clusters of marine-based floating islands, on which photovoltaic cells convert sunlight into electrical energy to produce H2 and to extract CO2 from seawater, where it is in equilibrium with the atmosphere. These gases are then reacted to form the energy carrier methanol, which is conveniently shipped to the end consumer. The present work initiates the development of this concept and highlights relevant questions in physics, chemistry, and mechanics.

Last edited:
This is what the REAL "extinction rebellion" looks like.

View attachment 764066

CO2 + 3H2 <--> CH3OH + H2O

1571001552327.png

Significance

Humankind must cease CO2 emissions from fossil fuel burning if dangerous climate change is to be avoided. However, liquid carbon-based energy carriers are often without practical alternatives for vital mobility applications. The recycling of atmospheric CO2 into synthetic fuels, using renewable energy, offers an energy concept with no net CO2 emission. We propose to implement, on a large scale, marine-based artificial islands, on which solar or wind energy powers the production of hydrogen and the extraction of CO2 from seawater and where these gases are catalytically reacted to yield liquid methanol fuel. The present work proposes specifications for such facilities and highlights essential challenges in physics, chemistry, and engineering which must be met to realize this ambitious proposal.

Abstract

A massive reduction in CO2 emissions from fossil fuel burning is required to limit the extent of global warming. However, carbon-based liquid fuels will in the foreseeable future continue to be important energy storage media. We propose a combination of largely existing technologies to use solar energy to recycle atmospheric CO2 into a liquid fuel. Our concept is clusters of marine-based floating islands, on which photovoltaic cells convert sunlight into electrical energy to produce H2 and to extract CO2 from seawater, where it is in equilibrium with the atmosphere. These gases are then reacted to form the energy carrier methanol, which is conveniently shipped to the end consumer. The present work initiates the development of this concept and highlights relevant questions in physics, chemistry, and mechanics.

I do laugh a lot a lot people protesting in the street demanding government do something!! Bureaucrats aren’t going to do s**t, if you feel passionate about something, learn in depth about a topic and go out and fix it yourself.

I do laugh a lot a lot people protesting in the street demanding government do something!! Bureaucrats aren’t going to do s**t, if you feel passionate about something, learnt in depth about a topic and go out and fix it yourself.

Yep.

If you're not taking responsibility on a personal level and sciencing the living s**t out of this, then you're a part of the problem.

Meanwhile in EU nothing to see here apart from political prisoners against article 1, the right of self determination by minorities.

Current logic: You must be a crazed right wing nazi if you want to leave our undemocratic club.

You're on to it mate.

These people are zealots in every sense of the word.

1571007408070.png

What's this got to do with your point:

This is the part where you look up stats and say they aren't bad people and there is no link between them and what Trump said (I never said there was, just stated what he was discussing). All of which I couldn't give two fu**s about. But please continue to cherry-pick information and discuss things out of context do highlight your bias in every topic you discuss.

Also, they are an American gang with international branches. They originated in America. Most of their revenue comes from American markets. Their international presence specifically enables trade networks to America and sometimes furthers American interests.
You said they are US. I said international. You show they are international. Thus you provided my point - international gang. You tried to say US in an effort to say Trump was wrong because they aren't in Mexico - only the US. I said more members of the gang are outside the US than in it.

You said they are US. I said international. You show they are international. Thus you provided my point - international gang. You tried to say US in an effort to say Trump was wrong because they aren't in Mexico - only the US. I said more members of the gang are outside the US than in it.

So what? You are playing stupid semantic games again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Morning all . Im in the process of converting of a confused 6 year old from supporting the filth to north Melbourne. Was just wondering if anyone had any information on any kids training sessions the club might be doing? I remember doing these as a kid myself and I’m sure he’ll love it . Thanks in advance for any info

Morning all . Im in the process of converting of a confused 6 year old from supporting the filth to north Melbourne. Was just wondering if anyone had any information on any kids training sessions the club might be doing? I remember doing these as a kid myself and I’m sure he’ll love it . Thanks in advance for any info

There is one in the June or July holidays for kids with jr memberships Non attending membership is $70 bucks/$7 a month and $115 for what they say is H&A membership.

I was in Melbourne last year in late Jan or Feb and they had open training for the AFLW which my daughters loved.

When you’re in your late 20s and daddy is still looking after you...

time to leave mummy tit you pathetic little boys.

4-6 months in the maximum mainstream would be the greatest education this lot would ever get.

My hunch is they'd jump in to the boner within 3 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back