Autopsy Rd 8 bad kicking is bad footy = Bloods

Remove this Banner Ad

24 free kicks to 10.

2.11 from set shots.

Just a bad day all round.

Some decent performers in general, but McLean and Gulden were great.

Some our transition play was fantastic, but our ability to finish was putrid. We are nearly there I think. Nearly.

Miocheck ended up with 5 goals, *

Look we avoided the here come collingwood call I guess

BT is so one eyed

Ultimately they will bang on about swans intent and effort, i think thats a sad state of affairs if the club is hanging it hat on that as something great,

aside from the second quarter patch I thought we played mostly wasteful stupid, negative footy

Horse has lost the plot from the sub choice to man management in general,was never a tactical genius, but he is wasting talent, and maybe he cant get them fired up anymore

after every break flat and negative, and attack and aggression got us the lead, I think he is done. I know everyone loves him, but Id move to a new option ASAP

The Goal kicking yuck

parkers midfield work yuck

Fox and Mccartin were good

Heeney started the rot with 2 misses, it was contagious after that.

Couldn't be arsed going into an in depth analysis, just shattered.

Some will say the intent and effort was good, signs were good and think we can turn it around, thats fine, I get it, i would like to be there

Just think the rot has set in, maybe i need a lie down and my face slapped

24 free kicks to 10.

2.11 from set shots.

Just a bad day all round.

Some decent performers in general, but McLean and Gulden were great.

Some our transition play was fantastic, but our ability to finish was putrid. We are nearly there I think. Nearly.
Yeah I agree with this.
Its almost there.
Pies 70k. Mcg. Its a hard assignment.

+

Errol Gulden played an absolute cracker of a game. Our one truly class player.

McLean was terrific throughout but faded a bit late

JMac played a bit better

Defence held up well until late

-‘s

kicking from our well paid B Grade forwards is dire

Maybe fine Heeney $10k every time he misses a set shot. Hayward can pay $5k for his misses.

Horse red faced and screaming at the players is doing nothing for them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really deflating loss. Had the chances to win but the pies pressure and structure was too good credit to them.

Thought our pressure and ability to control the game on our terms was good, winning 50/50s and owning possession in that second term. Had some really nice defensive moments too, composed out of the backline.

Unfortunately it all went down the swanny in the second half with the inability to keep it up and our pathetic goal kicking. 2.9 from set shots loses you the game right off the bat.

Another awful 4th quarter. We show the effort, but it just seems to be a fatigue problem cause every second half we lose our method and style to control and win the ball. Fell apart in the end, more CM inside 50 we concede and we lose to the better team.

You could see with some of our game we showed shades of last year. Good foot skills, pressure, turnover, corridor use. It all meant nothing with our horrific execution.

Thought Parker and Gulden were our best, showed plenty of heart. McLean had a really diamond in the rough performance, No.1 ranked player on the ground. Pretty poor in the air today, and we know all about our terrible goalkicking. A flattening game to drop with plenty of chances to win.

Think we will hit our straps next week against freo, can't get too carried away however...

Last edited:
With flag hopes well and truly dead, buried and cremated, need to keep playing some youngsters by dropping senior players who are sub par. Rowy, your turn this week in the 2’s. Cunningham, your turn in the 3’s.

Heeney on notice as well.

We miss Reid and an in form Buddy. Have some key forwards who take a mark and we win that game.
I know Amartey isnt 100% trustworthy yet but man that Richmond game where he took contested marks by being in the right position was promising. Shame it ended in an injury. Showed his potential.

The late fadeouts are the most disappointing factor to me, we ran games out so well for the majority of last year and we just seem to lack the players or the intent to stop teams when they get a bit of a run on this year.

Another frustrating afternoon.

Felt a bit like the Melbourne game. We just wasted way too many opportunities. Unlike Melbourne, they didn't really make us pay until the last quarter. It's at a point now that I just expect us to miss set shots.

Gulden seemed to be left on his own all day so got heaps of it. But he needs to stop trying to pull off the perfect kick every time.

Collingwood predictably had the rub of the green and the free kick count was lopsided, but I didn't think it had a huge impact on the game.

Daicos is a pretty limited player if you actually put someone on him.

Ehhh, seasons over, look like a bottom 8 team that have top 4 moments.

Let's just get this team right for next year, we have the cattle, but they're not firing this year.
Need to trade some cattle, put some cattle out to pasture as well

Remove this Banner Ad

Back