Game Day Richmond v Geelong, Preliminary Finals — Fri 20 Sep, 7:50PM AEST, MCG

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Never heard of him, is he any good?
Slow as treacle but can take a big grab. Kicked 6 against Essendon a few weeks ago. He kicked 3 against the Dogs and 2 against Port this year. Only played 3 AFL games in his career.

204cm.

Trying to be unbiased
I think the cats will start well
It’s going to come down to if they can kick 10+ goals. If you look at our record since the bye we don’t let teams get a hold of us and score big.
Without Hawkins their lynch pin does it open them up to score more or hurt them?

I can’t see them kicking a winnable score as Duncan is another out that every one is forgetting.
With them both in I feel it would be a proper 50-50 game but without them I feel we are 60-40 favs! Gonna be a cracker and looking forward to a bumper crowd and atmosphere cause Brisbane wasn’t loud enough for me 😋 go tigers!

If it's true he'll stretch the defense and bring the ball to ground at least. He won't be outmarked.

Interesting though.

You cited Hawkins out may give you unpredictability - which I agree with to an extent, a factor that concerns me a little pre-game.

But if you bring in another behemoth up forward, you quite easily run the risk of of the Tom Hawkins gameplan of kick it on his head and watch Richmond intercept all game.

Height doesn’t mean he won’t be outmarked. Soldo is 205cm and 107kg and I watched him get outmarked plenty in his first few years (he was roughly that size from day 1). Only now has got more strength and development in his body that he doesn’t get outmarked.

Interesting though.

You cited Hawkins out may give you unpredictability - which I agree with to an extent, a factor that concerns me a little pre-game.

But if you bring in another behemoth up forward, you quite easily run the risk of of the Tom Hawkins gameplan of kick it on his head and watch Richmond intercept all game.

Height doesn’t mean he won’t be outmarked. Soldo is 205cm and 107kg and I watched him get outmarked plenty in his first few years (he was roughly that size from day 1). Only now has got more strength and development in his body that he doesn’t get outmarked.

Soldo is even slower than Fort. I'd back Fort if Soldo was forced to play as a defender and that would play into our hands. They'd just back Astbury in.

If the word is true I'm guessing Geelong are worried about Richmond's duel ruck set-up and Stanley getting out worked. It also means Ratugolea won't have to ruck and will go into the game as the main forward.

You're right though, I'd prefer they play Taylor forward and bring in Henderson.

Soldo is even slower than Fort. I'd back Fort if Soldo was forced to play as a defender and that would play into our hands. If the word is true I'm guessing Geelong are worried about Richmond's duel ruck set-up and Stanley getting out worked. It also means Ratugolea won't have to ruck and will go into the game as the main forward.

You're right though, I'd prefer they play Taylor forward and bring in Henderson.

I should clarify, I’m not speaking about Soldo directly playing on Fort due to height, more your comment that he won’t be outmarked.

I was drawing the comparison that Soldo was also a massive behemoth early in his career but that didn’t stop him being outmarked, his inexperience and lack of a hardened senior body cost him in one-on-ones.

Can’t see a 3rd/4th gamer not being regularly outbodied by seasoned defenders. He may pull down a few, but a kid of his experience counts more against him than a few extra cm’s.

I’d be more worried about unpredictability in your forwardline, than a quality behemoth being replaced with an inexperienced behemoth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I should clarify, I’m not speaking about Soldo directly playing on Fort due to height, more your comment that he won’t be outmarked.

I was drawing the comparison that Soldo was also a massive behemoth early in his career but that didn’t stop him being outmarked, his inexperience and lack of a hardened senior body cost him in one-on-ones.

Can’t see a 3rd/4th gamer not being regularly outbodied by seasoned defenders. He may pull down a few, but a kid of his experience counts more against him than a few extra cm’s.

I’d be more worried about unpredictability in your forwardline, than a quality behemoth being replaced with an inexperienced behemoth.
I agree.

Fort is hardly a behemoth, Hawk is a behemoth more like a giraffe. But he does mark and he does kick goals. And he’s ok as a ruck. But most importantly he has heart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Henderson maybe Tom's replacement?

Gee i cannot see this ending well for the Cats if true......

Tigers by plenty i reckon unless Danger and Selwood both have career days.

Won’t win if they do. Only happens if unheralded players step up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Henderson's not going to play forward i wouldn't have thought. We'd leave Henderson back and push Taylor forward.

Fev and Betts say hi. Richmonds list bit thin after Riewoldt. Who isn't even the best Riewoldt. Richo was terrible. Lynch a role player etc

Worst performed team this century which includes 5 spoons and multiple coaches sacrificed. And Fev and Betts were so rated at Carlton that you traded both out. Didn’t even want them.
Richo - played finals, AA, Coleman medalist, 800 goals at the G and statistically took more pack marks than Carey when both up and about.
Jack - multiple AA forward, multiple coleman medallist, has captained the club and is a premiership player.
You just validated my point, you wouldn’t know a champion forward if he bit you on the arse. But go on grampa, tell us all about Busustow.....

Would be one of the biggest upsets if the cats get up. AFL want tigers in the granny for the money so expect the frees to be going that way like west coast last week. If cats are close enough at 3 qrt time they are a big show, head says tigers by about 20
Put this immature rubbish aside.
The best side on the night will win.

Slow as treacle but can take a big grab. Kicked 6 against Essendon a few weeks ago. He kicked 3 against the Dogs and 2 against Port this year. Only played 3 AFL games in his career.

204cm.
With the potential for a bit of rain, you would think unlikely wouldn't you? Here is the chance to try something bold and go a bit smaller and unpredictable. The conditions should suit.

Back