Preview Richmond vs Gold Coast. Thursday 1st July 7:20pm @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You’d think Miller was the next Balta or Rance the way he’s being talked up in here. I don’t know how he will handle seniors footy but surely the match committee have a handle on it, and the balance needed for the team? We had to go smaller, too many talls last week, and Miller would have resulted in the same issue.
I’m all for seeing how he performs at the next level, but structure is more important
I'm looking forward to Astbury taking on 2 x 197/202cm forwards.

If we can't win tonight and the gameplan looks like the last couple of weeks it will confirm to me

1. Season over and time to play the kids for the best draft pick we can get

2. Hardwick isn't up to it without more support and we need to spend hard upgrading our assistants to build a winning system that actually suits our list

If we do win, we keep finals in scope and the tiny sliver of hope alive.

No I mean the fact that their third tall Corbett is only 190cm and their ruckman Burgess is only 191cm.

But yeah I would have played Miller ahead of Ross. Not because he's needed now, but because he will be later.
And who will play on Day at CHF. He's 197cm and 102kg, assuming King will be taken by Astbury.

They have 4 x 190cm plus players on their forward line, we have 2 with Vlas next at 187cm.
Reckon he is needed now.

And who will play on Day at CHF. He's 197cm and 102kg, assuming King will be taken by Astbury.

They have 4 x 190cm plus players on their forward line, we have 2 with Vlas next at 187cm.
Reckon he is needed now.

i mean with lynch in im much happier to simply welcome the shoot out

if gold coast want to try to outscore us, worst case it will be a decent game to watch, unlike last week

Stack is still a few weeks away IMO. Building nicely on his fitness and form and will be a nice injection to the team leading up to finals.
Other possible inclusions?
Matt Parker is anyone's guess. I'd say most likely to add some pace to a wing but wouldn't be surprised if he ends up out the door at year's end without playing a game.
Hugo, MRJ and Dow (and Samson) all need a bit more development before coming in. Maybe next year as we don't have the luxury of trialling these guys when every game is a must-win. Dan Rioli, Caddy and even Will Martyn more likely to find a spot in the team before them.
Down back, Mansell can plug in whenever needed and Miller & Garth may also be needed at some stage.

if gold coast want to try to outscore us, worst case it will be a decent game to watch, unlike last week
That's what we hoped might happen last week. Thing about footy these days, you are 10% off in intensity or selection, you are no better than anyone else. Last week showed that up big time. Suns have some good outs, so evens things up a bit in that respect.

Stack is still a few weeks away IMO. Building nicely on his fitness and form and will be a nice injection to the team leading up to finals.
Other possible inclusions?
Matt Parker is anyone's guess. I'd say most likely to add some pace to a wing but wouldn't be surprised if he ends up out the door at year's end without playing a game.
Hugo, MRJ and Dow (and Samson) all need a bit more development before coming in. Maybe next year as we don't have the luxury of trialling these guys when every game is a must-win. Dan Rioli, Caddy and even Will Martyn more likely to find a spot in the team before them.
Down back, Mansell can plug in whenever needed and Miller & Garth may also be needed at some stage.
Reckon Stack is closer than that, as are the others. This week is a big one, good week to play for your place in the side in both VFL and AFL.

So last weeks forward line managed 2 goals - Lynch on a good day will max out at 5 or 6 - so looking forward to a total of 7 or 8 juicy goals tonight :drunk:

(I still totally cant comprehend or get over the fact we only kicked 2 goals v the Saints last week.... )

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crowd will be < 10k tonight.

For some reason I don’t think so, and surely there are other Tiger fans like me who just wanna go and watch our team play, without caring where we play, because our team needs us. This is about pride in our Club, because last week was not what we should stand for and we all need to buy in - fans and players.

Come on Tigers fans don’t be pussies get off your ass and take your kids to the game, go with your mates, suck up that s**t mid-strength piss and let’s go.

GO TIGERS!!!!

I have no idea what to expect. Possibly two teams with the worst form in the AFL, with injuries galore.

But we are playing to get our season back on track and make the finals. GC are playing to ... not come last

Given that we should come out harder. Will we miss easy goals under no pressure from 10 - 20 m out? or will we nail them? Interesting game - in the sense that a cripple fight is interesting. Hope we start to get our mojo back, cause we need it real fast.

And go RCD, let it rip young man.

For some reason I don’t think so, and surely there are other Tiger fans like me who just wanna go and watch our team play, without caring where we play, because our team needs us. This is about pride in our Club, because last week was not what we should stand for and we all need to buy in - fans and players.

Come on Tigers fans don’t be pussies get off your ass and take your kids to the game, go with your mates, suck up that sh*t mid-strength piss and let’s go.

GO TIGERS!!!!
Crowd will be < 10k tonight.
Tonights going to get real feral, these campaigners kick backwards like last week, we will break their goddamn legs

Could we do something different and play Jack at CHB? Probably one of our smartest players in terms of reading the play and long term the future is Lynch and CCJ up front. Thought Miller would have played and it boggles my mind that Parker, Caddy, Rioli x 2 in particular can't get a look in when Castagna, Aarts and McIntosh and Cotch out of form big time. I can understand rewarding Naish for good VFL form.

Top 4 is gone but if we can get some games into some of these guys now and see whether they are up to it who knows what can happen if we make finals could be straight out but given our last 4 years I reckon there is going to be 7 teams shitting themselves at the prospect of playing us in finals.

Nathan Freeman would’ve been handy right about now. Why’d we sign Parker over him? Strange decision considering our midfield issues and the fact that Castagna is untouchable so Parker will never get a look in anyway.
FE6246D7-9587-4E3B-B6CB-1C5EEEF9A54C.gif

Tonights going to get real feral, these campaigners kick backwards like last week, we will break their goddamn legs
Bro u need a joint… sound so angry last few days
I’ll bring one to the game for ya if u like

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back