Preview Richmond vs Gold Coast. Thursday 1st July 7:20pm @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a bit nervous about this game
Tbh I am not. If I have cause to be nervous about this game, then I definitely have cause to be nervous about the entire season.

I think we will defeat them at the very least if not comfortably. Our forward line works much better with a smaller ground like Marvel because there is less space to stuff up a passage or bomb the ball to nothing. Also, their outs are pretty significant too in my opinion. I personally would back an injured Richmond over an injured Gold Coast, so no excuses not to win this.

It’s the next 3 MCG games that I am most worried about unfortunately.

Even if they don't feel that Miller is necessary this week with the slightly smaller Suns forward line, I'd still be bringing him in to prepare him for when we do need him.
You mean Day at 197cm and King at 202cm. No reason why Astbury shouldn't be able to take both of them. Amazing lack of faith in a player, but they have done it all year so why should this week be any difference.

You mean Day at 197cm and King at 202cm. No reason why Astbury shouldn't be able to take both of them. Amazing lack of faith in a player, but they have done it all year so why should this week be any difference.
No I mean the fact that their third tall Corbett is only 190cm and their ruckman Burgess is only 191cm.

But yeah I would have played Miller ahead of Ross. Not because he's needed now, but because he will be later.

Nathan Freeman would’ve been handy right about now. Why’d we sign Parker over him? Strange decision considering our midfield issues and the fact that Castagna is untouchable so Parker will never get a look in anyway.

No I mean the fact that their third tall Corbett is only 190cm and their ruckman Burgess is only 191cm.

But yeah I would have played Miller ahead of Ross. Not because he's needed now, but because he will be later.

their ruckman is 191?

jeeez

if chol doesnt dominate tonight then ill personally fly him to the airport

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just an interesting coincidence
I’ll tell you what’s amusing. Steve Morris and Jason Castagna both played in that game. They both had 8 touches. Morris laid six tackles. George laid two.

So, in the one game where George and Morris both played in our dynasty years, Morris actually outperformed him. And you cherry picked that game to talk down Morris and defend Castagna. Do you not see the hilarious irony?

You're right. A small forward getting 16 touches isn't droppable even if we had no other outs.
Not really a small forward when 90% of his possessions were closer to the wing. Due to injuries I wasn't expecting him to be dropped, he's had plenty worse games, but for a small forward, he gets almost no possessions around goal.

campaigners are more miserable now after winning 3 flags than when solarium Terry was coaching us.
GIF michael richards cosmo kramer yes - animated GIF on GIFER - by Mulas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back