Rumour Rioli won the lottery

Remove this Banner Ad

There was a Richmond player some time back (80s?) who won Tattslotto.

Walked away and never came back IIRC.

So he didn't walk away from the game because he wa $hit? I'd find it hard to imagine a good player walking away from the game. If anything, it'd motivate them to move to a premiership contender for less money

It was many years ago and a far smaller sum but my good mate “Rocket” Owen won the lottery and was back at work maybe 18 months later.

Might’ve had a reputation on the field, and off it, back in the day, but damn, he’s one of the best blokes you can ever hope to meet.

He did one of the best footy interviews of all time for the Sunday paper in the early 90's. Stories included Owen calling in sick to training and catching a cab to Cranbourne races, only to come face to face with coach Doc Baldock when he got out. And a detailed description of dropping $7K on a horse a Caulfield tipped to him by jockey Michael Clarke (before the days of inflated player wages).

He did one of the best footy interviews of all time for the Sunday paper in the early 90's. Stories included Owen calling in sick to training and catching a cab to Cranbourne races, only to come face to face with coach Doc Baldock when he got out. And a detailed description of dropping $7K on a horse a Caulfield tipped to him by jockey Michael Clarke (before the days of inflated player wages).
Wish I read that interview.

I love the bloke. He's a bloody legend.

Pro sport isn't like working 9-5 office jobs, it's one of the things you might actually continue with for love of the game.

I’d say most pro players would be happy to be finished by the end. Massive grind.

I work with a lady who's daughter is best friends with Cyrils Wife. She told me that he was going to retire, she told me this in of last year.

I work with a lady who's daughter is best friends with Cyrils Wife. She told me that he was going to retire, she told me this in of last year.

He looked totally cooked and in a lot of pain in his last two years. The last great game of his career was against West Coast rd 5 2017 and he took a massive screamer in the last quarter. He landed horribly right in front of me: the next week he did his knee.

It was absolutely no surprise that he pulled the plug.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He looked totally cooked and in a lot of pain in his last two years. The last great game of his career was against West Coast rd 5 2017 and he took a massive screamer in the last quarter. He landed horribly right in front of me: the next week he did his knee.

That performance against WC in 2017 was ridiculously good. I remember Rioli had so many "tap ons" that came off perfectly... like Michael Long at his very best. I recommend any Rioli fan to revisit that game.

People with that much money shouldn’t be aloud to buy a ticket! It should only go to those on the bones of their arse! Seriously, wouldn’t it be good if it were only won by battlers?
Agree a lady who won the 100 mill poweball said
She will continue to work wtf? Isnt the reason to win the lottery not to work anymore?, fmd.

Sweet, back next year on the rookie list, Mumford style.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back