Game Day Rnd 11: Collingwood vs Geelong Sat May 29 1:45pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, we made it.

Covid lockdowns and all . but we still got this game..... at least at the time im typing this we do.

Pies re an unknown value right now - could be anything.

Cant let them get a sniff as they'll play GAF free footy if they do and that can lead to anything

Best to stomp them early, get out in front and make then try and keep up.

Wider spaces of MCG will a running test for us - but we've done well there so far so let see what happens.

The change in the listed Emergencies smells like a late change too... will Fort come in for a Sav type...

Its chook lotto with us and the changes so guessing is really the only option.

Regardless - lets get the 4 points and head into the bye happy at 8-3.

And lets have someone eat well today... Tomma for a bag or will Moore and Roughy clamp down enough.

For mine, win the MF battle and we'll be good. A sore Guthrie, no Duncan does not help that.

Get it done boys.

GO Catters

Somewhat more confident now Guthrie is playing. I think the MCG is what our game is being built for. Holmes suits. Want to see a few players put their hand up to keep a spot post bye when we have Danger, Duncan, O’Connor, Simpson and Miers returning. Narkle in particular needs to back up last week’s performance.

I'm not sure I subscribe to the idea that this will be a slog. The Pies are a shambles at the moment, with so much off-field distraction and a group that looks like it's being held together with sellotape.
With no crowd there, Collingwood's footy will have to stand for itself. No embellishments on the ground today, and we are clearly the better team.
The only way we lose is if we completely s**t the bed, and we haven't looked like doing that lately. I think we should win by 5-10 goals.

I'm not sure I subscribe to the idea that this will be a slog. The Pies are a shambles at the moment, with so much off-field distraction and a group that looks like it's being held together with sellotape.
With no crowd there, Collingwood's footy will have to stand for itself. No embellishments on the ground today, and we are clearly the better team.
The only way we lose is if we completely sh*t the bed, and we haven't looked like doing that lately. I think we should win by 5-10 goals.
Collingwood nearly beat port last week. They aren’t in bad form.

Playing a flimsy Port Adelaide at the G is different to playing us. Port have never been competitive in Victoria. And in that game, neither side scored 60 points. I give Geelong at least a 30-point advantage at the MCG vs Port. I'm not saying we definitely win, but it seems unlikely that this one will be close or a loss. Lest we forget - we beat them by 10 goals plus last time.

Somewhat more confident now Guthrie is playing. I think the MCG is what our game is being built for. Holmes suits. Want to see a few players put their hand up to keep a spot post bye when we have Danger, Duncan, O’Connor, Simpson and Miers returning. Narkle in particular needs to back up last week’s performance.
That should be all the motivation needed for the fringe players that and no VFL so it's an I must put in a good one here today game for them.

Just depends on which Collingwood show.

The one that lost by a point to both Bris and Port or the one who lost to both GWS and GC on the MCG.

Their biggest loss all year has been 30 points so they haven't been getting blown out if the water.

Win is critical this week given our upcoming fixture.

after that its all about narkle.

he doesn’t have the luxury of 20 sh** games before anyone considers dropping him like with atkins or dalhaus.

he has to perform. And whats more he probably will be only given 55-60 percent game time to do it unlike the 70 he was granted last week due to injuries mid game.

it’s all against him. He has to be Bruce Willis from die hard 2.

Yippee Ki-Yay Mother***!

Last edited:
Playing a flimsy Port Adelaide at the G is different to playing us. Port have never been competitive in Victoria. And in that game, neither side scored 60 points. I give Geelong at least a 30-point advantage at the MCG vs Port. I'm not saying we definitely win, but it seems unlikely that this one will be close or a loss. Lest we forget - we beat them by 10 goals plus last time.
Yes cos we have never been flimsy before against bottom sides at the g.

So is it fort or Stanley who comes in today or is esava going to play after all. classic Scotty playing mind games with the 22nd man picked again.
I'd like to see Fort given a couple of games now to see what he's got.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pies are an unknown value right now - could be anything.

Ray-Liotta-laughing-Goodfellas.gif

Port are weak away from home, and the Lions struggled at the start of the season when they played Collingwood, perhaps due to their limited preseason. The fact the Pies only marginally lost to both of those teams means nothing, only that the Footy Gods love to taunt Buckley.

The Pies jump teams early and then depend on their elite defence to defend the lead. It didn't work in the '18 GF and it hasn't worked this year. It's literally Buckley's sole game plan. If they jump us in the first quarter, I honestly wouldn't worry. The safe bet is that they will, and we'll come out firing in the second quarter. See both our games against the Eagles and the Tigers for reference.

The Pies have an inability to kick a winning score. That's why they are so defensive. They need JDG to fire if they are any chance of winning. Take him out and they have zero chance despite brilliant players like Grundy and Moore etc. Easy said and so on. JDG is elite when it wants to be. (Yes, I said it and not he on purpose. He's a creep.) However, if two out of Tom, Jerry and Rohan are on today it will be brutal watching for the already disenfranchised Collingwood supporters.

Expect Smith to be important on the wings of the G today. The fact I am now in love with a three time Hawks premiership player sickens me.

Geelong does estimate lower teams but this is Collingwood. There will always be respect there. We'll show up against them.

The danger factor is the absolute humiliating SF defeat they suffered at our hands last year. I was at the Gabba. One of the best nights of my life. You'd assume that is added motivation for them.

Scotty said due to the Pies defensive nature it would not be a shootout. If that is the case and it is a slog like some here are anticipating, we still win by 30 pts.

I feel like the Pies are on the edge of suffering a coach killer game. I'd love it to be us swinging the scythe. After all, according to useless AFL stats we have ended the careers of five coaches and four of those happened after RD11 and the average margin was 55pts. If we beat the Pies by 55pts today, be prepared for an influx of thank you messages from your Pies supporting mates. Somebody needs to put them out of their misery and clean out their pitiful coaching staff.

Edited for spelling.

Lets belt the wobbles, is what I would like but a comfortable win would suffice.
Key things id like to see
- another good game from Narkle
- good signs from whatever ruck setup we go with, hopefully its Sav getting more opportunity
- a solid game from Holmes
- more evidence we can play an open running game at the MCG
- a big bag from the 3 headed monster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back