Votes: 0 0.0%
  • S. Banks

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • J. Ross

Votes: 91 63.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

People already putting a line through Yze... Gee whiz

It's going to get way worse before it gets better folks. Wait til dusty is at the sun's, Baker is a docker and lynch retires in 2 years.
kim ye-rim whatever GIF

Channel 9 Reaction GIF by Married At First Sight Australia

I thought Cappy was ok, but I reckon Picketts wing is up for grabs. Do we try Hugo/Banks/Sonsie there? I didn't have Grimes in my best 23 at the start of the season. So do we roll with Miller and Young as the keys and Broad/Tresize as covering the third tall? Grimes becomes back up? I'm ok with that.
I think it's time Sonsie gets another crack. Got my fingers crossed Banks will make it. Highly skilled but maybe he needs to add a bit more body strength. That will come in time

People already putting a line through Yze... Gee whiz

It's going to get way worse before it gets better folks. Wait til dusty is at the sun's, Baker is a docker and lynch retires in 2 years.
dusty is a passenger now

I think it's time Sonsie gets another crack. Got my fingers crossed Banks will make it. Highly skilled but maybe he needs to add a bit more body strength. That will come in time
Yeah, I hope we back some of these boys in now regardless of results. For us to ultimately go forward, it's gotta happen.

Out coached, Hinkley was good, while Yze showed he is still on training wheels. Leading by nearly 3 goals just before half time, then within less than 10 minutes of the third, they were behind by 3 goals but fought back to be only over a goal behind. Then port smashed them again early in the last quarter winning by 5 goals wtf. Why were they so crap and made port look so good besides help from the umps
Not sure Todd Marshall marking everything that came his way came out if the norm smith coaching manual ,ultimately they had the cattle inF50 , we didn’t , tho today it was an undersized defence that burst , we did kick 92p which isn’t atrocious

Yes you do as you need the jets around them that retired. We have foot soldiers now as our major props.
Rance - jet, Astbury - foot soldier. Edwards - jet, Lambert - unbelievable foot soldier, Cotch and Jack - superstars, Towner - foot soldier etc etc. I think we had a wonderful blend of both that complimented each other. We gotta go back to the well now and get the next lot.

This isn't meant to be an arse hat comment but I'm surprised people didn't see this coming, dimma certainly did.
We need to just kick back and relax a bit, every empire falls

Time to rebuild a new one. I actually think Yze has done a good job overall. Apart from the first half of the sun's game where we were on an absolute hiding to nothing at the hands of the CFL

Next week could get pretty messy.... Play the kids!

Had a relook at the fixtures and can't see where our 1st win will come.
Hope our recruitment team are working hard.
only takes 1 game of fair umpiring for us to get our first win

afl might panic that we are gonna get a top 3 pick this week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

our transition defence needs a fair bit of work, has been pretty average seeing live the last two weeks.

Also, today I thought our tackling was rubbish, too many soft attempts, and not enough intent to lay some hurt.

Disappointing performance overall apart from the second qtr. let’s be honest we have a serious problem that’s carried over from last year, teams are getting too many inside 50’s against us. Our defensive setups are a shambles, we can’t stop oppos chipping it all the way up the ground inside 50, frankly it’s embarrassing to watch. There was one play in the last qtr that typifies our type
Of dumb zone defending. Zak thatcher I think had the ball in defensive 50 on mcc side. We had 5 players between the mark and 30-40 metres up the wing. There was one single port player there near the boundary. There was only 2 things he was going to do, either go long down the line or short to the boundary. UNFORGIVABLE AND JUST *ONG STUPID to allow the easy outlet kick. Happens all the time. Our players need to get smarter, or is it the coaches? Not sure but I am sure that we’re cooked.

Positives:
Seth is going to be a player
Brown looked good
Tresize had a mixed bag but I like what I see, competes fiercely
Miller held his own against Dixon, first half was very very solid
Bolton, hopefully Yze has realised he can play mid and still kick as many goals as a small forward
Ross had a couple of brain fades but overall did well
Nankervis was very strong and took the points against Soldo
Mansell played his role very well, not sure why people are bagging his game today

Changes for next week
Out: Banks, Lefeau and Dow
In: Sonz, McAuliffe and Cumbo

Time to bring in combo to try and give us a spark. We are seriously vanilla atm, shithouse to watch.

When broad and Young return Brown needs to hold his spot, get games into him!

Last edited:
2 poor games out of 3 now. Dow out along with Banks and Lefau. Sonsie, McAuliffe and Young back in. If Broad is fit then he comes in for McIntosh.
I am totally fine with peoples opinions on what should happen. For me, I'm happy to see how he responds. We aint playing finals. The lower we finish, the better the draft hand.

This isn't meant to be an arse hat comment but I'm surprised people didn't see this coming, dimma certainly did.

Time to rebuild a new one. I actually think Yze has done a good job overall. Apart from the first half of the sun's game where we were on an absolute hiding to nothing at the hands of the CFL

Totally agree

dumma left cos of the umps . if you cant beat em join em

gold coat is owned by the cfl

I am totally fine with peoples opinions on what should happen. For me, I'm happy to see how he responds. We aint playing finals. The lower we finish, the better the draft hand.
Gimme another kid, I think they'll be better for our development and their own. I'm not saying forever but he needs to go and find the pill at VFL level. Find form, then get another crack.

Yes we took it up to port for 3 qtrs, and short touched that ball start of last qtr his fingers bent back, its quite simply blatant cheating.

sad day for football when the AFL system and process people have basically accused Short of being a cheat. short knew it, player looked sheepish, umpires were guessing and evidence was there to back Shorty. A massive please explain is required here to Short and the Richmond Football Club or are we going to see another Lynch "let's move on quickly from this and hope nobody notices", nothing to see here.

Rance - jet, Astbury - foot soldier. Edwards - jet, Lambert - unbelievable foot soldier, Cotch and Jack - superstars, Towner - foot soldier etc etc. I think we had a wonderful blend of both that complimented each other. We gotta go back to the well now and get the next lot.
Find Sheds, Rance , Lambert, JR, Houli, Cotchin in our current crop of kids?.. Add Dusty, Grimes, Kmac, Pickett and all those names you mentioned who are basically all cooked. Something seriously has gone wrong with the players drafted or traded into the place.
Our jets were basically from the Wallet era and why we needed to bottom out and go to the drafts, but we all know what happened.

Last edited:
You don't win 3 flags in 4 years being the above. It just doesn't happen.

That was half a decade ago almost at this point. And all the key players are gone

Gone
Cotchin
Riewoldt
Astbury
Houli
Lambert
Edwards
Rance
Castagna
Caddy
Townsend
Ellis
Soldo
Butler
Dimma
Gale
Balme
Peggy
Kingsley
McRae
Leppa

Left in name but not in principle
Grimes
Prestia
Lynch
Martin
Broad
Pickett
Kmac
Nank

Time to move on, Dimma found it easy enough, surely the supporters can too without the sky falling in

Meh. I heard it all through 2010-2014 when GC and GWS came through. Didn't stop us.

We had our talent in Cotch, Dusty, Jack, Rance and Sheds and got active recruit guys like Prestia, Houli, Grigg and Nank. Our late drafting picking up guys like Castagna, Broad, Lambert, Short, Butler was also exceptional
Yes but at this stage we dont have a Dusty, Cotch or Jack and our new Rance is going to miss pretty much his whole 2nd and 3rd year of football.
If we are down around the bottom for the next 2-3 years we need to be converting those 4-5 top picks into top quality players.
It may then take a few more years while they build their games experience.
I hope we make a quick turnaround, but most importantly they don't look for quick fixes and revitalise the list properly.

only takes 1 game of fair umpiring for us to get our first win

afl might panic that we are gonna get a top 3 pick this week
I'd like to know how Geelong continually seem to acquire such high quality picks from other clubs year in year out. Have they got some sneaky backroom deal going on with the AFL. Wears the money coming from ? Something in the water at Corio it seems........

Back