Autopsy Roast & Toast R20 vs Fremantle & Changes for R21 vs North Melbourne

Best vs Freo

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No but you have missed the fact that Dimma is still mid career. Harvey, Parkin and Sheedy were all career coaches who coached for 25+ years so hardly a fair comparison.

I'd love it if someone could name Hafey's 18 senior coaches. That wb pretty cool to see.
I’m talking about Haley and the Richmond years, if we add the clubs it’s closer to 30

So Garth plays on a bloke that doesn’t kick a goal, and indeed barely touched the footy and you want him dropped? Yep, has limitations but he’s effective. Previous week, yes, Rata kicked 4 but the ball was flooding in there and he only had what? 6 touches. I’m no huge fan of Garth but he’s doing alright in my opinion

Spot on cops criticism for some reason when he does his job his no Rance we know that we got bigger issues then him.

Big decision on Garth coming at the end of the year. Garth, Miller and BiggieSmalls are it as far as backup behind Balta, Astbury (?) Grimes and Broad. It's going to be interesting to see if we persist with them developing or trade in someone.

His unfashionable Garth , but he does his job credit we're credit due like I said his no Balta or Rance.

So next year when broad,vlastuin and Balta return do you Garth will be playing? Also do you think he is our long term Astbury replacement? I admire Garthwaite for his effort, the bloke never gives up. I just don’t think he is ever going to be a best 22 type player.

The question is will Miller and Biggie come on not sure on that yet.At the moment on form he holds his place Garth doing his job even.if it's unfashionable.

Boy or boy if you think Hardwick coached us to the flags you way off it. This year has proved it without the best assistants we had in the 4 years. We will find more again next season. Caracalla wasn't the only one but along with the other new assistants they came up with that game plan.
Carra is a genius he has taken Essendon from nothing implemented game plan to suit them and they are playing decent footy something we don't seem to be able to do. The young players they have are that far superior to ours it isn't funny.
So from your first sentence, you have learned f all :'( :p

Man, you know what, i'm just walking away from this absolute train wreck post.

Neil B was on the TV news tonight, quietly confident that we have three relatively easy games coming up.
To blame Damien Hardwick, while ignoring the key absence of Dustin Martin from the team, shows some so-called contributors have zip knowledge of footy.
It's like that Fawlty Towers episode, don't mention the war.
Don't mention Dusty.

Firstly, a small correction, Caracella was at the club in 2019. If I recall, it was announced just as the finals were to commence, that he was leaving the club. But remained for the finals.

What I find bewildering is the current state of the footy department. Caracella left, but we still had Leppa and Fly, whilst Kingsley came on board. Yet, at the end of 2020, they let Leppa and Fly leave without a suitable replacement(s). Why? I agree with you, they were both a HUGE loss. They were senior, knowledgeable and experienced coaches, with successful playing backgrounds. I acknowledge the changes to the soft cap. Surely though, this impacted ALL clubs. However, some clubs have strengthened their footy departments.

We all know the 2016 review highlighted the fact that Dimma needed some mature and experienced assistants. The club makes the necessary changes, and we all know the results. Yet, we allow the footy department 2021 setup to resemble 2016. IMO, it’s no coincidence that on and off field, we look a lot like 2016. I appreciate the emotions between winning and losing, injuries and the blatantly obvious rule changes to undermine our playing style. But from what I have seen, the team no longer exudes that buzz, happy, smiley, caring, sharing, etc that was a feature of the team these last 4 yrs.

That’s my two bobs worth.

So, 2020 was all Leppa then, got it. And we are a coach down again on a reduced budget. So yes, while some strengthened, we actually couldn't as we had to let an additional coach go. Xavier Clarke wasn't able to coach in 2021 and has had limited games to coach this season as well. And are you acknowledging the lack of leadership we have had onfield all year due to injury? At one stage we had Nank, Prestia, Lambert, Edwards (and i'll include Soldo) out of the midfield all at the same time (and i reckon Cotch was out as well). And that's not even including Lynch, Houli and Astbury being out. We have been down 9 senior players nearly every game. Half a starting line up.

And i'll provide another fun fact, we have had 4 reduced pre seasons while playing an extra 20 games on top of teams who haven't made finals the last 4 seasons. You reckon some of these guys aren't fatigued? And currently Edwards, Bolton and Cotchin are all playing crook. So i think the reasons on the season are a little more simplified than "Dimma can't coach" which is a nonsense. Our greatest coach since Hafey. Just embarrassing some of the carry on in here.

It would be great but does he still coach?

Brenton Sanderson could help too. He was the ball movement and forwards coach in 2018 at Collingwood when they had that great ball movement that carved us up in the prelim.
Jennings working in the media a bit
Is usaully on sen every Thursday morning with Gerard
They discuss the upcoming match of the round
And tactics for both clubs
Seriously switched on,
He thinks he has been pigeon holed as purely tactical coach
But thinks he can be a very good line coach
Especially in midfield

Out: Chol, Aarts, Garthwaite
In: CCJ, Broad, Vlaustuin

I would like to see Cumberland and HRS get a gig, but we never make big changes unless injury forced.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The question is will Miller and Biggie come on not sure on that yet.At the moment on form he holds his place Garth doing his job even.if it's unfashionable.
Look if the club want to keep picking the best 22 available then yes Garth probably keeps his spot and I’m fine with that. I just think moving forward he wouldn’t be in our future plan as a first choice defender, Miller on the other hand is apparently highly rated within our club as a long term prospect that can play on the 200cm monsters. Personally from the small sample size I have seen of him at VFL level I don’t see it but I’ll back the club in.

Need to park the bus, ice the older players who are going on next year and play the kids.

Theres no shame in not winning the battle ( remaining games in 2021) if you can gain an advantage to win the overall war (premiership 2022)

Suggest if we have continued to pick Banana 1 and Banana 2 (Aarts and Castagna), we 'parked the bus' weeks ago.
No way anyone can tell me we are trying to win games with those two.

So, 2020 was all Leppa then, got it. And we are a coach down again on a reduced budget. So yes, while some strengthened, we actually couldn't as we had to let an additional coach go. Xavier Clarke wasn't able to coach in 2021 and has had limited games to coach this season as well. And are you acknowledging the lack of leadership we have had onfield all year due to injury? At one stage we had Nank, Prestia, Lambert, Edwards (and i'll include Soldo) out of the midfield all at the same time (and i reckon Cotch was out as well). And that's not even including Lynch, Houli and Astbury being out. We have been down 9 senior players nearly every game. Half a starting line up.

And i'll provide another fun fact, we have had 4 reduced pre seasons while playing an extra 20 games on top of teams who haven't made finals the last 4 seasons. You reckon some of these guys aren't fatigued? And currently Edwards, Bolton and Cotchin are all playing crook. So i think the reasons on the season are a little more simplified than "Dimma can't coach" which is a nonsense. Our greatest coach since Hafey. Just embarrassing some of the carry on in here.
Absolutely correct.

C'mon blood. Highlighting that Dimma has not had a good coaching year is not carrying on. If Dimma is to take the credit for the last 4 years (rather than it being all because of the quality of assistants) he also has to take responsibility for us being the worst team in the competition since the bye.

Yes we have got injuries and are fatigued from our hectice game style and yes we have got less coaches because of the soft cap but it is the head coaches responsibility to guide the ship and determine whether the season going until the end of October last year and the changes to the rules this season still meant our chaotic, heavy pressure game style was going to get it done this year.

There was enough signs early in the season both to the eye and in the statistics as well as the way that we where losing to indicate that better footskills and and playing team defence in the back half and rebounding, to make the call that as good as Dimma (and his coaching team) have been in previous years, he (they) have shown to be very poor this year.

Lemmings blame Dimma.
Don't mention a player called Dustin Martin being out of our team.
Our best player in 40 years, arguably longer.
DentalWhirlwindCheetah-max-1mb.gif

Last edited:
C'mon blood. Highlighting that Dimma has not had a good coaching year is not carrying on. If Dimma is to take the credit for the last 4 years (rather than it being all because of the quality of assistants) he also has to take responsibility for us being the worst team in the competition since the bye.

Yes we have got injuries and are fatigued from our hectice game style and yes we have got less coaches because of the soft cap but it is the head coaches responsibility to guide the ship and determine whether the season going until the end of October last year and the changes to the rules this season still meant our chaotic, heavy pressure game style was going to get it done this year.

There was enough signs early in the season both to the eye and in the statistics as well as the way that we where losing to indicate that better footskills and and playing team defence in the back half and rebounding, to make the call that as good as Dimma (and his coaching team) have been in previous years, he (they) have shown to be very poor this year.

So you take 9 starting players out of any team, particularly wiping a midfield at one stage then a defence the next and you think it's all coaching? We have people in here calling for him to be replaced. It's a nonsense. Add the IP lost around him with one less coach, of course we are gonna struggle.

So you take 9 starting players out of any team, particularly wiping a midfield at one stage then a defence the next and you think it's all coaching? We have people in here calling for him to be replaced. It's a nonsense. Add the IP lost around him with one less coach, of course we are gonna struggle.
Well mate, I am not calling for him to be replaced just yet. Dimma has not got the job done this year and it is obvious new ideas are needed and that comes with new coaches. We should be critical of the club for the lack of new assistants this year and it needs to be remedied next year whether that is Grigg coming back from Geelong or even Clarkson joining Dimma.

Well mate, I am not calling for him to be replaced just yet. Dimma has not got the job done this year and it is obvious new ideas are needed and that comes with new coaches. We should be critical of the club for the lack of new assistants this year and it needs to be remedied next year whether that is Grigg coming back from Geelong or even Clarkson joining Dimma.
jeremy would be good but i dont think he likes jeeps

So what i have learned is we still must have conspiracy nuts here who think Blake Carracalla coached the first flag, not Hardwick, but are still gonna struggle to explain how we won 2019 and 2020.
Also, Tom Lynch (who kicked more goals than Jack in seasons 2019 and 2020) now can no longer play even though it was clear he was carrying an injury the first half of the year. But, because he's on big coin so he should go.
The fact we lost Fly bags, Leppa, and our strength and conditioning coach in one off season is apparently irrelevant. Add to the fact we lost $100k in the soft cap and have been coaching one coach down therefore spreading the load across less people, nah, that shouldn't impact them. Dimma should just coach better.
Then we also have have had our worst consistent injury run in years, we had basically our midfield wiped (plus Lynch) and now we have had our defence wiped including losing the best player in the comp (from the midfield/forward line) around 8/9 players on average per game - half a starting line up and people still think we should be "kicking arse".
Finally, no VFL last year and now due to injury and covid (disrupted season), people think kids who are still trying to learn and develop should be coming in ready made and dominating. Yeah, makes sense.
So, we should sack the coach who rebuilt the club "from the worst list since Fitzroy on it's deathbed" to a 3 flag dynasty team because it's clear he "can't coach". Yeah, well thought out stuff people.

Happy for anyone to dispute me on the above and tell me i am wrong. Have at it.
The 100k soft cap penalty… what does $100k buy these days? That’s not even half a development coach so I’m not sure why everyone keeps citing that. I doubt it has been a difference maker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back