• 41: Mabior Chol

• 43: Derek Eggmolesse-Smith

• 44: Sydney Stack

• 50: Marlion Pickett

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very thourough response. I respect that.

Just on umpire bias.

heres Q1:

Q1:

1. Mark to Hartlett not paid
  2. 95% staging by Woodcock. Stack’s knee did hit his head though. High contact therefore free kick.
    1. Yes the staging aspect if frustrating, but the free kick is there nonetheless.
    2. Correct Free Kick.
  3. Butters pushed out in marking contest If50. No free kick. He played for it and had a free kick been paid it would have been tremendously soft. Good call.
  4. 12.20 on the clock – Boak not paid clear holding the man after disposing by handball.
  5. 11.07 on the clock. Clear high contact on Butters not paid.
  6. 11.05 clear high fend off from Dusty on Wines – not paid.
  7. 10.39 on the clock – Soldo eyes off ball in ruck contest pushes out Ladhams before winning the tap. Blocking foul not paid.
  8. 10:32 – holding the ball on I think Caddy by SPP. Tried to sell candy. Slipped, had plenty of time to get rid of it. Correct HtB.
    1. Correct Free Kick
  9. 10:16 – Bolton again with PLENTY of time to get rid of it, in fact he also tried to sell candy, tackled, incorrect disposal. Correct HtB.
    1. Correct Free Kick
  10. 9.28 – marking contest if50, Holding on Charlie not paid. Would have been soft if paid.
  11. 9.24 on clock – Chol running into Charlie in ruck contest. Was paid a free kick.
    1. IMO wrong call. Chol moved body towards the ball which meant he was going to make contact with Charlie.
    2. Poor Free Kick awarded.
  12. 8:45 – Clear HtB on your number 2, tackled applied by SPP. Not awarded.
  13. 8:36 – slight hold of Chols arm in ruck contest by Dixon.
    1. Should have been awarded, may have been soft but the half a second hold was there.
  14. 6.05 – SPP tackles Castagna. HtB awarded. From the back angle looked like Castagna got a boot to the ball. From the umpires vision angle clearly the ball was dropped and missed the foot.
    1. Correct Free Kick Awarded.
  15. 5.17 – unrealistic attempt at a mark from Shai Bolton.
    1. He was no where near it and makes contact with Wines.
    2. Correct Free Kick
  16. Nothing to do with umpiring, but Gee Chol was good in the lead up to your second goal with his run along the wing.
  17. 4.07 -Again Castagna tries to shake and bake, plenty of time to get rid of it, tackled by Wines.
  18. 3.10 – jack punches Jonas in the nuts.
    1. No free kick awarded.
  19. 2.27 – Rockliff smashed off the ball and away from play.
    1. Correct free kick
  20. 2.00 – High tackle by Boyd Woodcock
  21. 0.29 – Clear push in back from Lynch to get Clurey out of contest allowing for easy goal out the back for Riewoldt.
    1. Clear missed free kick.

In Summation:

Port awarded 7 free kicks correctly.

Port not awarded 7 clear free kicks.

Port awarded 1 poor free kick.

Richmond awarded 1 poor free kick.

Clearly Richmond wiht the rub of the green here, despite us being paid much more free kicks which were clear and obvious.
Just wondering.
Your not married too that crows poster(His name escapes me ATM) who made that vid after the 17gf?
If you are you make a lovely couple.

Just on umpire bias.

heres Q1:

Q1:

2. 95% staging by Woodcock. Stack’s knee did hit his head though. High contact therefore free kick.
    1. Yes the staging aspect if frustrating, but the free kick is there nonetheless.
    2. Correct Free Kick.
  3. Butters pushed out in marking contest If50. No free kick. He played for it and had a free kick been paid it would have been tremendously soft. Good call.
  4. 12.20 on the clock – Boak not paid clear holding the man after disposing by handball.
  7. 10.39 on the clock – Soldo eyes off ball in ruck contest pushes out Ladhams before winning the tap. Blocking foul not paid.
  8. 10:32 – holding the ball on I think Caddy by SPP. Tried to sell candy. Slipped, had plenty of time to get rid of it. Correct HtB.
    1. Correct Free Kick
  9. 10:16 – Bolton again with PLENTY of time to get rid of it, in fact he also tried to sell candy, tackled, incorrect disposal. Correct HtB.
    1. Correct Free Kick
  10. 9.28 – marking contest if50, Holding on Charlie not paid. Would have been soft if paid.
  11. 9.24 on clock – Chol running into Charlie in ruck contest. Was paid a free kick.
    1. IMO wrong call. Chol moved body towards the ball which meant he was going to make contact with Charlie.
    1. Should have been awarded, may have been soft but the half a second hold was there.
  14. 6.05 – SPP tackles Castagna. HtB awarded. From the back angle looked like Castagna got a boot to the ball. From the umpires vision angle clearly the ball was dropped and missed the foot.
    2. Correct Free Kick
  16. Nothing to do with umpiring, but Gee Chol was good in the lead up to your second goal with his run along the wing.
  17. 4.07 -Again Castagna tries to shake and bake, plenty of time to get rid of it, tackled by Wines.
    1. No free kick awarded.
    1. Correct free kick
  21. 0.29 – Clear push in back from Lynch to get Clurey out of contest allowing for easy goal out the back for Riewoldt.

In Summation:

Clearly Richmond wiht the rub of the green here, despite us being paid much more free kicks which were clear and obvious.
There's a video made by the Adelaide mob after the GF doing much the same as you are doing. You'll love it.

There's a video made by the Adelaide mob after the GF doing much the same as you are doing. You'll love it.

At least Adelaide actually lost the free kick count that day, so there was some basis to their claims.

These campaigners are complaining they were hard done by after doubling our free kick count!! :D

Look to an extent I can see what your swaying, but, in saying that, you were gifted 3 non-existent free kick goals in the first half. In addition, we butchered 4 straight kicks dead in front (Dixon x2, Farrel and Rockliff) and we beat you by 3 goals, so for me a yesterdays game we looked a 10 goal better side. Cotchin, Houli, Astbury, Edwards - they'll be close to making a 10 goal difference, but I just don't think that'd be enough. Further, we are still missing best 22 players who are very experienced too including (Burton, Ebert, Motlop to injuries), Weesthoff to poor form and some kids like Marshall and Rozzee.

Yes the free kick total was in our favour, but if any team from that game got screwed over it was us. The epitome of shocking umpiring happened when dusty pushed clurey into riewoldt - free kick tigers - goal. Then the clearest of any push int he back Ive ever seen to Robbie gray 35 meters out, was paid holding the ball - rihcmond counter and score. Yes second half they gave us plenty of free kicks but they were your usual getting to the ball first free kicks. The umpiring was useless but far from favoring Port Adelaide.

When you say port and the media can celebrate like we've won the grandfinal, I'm just not sure there is any merit to that. Go on kayo and watch the final siren, it wasn't a celebration running around jumping into each others arms going crazy. It was fairly subdued. I know that the club and any supporter whit half a brain cell knows there's a monster of a hill still to climb. With the media, you can't do anything about that, we've been top of the tbale for 19 weeks, and unless players are fondling each other in changerooms where there shoudln't be cameras anyway, then they really are having slow news days quite often, and have to write something.

I wouldn't be counting us out just yet - but for what its worth its still Richmond and West Coast as the teams to beat.
You missed Prestia , last years BF in a premiership year,
Cotch
Prestia
Shedda
Are our top 3 midfielders basically the engine room , I know some knob jockeys says , ohh what about dusty . He plays a lot forward when these guys are on . Refer last years finals series
That’s where we were pantsed on Saturday , to have been in front at 3/4 time with our stand ins was an exceptional effort and says plenty . Counting missed goals is fools play , it’s called pressure . You get that playing the reigning premiers

I know of only two Port supporters. Both are carrying on like they just won 3 premierships in a row by 10 goals. BTW - They don't know, or are related to each other. They sound like Colliwobbles supporters at the moment, and I'm enjoying every second !!
Funny, the players were doing the same thing, carrying on like pork chops after the win

At no point in your rambling, incoherent response was there anything that could even be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this board is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul
Man I'm glad I called that guy 🤣🤣🤣

Just on umpire bias.

heres Q1:

Q1:

2. Correct Free Kick.
    1. Correct Free Kick
    1. Correct Free Kick
    2. Correct Free Kick
    1. No free kick awarded.
    1. Correct free kick

In Summation:

Haha I admire your passion , I actually do , can you go back over that analysis with the other eye opened this time and review the decisions or lack of toward the Tigers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lads. You're arguing with a girl. About football.

Not defending that port poster who came accross as trollish, but I have a female co worker who could out smarten a lot of blokes on BF when it comes to footy.

I am going to take a guess and say if a chick posts here, shes clearly interested enough to be able to debate footy with the blokes. Its 2020, not 1990 :p

Just on umpire bias.

heres Q1:

Q1:

2. Correct Free Kick.
    1. Correct Free Kick
    1. Correct Free Kick
    2. Correct Free Kick
    1. No free kick awarded.
    1. Correct free kick

In Summation:

Can't believe I'm getting sucked into this.......

Look guys, argue all you like about umpiring. Whether or not Port and its fans thinks we had the rub of the green is actually irrelevant. Just look at the factual numbers. Port 22. Richmond 11. It doesn't get much clearer than that. Double the frees. Port girl, please go back and watch how many times Riewoldt and Lynch get held or stopped from running at a ball in flight. Pick out 4 or 5 frees there, I'll give you 30 seconds, it's all you'll need.

If we do wanna argue a contentious one though, can you or any other Port fan lurking in this thread honestly tell me that the free kick prior to the game-killing 100-metre penalty was legitimate? Like, without their fingers crossed behind their backs? Just go watch the Dusty holding the ball again please. What an absolute joke.

Anyway, we shouldn't argue with Port fans about our outs versus their outs, they're going to place just as much stock in their missing players as we are, and who is to say some of their outs wouldn't walk into our side? I'd prob take Rozee or Ebert, anyway. But the main point is not just that we had these gun players out, but that Port did this against a starting centre-square midfield comprised of:

Dustin Martin (who played forward most of the last quarter)

then...

Shai Bolton - 38 games
Jack Ross - 12 games
Marlion Pickett - 10 games
Sydney Stack (who is also a defender, also a forward, not really a midfielder, who knows what he is right now) - 24 games

Congratulations Port, your experienced centre-square midfield of Boak, Gray, Rockliff, Wines, Powell-Pepper beat up a bunch of kids who've played 80 games between them. Nice work :thumbsu:

Put as much or as little stock into our outs and yours as you like. Fact is, you winning the midfield battle won you the game, but you were behind at 3 qtr time with a longer rest up your sleeve. Next time when we have our normal midfield in, you might still win the midfield battle on account of having a few bigger bodies in there, but the contest itself will be a lot different.

Cheers

Not defending that port poster who came accross as trollish, but I have a female co worker who could out smarten a lot of blokes on BF when it comes to footy.

I am going to take a guess and say if a chick posts here, shes clearly interested enough to be able to debate footy with the blokes. Its 2020, not 1990 :p
I tend not to pay much attention to the football opinions of someone who hasn't played against men. If it had been Gerard Whately posting I'd have said the same thing, substituting 'Whately' for 'a girl'.

You may complain about missing dead set free's, but if that was the case then the free kick count would have been 7 to 22 your way. You don't suppose the umps missed a few our way, because 7 free's in a match would have been pretty slim pickings. They missed plenty, but I for one am not complaining about the umps, I didn't think they were too bad overall. Missed some really obvious ones no doubt.

I love how everyone forgets about Prestia who won our B & F in a canter and is a dead set unrated gun. Cotchin would have made your mids earn their keep and some. Edwards was AA a year ago. Houli AA last year. Astbury has held down full back for years, and almost never gets beaten. After Rance he is the best full back we have had going way back into the Dick Clay in the 70's. (Give me a better one Richmond posters). Nankervis was in great form until injured, the first time injury free since 2017 and in great form. You can't seriously compare that lot to Burton, Ebert (good player) and more cold than hot Motlop. Westoff is 33 no wonder he is struggling. Marshall will probably be good, and Rozzee is a gun I'll give you that.

Our midfield was made up of Bolton and Stack who are 78kg's wringing wet, Martin who did okay, Ross playing his first 10 games and Caddy back after 4 weeks with a hammy (and is no centre mid at any stage of his career). You have the biggest midfield pack in the league, and the slowest by the way, little wonder you won the clearances, you should have demolished us.

You beat us well and the scoreline flattered us, but with a full list and a ground not so suited to Port, i.e a wider ground where we could use our pace, the scoreline would have been much different. I do rate Port as the best side we have played this year, although WC are looking ominous.
Full backs? Robbie McGhie. And I think St Francis played there too.

You make it sound like that would be difficult :p

Full backs? Robbie McGhie. And I think St Francis played there too.
McGhie was a CHB and Bourke HB mainly. Played a bit at FB later in his career but was mainly a wingman and flanker.

It's quite amazing how few top shelf key backs we have had. Scott Turner was pretty good, Emmett Dunne not a bad BP, but it does show how rare they are and how good Astbury has been over the years. Don't ever recall a forward kicking more than 2 goals on him.

Can't believe I'm getting sucked into this.......

Look guys, argue all you like about umpiring. Whether or not Port and its fans thinks we had the rub of the green is actually irrelevant. Just look at the factual numbers. Port 22. Richmond 11. It doesn't get much clearer than that. Double the frees. Port girl, please go back and watch how many times Riewoldt and Lynch get held or stopped from running at a ball in flight. Pick out 4 or 5 frees there, I'll give you 30 seconds, it's all you'll need.

If we do wanna argue a contentious one though, can you or any other Port fan lurking in this thread honestly tell me that the free kick prior to the game-killing 100-metre penalty was legitimate? Like, without their fingers crossed behind their backs? Just go watch the Dusty holding the ball again please. What an absolute joke.

Anyway, we shouldn't argue with Port fans about our outs versus their outs, they're going to place just as much stock in their missing players as we are, and who is to say some of their outs wouldn't walk into our side? I'd prob take Rozee or Ebert, anyway. But the main point is not just that we had these gun players out, but that Port did this against a starting centre-square midfield comprised of:

Dustin Martin (who played forward most of the last quarter)

then...

Shai Bolton - 38 games
Jack Ross - 12 games
Marlion Pickett - 10 games
Sydney Stack (who is also a defender, also a forward, not really a midfielder, who knows what he is right now) - 24 games

Congratulations Port, your experienced centre-square midfield of Boak, Gray, Rockliff, Wines, Powell-Pepper beat up a bunch of kids who've played 80 games between them. Nice work :thumbsu:

Put as much or as little stock into our outs and yours as you like. Fact is, you winning the midfield battle won you the game, but you were behind at 3 qtr time with a longer rest up your sleeve. Next time when we have our normal midfield in, you might still win the midfield battle on account of having a few bigger bodies in there, but the contest itself will be a lot different.

Cheers

Brilliant post. It is rare to lose a game, but walk away knowing you are in a very good position. Port played their best game in many seasons, and that was what was required to beat us with the amount of quality out of our side. Free kick bias and home turf aside, I'm happy with the way we played Port after 2 X 4 day breaks. Also, I agree with the Dusty non free kick which gifted Port the momentum. Maybe it was there, but it was not being paid in the 1st to 3rd quarters. The hate is on us as the rest of the comp know we are about to shift into gear...

McGhie was a CHB and Bourke HB mainly. Played a bit at FB later in his career but was mainly a wingman and flanker.

It's quite amazing how few top shelf key backs we have had. Scott Turner was pretty good, Emmett Dunne not a bad BP, but it does show how rare they are and how good Astbury has been over the years. Don't ever recall a forward kicking more than 2 goals on him.

Greg Stratchan was no slouch. The David Cloke of the backline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back