Autopsy Roast & toast vs Melbourne and changes for Gold Coast round 6

Best vs Dees

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t know what’s going on with Prestia. Was he on a modified preseason, on a modified program now or what. Because his output at the moment is nowhere near his best and he’s been one of our most consistent players when he’s out there.

Maybe hes no longer our main clearance player so doesn't really offer a lot else these days. Hopper and Taranto were outstanding the other night, we just need to load up with speed or skill around them (preferably both).

As for Ross who many want in, I get rewarding VFL form but surely recruiting Hopper + Taranto was the end of him. What does he really offer at AFL level? He's not quick or have great skills, that sort of player must be a great clearance player to make it at AFL level. He's not. What player in the league can people compare him to that is any good? He's the obvious too good for VFL, not good enough for AFL player.

What? Cumberland has played every game since r3. He didn’t pick on him at all. The guy had 2 touches after 1/4 time. I’m sure you’d be just as forgiving if was Costagna for example.
And Dion Prestia can’t kick for s**t? What a junk take.
Vlaustin is out of form yet had 21 disposals at 95% disposal efficiency. Yeah, Dimma is gonna go off on that one.
Junior has been in and out of the team which has been reflective of form.
So bottom line is a coach is entitled to ask players to perform. And if you actually watched the presser you’d know he wasn’t picked on at all.
If Cumberland wants to play 1’s, then 2 possies after 1/4 time aint gonna cut the mustard. Go watch the presser. The kid is no victim at all.
Can’t Hardwick just tell Cumberland instead of flaming him publicly though? I don’t even recall him doing this to the likes of Vickery, Castagna, and Morris, so I don’t know what makes Cumberland especially bad. He’s only played 12 games so of course has a lot to learn. But he’s also kicked 25 goals in those 12 games. He could’ve easily had 2 more goals after the first quarter but let Dusty and Riewoldt have them.

Hardwick just acts like an idiot sometimes after a crap loss. He’s done this for years. Him calling out Cumberland is exactly just that.

Maybe hes no longer our main clearance player so doesn't really offer a lot else these days. Hopper and Taranto were outstanding the other night, we just need to load up with speed or skill around them (preferably both).

As for Ross who many want in, I get rewarding VFL form but surely recruiting Hopper + Taranto was the end of him. What does he really offer at AFL level? He's not quick or have great skills, that sort of player must be a great clearance player to make it at AFL level. He's not. What player in the league can people compare him to that is any good? He's the obvious too good for VFL, not good enough for AFL player.
Ross actually kicks the ball long and low and flat. A lot like Short. Forwards love delivery like that because it doesn't give the defenders time to leave their man and go 2 on 1. I personally thing he should be in the side.

This is just not correct. He slipped over twice on the weekend which cost 2 x goals. Other than those 2 x slips, can anyone provide me any evidence Vlastuin was poor on the weekend?

He had 21 touches at 95% and was the highest rated player on the ground.

So if he wears boots with longer stops, what else is the issue ?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Not talking about Monday night, he was pretty good I thought.
Just talking about my overall impression.

He rucks all game in the VFL.

Miller was going just okay I thought . I would have left him on for his own development.

the mids roved some of Max's hit outs.
I would have thought sub a small off. Mansell or Clarke.

Jeez Balta was playing amazinly well. No brain fades down back.

went well in the ruck.

KPD went okay too. JVR did nothing for 3 qtrs. Then took a few impressive marks. A few of our defenders nearby.
Balta was much better robbed of a mark he had control of until knocked out of hands too

His disposal eff% says otherwise
agree, i don't know where they get this information from because all stats show the opposite.
Ross was flying in the early rounds, he was ranked no5 for disposal efficiency in the AFL and they got dropped the next week.
It s**t me to tears when I hear this bullshit over and over again, the kid plays his role perfectly and doesn't get any support from the supporters and the coaches. From what I'm hearing he will be gone next year most likely the Saints.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feel kinda bad for Ross. He isn't amazing so far, but he may have played like 30 extra games if Edwards and Cotch weren't there. But I can't really argue with the club playing out the legends. If he sticks around he won't really have much competition as that last mid but maybe he'll leave before we get to see that happen

Feel kinda bad for Ross. He isn't amazing so far, but he may have played like 30 extra games if Edwards and Cotch weren't there. But I can't really argue with the club playing out the legends. If he sticks around he won't really have much competition as that last mid but maybe he'll leave before we get to see that happen
Remember in his early games when he took over from Cotch when he was injured? Ross was playing so well as a mid until the club in their infinite wisdom decided to slim him down and change his role. I remember thinking it was a game at Marvel that Ross was going to make it.

Never been the same since that flogs elbow
Seriously he cost us 3 clear goals on the weekend
Never ever let him kick it in
Can anyone explain why we always kick it to the right normally short and 30% of the time miss our target and then we bomb it to a pack normally 2 on 4 the ball is rebounded back
Happens every week who is assisting these stuff ups

He is a forward, can take a high mark and kick goals - not so Rioli, Mansell or Clarke. Goals win matches
Mansell is Dimmas new love child a bit like Aarts was
Is tough but imo offers little when guys like Sonsie Ross offer more
Same with Hugo I’m starting to think he won’t make it lacks a bit of heart I think and disposal is 50:50 at best

Remember in his early games when he took over from Cotch when he was injured? Ross was playing so well as a mid until the club in their infinite wisdom decided to slim him down and change his role. I remember thinking it was a game at Marvel that Ross was going to make it.
Na he copped an ankle injury in a Freo game (syndusmosis) and he has never been the same since

Was very good in elim final last year ,,,should be playing ahead of macca every day of the week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back