Autopsy Roast, toast vs Sydney and changes for Port Adelaide in two weeks

Best vs Sydney

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

As is always the case. The healthiest team often wins it in the end. Even if a star player goes down with a season ending injury, if you have 21 of your best 22 out there in the finals compared to the team with 4 or 5 of their best out, it’s hard to lose if you play well. Had we had a full side we would’ve beaten Sydney and not dropped off so drastically. Every game is a must win, but I really don’t want Lynch and Noah rushed back after the bye. So many missed opportunities Friday. And now Port and the Doggies are coming good. The 8 looks pretty set unless st kilda do a st kilda and drop off. It’ll be us, port and doggies fighting for 8th.

Yeah, I used to get really riled up by the umpires, someone then made me really look at it and in all honesty, 99% of the time the better team wins so it’s just easier to go with the flow …. Swings and round abouts sorta thing.

Still last night would have been a toughie for me even with my new approach.

I also think when you cough up a winning lead that also can make it so much worse. I thought your coach took the high road quite well after the loss.
Quoted for context. Dont bother replying kid.
It's just an opinion mate. Anyone's welcome to come here and share their opinion as long as it's not offensive. Pretty disappointing when they get sent away because people are too bitter to accept the obvious truth. Tigers blew it through ill discipline. We're a shadow of 17-20 team but too arrogant to admit it hence the despicable frees we continually give away.
Yes we had a couple of shocking umpiring decisions against us but that's not the real problem.

Outs: George Ross
Ins: don't care
WTF, Nah * that. Clearly the little campaigner is barely off the nip and has little to no self awareness. Trying to tell passionate supporteres how to they should react after a controversal loss is extremely condescending at the very least. Would you post that crap on a oppo's board after they lost by a kick to us.

You realise that Richmond won the free kick count tonight….
And the Reid one? I still have absolutely no idea what it was for. And it gifted the opening goal.

Not sure if that one or the Rioli one is the worst free against I've ever seen.
With the Reid one, the free kick was not shown on replay vision because the infringement occurred much earlier - believe it happened on the Thursday.

I think our biggest problem last year and so far this year is simply our composure with the ball. From 2017-2020 despite our chaos style we always had a player or two behind the ball to mop up any turnovers post clearance and turn defence into attack which oppo teams couldn't combat. Of course the crap rule changes have taken us longer to adjust to but the biggest problem I thought on Friday was our lack of composure at key moments of the game that opened the door for the Swans. Our 2017-2020 team would have won that game by 8 goals minimum. Sadly, we're not just that team anymore and the sooner Dimma realises this and makes the slight required corrections the better off we'll be. I have no idea where our season will end up but I live in hope !! 🐯

As is always the case. The healthiest team often wins it in the end. Even if a star player goes down with a season ending injury, if you have 21 of your best 22 out there in the finals compared to the team with 4 or 5 of their best out, it’s hard to lose if you play well. Had we had a full side we would’ve beaten Sydney and not dropped off so drastically. Every game is a must win, but I really don’t want Lynch and Noah rushed back after the bye. So many missed opportunities Friday. And now Port and the Doggies are coming good. The 8 looks pretty set unless st kilda do a st kilda and drop off. It’ll be us, port and doggies fighting for 8th.
what u mean rush back? balta did a regular hammie and lynch a minor one and by the time port at the g rolls around it would have been 4 weeks off for balta and 3 weeks off for lynch

Quoted for context. Dont bother replying kid.

WTF, Nah duck that. Clearly the little campaigner is barely off the nip and has little to no self awareness. Trying to tell passionate supporteres how to they should react after a controversal loss is extremely condescending at the very least. Would you post that crap on a oppo's board after they lost by a kick to us.
Just a few points if I may …. 1) waited an appropriate amount of time, it would be classless not to, that was a tough situation for any supporter at any club to take. No one, including the umpires, want something like that to ever happen.

2) was just responding to a response from an original post, posted some 15 mins earlier, about how I was always very riled up by umpires but someone showed me to go with the flow and it’s made my footy watching more enjoyable BUT put the caveat in there that I would have found the loss and decision harder to take … at the time I was putting myself in my own shoes if CFC had lost one of its close games where it coughed up a big lead (has happened a few times this year) to a decision like that. (So no cheek intended)

3) Praised ur coach for his classy after match interview.

Anyway looking forward to our game in a few weeks, considering they have been fairly average for a while I’m thinking the next is gonna be huge and it’s fitting. Two big V clubs, filled MCG, great contest …. nothing better.

our supporters are just extra salty coz they know we woulda had 5-6 flags in 6 years if it wasn't for steve hocking
We would be top 4 right now if we had the rules before the ones Shocking put in after enviously watching Richmond's defense destroy teams.
CFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

wait is that Dimmer Twitter account real? Some of the posts do make it seem real but I always assumed it was some random pretending to be him lol

View attachment 1411268

If its a random pretending to be him, the account should be reported as its identity theft.

wait is that Dimmer Twitter account real? Some of the posts do make it seem real but I always assumed it was some random pretending to be him lol

View attachment 1411268
Yeah I’ve never been able to work it out if it is genuine or not, if it is him he should look at getting it verified (blue tick) or if it’s a fake they should at least make it clear it’s a parody

I don't like accounts created like that,just use your own name FFS.
Never go near Twitter or Facebook.
I gave Facebook the arse 5 months ago and my brain is getting back to normal only for corrupt umps to turn it into a mush again sigh.

Stack or Cumberland ?

I’d be happy to see either come in to play that small forward role.

I think we missed an opportunity on Saturday to sub Noah into the game. With George doing diddly-squat and MRJ looking spent, That raking left foot and leg speed could have been a real factor in the 2nd half.

Ok it’s not how the medical sub is meant to work , but sure we could have strapped an ice pack to George’s leg. Particularly seeing we have the bye this week

I says to the nuffy faction who claimed its melb by how far ,,,whoa, hold ya horses, anything can happen, what if they lost a key player on eve of finals
Exhibit A Steven May knocked out today , Freo win first game at G since 2017
Would love to see how Melbourne go with a plateful of injuries like we had in 2019 and 2020… they’ve had a dream run.

Inb4 a Dees fan says Weiderman and Tomlinson are missing from best 22

I don't know about Sheds as he just runs out of petrol too quickly. Agree on KMac
Edwards should be the sub every week. Turn him into a burst player who comes on and can impact a game with his smarts, cuts his minutes down and keeps him fresh. Also spares younger players from missing vfl to be the unused sub

Back